+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Newb] Which class to choose

Soulwalker

Default [Newb] Which class to choose

Hi Rift guys.
    I'm a former ex-WoW from vanilla to late wolk times, quit the game cus it wasn't the same anymore aka the one I loved.
    I've joined several other games now & then (GW1 GW2 Tera etc...) but couldn't find the ole raiding spirit.
    Heard of Rift since retail launch but I got work aggroed so I thought of just quitting mmorpg.
    Now I'm back to the genre. Asked around & ppl say I should play Rift.

To me for now, the game is quite similar to WoW (heavy - mail - leather - cloth armors!), I'm kinda stuck at the class selection screen so I come here to ask you guys 1st.

I want some old feelings so...are there any equivalent versions of WoW classes? Mainly these 3 choices (I've add description in case you don't play WoW)
    - resto shammy (huge AoE healer that require casting time to send a big-direct aoe heals as well as single target heals).
    - resto druid (arsenal of hot heals, single target hot & aoe hot).
    - enh shammy (melee dual weild with short range spells & utilities - buff, dispells, slow n kites)

Many thanks

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by nazgron View Post
    Hi Rift guys.
    I'm a former ex-WoW from vanilla to late wolk times, quit the game cus it wasn't the same anymore aka the one I loved.
    I've joined several other games now & then (GW1 GW2 Tera etc...) but couldn't find the ole raiding spirit.
    Heard of Rift since retail launch but I got work aggroed so I thought of just quitting mmorpg.

To me for now, the game is quite similar to WoW (heavy - mail - leather - cloth armors!), I'm kinda stuck at the class selection screen so I come here to ask you guys 1st.

I want some old feelings so...are there any equivalent versions of WoW classes? Mainly these 3 choices (I've add description in case you don't play WoW)
    - resto shammy (huge AoE healer that require casting time to send a big-direct aoe heals as well as single target heals).
    - enh shammy (melee dual weild with short range spells & utilities - buff, dispells, slow n kites)

Many thanks
    cleric 100%

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by nazgron View Post
    Hi Rift guys.

Many thanks
    shaman in wow and here are not even close, in wow you are beast in pvp but Shaman here sucks in pvp, pve version shaman is good.
    resto druid is like sentinel here, its good in pvp and pve.
    inquisitor is like ele shammy range caster dps.
    warden is aoe healer, defiler is good healer too(but you must pay for it)

+ Reply to Thread