+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New player! LF Magic melee dps guide!

Soulwalker

Default New player! LF Magic melee dps guide!

I am a brand spankin new player to rift and it can be quite overwhelming with all the soul options.

I am looking to choose a soul combination that offers a melee magic dynamic with sizeable great DPS (so its not unwanted in dungeons/raids) and really good utility.

I looked into Shaman but I did not see a lot of supporters...

Any suggestions??

harbinger
    valvalval.net

Soulwalker

I appreciate the suggestion but the thing is, harbinger is unavailable to me because I am unwilling to pay for the expansion without first knowing Ill enjoy the game... Its kind of a catch 22 but I would like to try a pre storm legion soul guide

Soulwalker

Rogue specced in Nightblade. Damage is a mix of fire an death magic, is a melee class yet does not suffer terribly from being disconnected with target either since they have quite a few attacks om 20m range.

One thing you should know, and I'm not trying to deter you from the game or anything, is that the visual effects aren't really that awesome in the game. Imo, playing any melee in the game just feels like playing melee rather than having a distinction between a warrior and a spellsword

magic melee in the game are Shaman, Harbinger, Riftblade and Nightblade. Druid is a nature melee. Void Knight is a magic tank.
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 01-11-2014 at 03:36 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

+ Reply to Thread