+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What class should I be

Soulwalker

Default What class should I be

I'm new and so far I have a level 8 Ranger and I'm just wondering is it a good/fun class in the longrun so I won't waste my time?
    If not, what should I make

- I prefer ranged classes, more of a fun class instead of spamming a button or 2, and can do decent damage in PvP and solo/questing

Thanks guys

Telaran

Well rogue has ranger, marksman and saboteur that are ranged. All of em are fun in their own way, ranger for pve endgame and solo, marks for pvp, and sab for aoe. If you want more range options mage is the best bet, there is only 1 melee option.

Soulwalker

Anyone else

Well, if you want to talk in terms of viable ranged raiding choices...

rogue: 3 choices
    saboteur - only for aoe dps
    ranger - only for st dps
    marksman - never really used unless you need purgers or lots of target switching

mage: 2 choices
    pyromancer (warlock looks like it's making a comeback though)
    necromancer - never really used because pyro is better and guilds bring defilers, but it still does acceptable dps

cleric: 1 choice
    inquisitor (unless you want to count defiler)

warrior: 1 choice
    tempest
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 12-24-2013 at 08:11 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Soulwalker

So would Ranger be better overall for it being more fun, easier to level and in pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by Trillmatic View Post
    So would Ranger be better overall for it being more fun, easier to level and in pvp?
    I think cleric is the best simply because you don't have to feel the dependency you have with other classes..After I would say mage simply because not many would hate on you for not going heals in pvp.. rogues have inward hate toward warriors and vice versa because in the beginning the only way warriors could compete were to role on rogue gear.. this changed but for the most part the hate is still there.. Rogues hate on eachother all the time because most rogues won't learn to play more than one or two souls when the class demands you to play it entirely for the most part.. and many fail at kiting and using rogue properly which is a must.. also, too many rogues equal dozens fighting for the same raid slot..
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 12-25-2013 at 12:19 AM.

Soulwalker

Damn I never knew it was going to be difficult to play one

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    Well, if you want to talk in terms of viable ranged raiding choices...

rogue: 3 choices
    saboteur - only for aoe dps
    ranger - only for st dps
    marksman - never really used unless you need purgers or lots of target switching

mage: 2 choices
    pyromancer (warlock looks like it's making a comeback though)
    necromancer - never really used because pyro is better and guilds bring defilers, but it still does acceptable dps

cleric: 1 choice
    inquisitor (unless you want to count defiler)

warrior: 1 choice
    tempest
    Warlock is viable also, as is dom on aoe parts (mainly trash.) Marksmanship is only if you really really lack purges as the role does around 3-4k less dps than other ranged specs in the game (except ranger which is also behind every other ranged dps spec.) and sab isn't viable in any bossfights either edit: blade dancer is better on all cleave fights. so if you dont want to mention dominator you shouldnt mention sab either.
    Last edited by Sacria; 01-04-2014 at 07:51 AM.

Soulwalker

I like the Inquisitor. High single target DPS while being able to use chain armor. If you don't care about armor, then think about the Pyro

+ Reply to Thread