+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Tempest: Seriously?

Soulwalker

Default Tempest: Seriously?

Okay so Im 60 in a warfront, and the following things happen in 4 seconds:

From stealth: stun, impale, thread of death, jagged edge, melee (this is 2 seconds or so) then warrior breaks free, turns and melts me with lightning ******** in the other 2 seconds, and then I check the combat log, and apparently he purged all of my bleeds on top of doing 20K+ damage in 2 seconds.

Is there a point to continue playing this game or does at some point tempest become fair? Perhaps at the 75% damage reduction from valor + every possible air resist available stacked?

A sin complaining about pvp imbalance and fairness lol

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by OldschoolDaoc View Post

From stealth: stun, impale, thread of death, jagged edge, melee (this is 2 seconds or so) then warrior breaks free, turns and melts me with lightning ******** in the other 2 seconds, and then I check the combat log, and apparently he purged all of my bleeds on top of doing 20K+ damage in 2 seconds.

Is there a point to continue playing this game or does at some point tempest become fair? Perhaps at the 75% damage reduction from valor + every possible air resist available stacked?

It does not get much better, no.

(and by that I mean balance in pvp)
    Last edited by The Crab; 01-05-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Crab View Post
    It does not get much better, no.

(and by that I mean balance in pvp)
    Yes. A tempest can basically one shot someone. The upside is they can only do it once every 15 seconds, and they have a cast bar.

First thing to do, determine what kind of tempest they are. If they're running the correct tempagon hybrid When you see Charged Pulse start channeling, slip away, wait for arc to wear off, and try to smash them. If it's a 61, wait for Wavelength, slip away, wait it out, smash it.

You can't tank their damage without a defiler, and shouldn't try to. Done correctly they can deal about 25k~ damage in 1 "hit" (It's actually 3-4 hits done at the same time by absuing a channel ability going off after allowing for a gcd to be consumed, as gcds start when the ability begins to cast.)
    Last edited by WhozDat; 01-05-2014 at 02:05 PM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

No it never gets better, only worse. Tempest can one shot someone every 15 seconds.

The excuse is ONLY every 15 seconds, every other class can't one shot someone... ever.... maybe pyro if its lucky with 2 min CD reset.

So yeah... welcome to rift pvp.. my advice - dont pvp this game is garbage when it come to pvp.

Rift Disciple

Can anyone reading this thread please link this tempest spec that does 20k+ damage in 2 seconds, and has a purge

Quote Originally Posted by spainiard View Post
    Can anyone reading this thread please link this tempest spec that does 20k+ damage in 2 seconds, and has a purge
    51 tempest rest para and rb. No purge, i think he meant break free.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sezex View Post
    51 tempest rest para and rb. No purge, i think he meant break free.
    Oh, so you can use break free to get rid of bleeds, thanks for the heads up.

Oh, so you can use break free to get rid of bleeds, thanks for the heads up.
    Apparently he thinks that it is what break free does. Yet point still stands, temp 15 sec lolmode.

Haha if a sin loses to a temp he should never play again. stun during charged pulse, slip away during second attempt stun on third attempt lol as they die from bleeds. and you have close to full health.

Rift Disciple

Alot in this game thinks the other class is overpowered, For a while as a warrior I thought this way to. But, for the most part I've come to grips with the fact when I lose, to any class its that I simply got out played, or my spec is not a good match for their spec. So that being said I fought a rouge in my all purpose spec and got destroyed. I came back and fight again with my best 1vs 1 spec and almost kill that same player that just owned me. Had I not let him out
    maneuver me I would have killed him.

I just want to add a major major factor, (yes I said it twice) is the fact that for a large majority of abilities you must face your opponent to Initiate. So IMHO getting behind your opponent and keep your opponents back is the single highest factor to determine a win or a loss that no one ever talks about.

Champion of Telara

Lol. An assassin rogue whining about pvp imbalance.

The level of pure bad by an assassin not killing a tempest is pathetic.
    Last edited by Sidvader; 01-06-2014 at 11:52 AM. Reason: L

Shadowlander

No it never gets better, only worse. Tempest can one shot someone every 15 seconds.

The excuse is ONLY every 15 seconds, every other class can't one shot someone... ever.... maybe pyro if its lucky with 2 min CD reset.

So yeah... welcome to rift pvp.. my advice - dont pvp this game is garbage when it come to pvp.
    IMO , we have to pvp at a point , we are "NORMAL" human being , wich mean at a point in our life we want to compete other people , wich mean PVP , now for the tempest case... I think trion fired a bullet in their own feet by making this game free because they have to find a way to make money , thus you have to pay (credits) for the SL classes , thats why tempest is so "DUMBLY" op , to attract people toward it (by paying). Rift is at its apogee , lets just wait for new WOW expansion or a new revolutionary MMORPG to hit the market

Rift Disciple

Alot in this game thinks the other class is overpowered, For a while as a warrior I thought this way to. But, for the most part I've come to grips with the fact when I lose, to any class its that I simply got out played, or my spec is not a good match for their spec. So that being said I fought a rouge in my all purpose spec and got destroyed. I came back and fight again with my best 1vs 1 spec and almost kill that same player that just owned me. Had I not let him out
    maneuver me I would have killed him.

I just want to add a major major factor, (yes I said it twice) is the fact that for a large majority of abilities you must face your opponent to Initiate. So IMHO getting behind your opponent and keep your opponents back is the single highest factor to determine a win or a loss that no one ever talks about.
    I wanted to edit this but couldn't. My point is damage avoidance whether its getting the oppents back for mellee vs melle or kiting a mellee with range or los range if mellee
    are huge factors in 1 vs 1.

Champion of Telara

And this is not true and a gross over exaggeration. You are a rogue complaining about pvp imbalance which is pathetically sad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast