+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fire and Shadow: My Warlock/Pyromancer Build

Default Fire and Shadow: My Warlock/Pyromancer Build

Until I get a good look at the Dominator, I think this build is my current plan. It specializes in DoTs, stuns, CC reduction/escape, disarms, and self-heals.

Not sure what I am going to name it yet; maybe, "Ebonfire Mage" or "Ember Warlock".

"That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die."
    --H.P. Lovecraft

Destruction warlock pretty much ,eh?
    http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2009/341/5/7/Giotto_sig_by_aurionK.png

Uhhh... Warlocks in Rift are nothing like Warlocks in WoW. So, no.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die."
    --H.P. Lovecraft

Looking at the Talent trees id say its pretty much spot on the same as WOW.

Not really any big differences between a Demo Warlock with a bit of affliction built in and your build.

But then again, how it looks on paper and how its played are two very different things.

Nice builder!

Already fiddled around a bit and made a mage build: http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...lementalist.40

Why do ducks have webbed feet?...To stamp out fires

Why do elephants have flat feet?...To stamp out burning ducks.

Looks nice.

Fire and Shadow ?

Balrog

Prophecy

Sigh...

It is not a WoW Warlock. Not EVERYTHING has to circle back to WoW. The class as I have it built is part Direct Damage, part DoTs, with a focus on stuns and self healing.

I'm sure we can all think of at least 10 other classes from MMOs which deal with DoTs and DD. In case some of you are unaware, Druids from the original EQ used DoTs extensively in addition to their DD capability. I don't see anyone comparing them to a Destro Warlock from WoW. If anything, this build is much more similar to a Shadow Priest before they changed the Darkness talent (it used to be a 10% stun chance with shadow spells).

Are there similarities? Yes, of course. Every MMO has similarities to others. Is it "basically a Destro Warlock"? No.

--H.P. Lovecraft

Soulwalker

I have strange feeling that all not full 51 build won't work good, because there isn't any synergy between trees, hope i'm wrong.

There's plenty of synergy. Several of the talents and root abilities improve the spells from both souls.

--H.P. Lovecraft

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistrad View Post
    There's plenty of synergy. Several of the talents and root abilities improve the spells from both souls.
    which one? Most pyro talents is about fire and warlock's shadow. Imho 51 warlock x2 buff and mass fear is much better.
    Last edited by Carcinoma; 10-07-2010 at 11:19 AM.

Soulwalker

pretty nice build i would say. i should start thinking of one for myself

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistrad View Post
    Sigh...

It is not a WoW Warlock. Not EVERYTHING has to circle back to WoW. The class as I have it built is part Direct Damage, part DoTs, with a focus on stuns and self healing.

I'm sure we can all think of at least 10 other classes from MMOs which deal with DoTs and DD. In case some of you are unaware, Druids from the original EQ used DoTs extensively in addition to their DD capability. I don't see anyone comparing them to a Destro Warlock from WoW. If anything, this build is much more similar to a Shadow Priest before they changed the Darkness talent (it used to be a 10% stun chance with shadow spells).

Are there similarities? Yes, of course. Every MMO has similarities to others. Is it "basically a Destro Warlock"? No.
    It doesn't have to focus around WoW, but the class you made sounds MOST like a destruction warlock because it uses direct fire damage spells with shadow dots, stuns, and FEAR, sacrifices health to get mana, drains health, summons etc , some things the druid from ever quest for sure didn't have but the WoW warlock does have all of them. Anyways think whatever you like, your class is not original and is a straight copy of WoW warlock which is not a bad thing but If YOU want to think that it is, then that's your problem but just know that your are wrong.
    Last edited by Candela; 10-07-2010 at 07:25 PM.
    http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2009/341/5/7/Giotto_sig_by_aurionK.png

I'm curious to see just how many "warlocks" we see running around. Easy mode FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Candela View Post
    It doesn't have to focus around WoW, but the class you made sounds MOST like a destruction warlock because it uses direct fire damage spells with shadow dots, stuns, and FEAR, sacrifices health to get mana, drains health, summons etc , some things the druid from ever quest for sure didn't have but the WoW warlock does have all of them. Anyways think whatever you like, your class is not original and is a straight copy of WoW warlock which is not a bad thing but If YOU want to think that it is, then that's your problem but just know that your are wrong.
    Couldnt agree with you more...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast