+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DPS Rogue, Looking toward Tanking SLEDs.

Default DPS Rogue, Looking toward Tanking SLEDs.

Hi all,

I'm currently running a DPS build for Expert Dungeons, but am looking down the road toward Tanking. I'm a fairly fresh level 60 with only a few DPS purples and wonder what to do with my Slayer's Marks. My DPS is reasonable for Experts, I say this because I'm in second place on the dps meter most times, all the while maintaining proper mechanics (most of the time). I see far more DPS gear drops than I do Tank drops, this makes me think I should just grab DPS drops and spend Marks on Tank Gear.

Before I spend my hard earned Marks one way or the other, can anyone with more experience than myself offer some advice?

Thanks Kindly.

Bump for down time goodness.

Rift Chaser

Cannot offer specific advice but a few things to think about. First, don't use marks for helm or belt at this time for either dps or tank. You can get crafted rings, belt, helm that are every good if a good augment is used.

Next think about what you want to do with your rouge. Are you planning on going past experts and participate in 10/20 man raids? Are you in a guild that may have spot for rogue tank?

It is easier/faster to get in expert groups as a tank than a dps role. You don't need slayer gear to do okay as expert tank. You can do just fine with purple crafted gear, gear from chronicles, and stuff you pick up in the experts. Get some 60 level blue crafted gear for other pieces. Go with endurance augments and runes when possible. Get a source engine started, again with endurance being the primary stat. Main thing is to get decent gear and to understand your abilities and how a rogue tank works. Experiment in some non-expert instances first.

It is easier to get in 10/20 man raids as a dps/support versus a tank. You will need +hit to qualify as dps/support role and they usually want decent gear in general. You need +hit and toughess to be candidate for tank.

All in all, if you are planning on going past expert dungeons, the easiest avenue would be as dps/support and so you would tend to go with dps gear. However, if you have plans and means to raid as tank, then save them for the tank gear -- toughness and +hit being the first things to look at.

+ Reply to Thread