+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bards?

Default Bards?

i've never seen them in any game but it think in FF3 there's a bard job there all music and stuff tho rite, i read somewhere they use melee damage to but I'm not sure.

Bards are used for group buffing. They generally use insturments to play music which in return gives party buffs. Because there are multiple souls in Rift your bard could be melee or ranged just depends on how you want to build it.

You have the less clear question ever.. what do u want to know? if they use melee combat? yes.. FF3? bard are really commons in MMO.. u need to leave wow and explore a bit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's a fun MMO?
    What do you guys play?

There are many great mmo out there

-Vanguard
    -Eq2
    -eve
    -LORTO
    -AoC
    -FF11
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyroth View Post
    There are many great mmo out there

-Vanguard
    -Eq2
    -eve
    -LORTO
    -AoC
    -FF11
    Thanks i'll check some of them out.

Rift Disciple

I am kind of sad bards are not a starting class. Really can't wait till they release more info about them.

Champion of Telara Nightbringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matto8888 View Post
    i've never seen them in any game but it think in FF3 there's a bard job there all music and stuff tho rite, i read somewhere they use melee damage to but I'm not sure.
    They are a buffing class

The soul tree is listed further down if you want to see what is in it.

Quote Originally Posted by deflator View Post
    I am kind of sad bards are not a starting class. Really can't wait till they release more info about them.
    Yea im disapointed aswell. I was gonna do bard as initial soul and probably ranger as my secondary soul. But we shall see.

Everquest, EQ2, LoTRO

.... I'm not sure whether Matto is intentionally trolling, or if he is attempting to spam his post count thinking THAT is what will get him into Beta?

If he wants info, there hasn't been a single question he's asked that could not be answered by using the search function.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahrakis View Post
    .... I'm not sure whether Matto is intentionally trolling, or if he is attempting to spam his post count thinking THAT is what will get him into Beta?

If he wants info, there hasn't been a single question he's asked that could not be answered by using the search function.
    However the real trolls are those that post without adding anything useful to the conversation.

For examples of bards look toward Vangaurd, EverQuest2, Lord of the Rings (i think). Eq was a good example too, but I wouldnt use them as an example since i dont think that particular play style will ever be replicated. In those classic expressions of the Bard class they were indeed primarily Melee, though you were often capable of doing things more out of the box.

For Rifts the Bard is (currently) looking to be largely a support role. Doesnt look like they will be doing melee, instead they have a couple damage abilities and then lots of Buffs and other utility. It will be interesting to see how they play. They will likely not be able to solo very well, and if they do solo it will probably be some form of kiting.

I will definetly have a Bard setup in release - and i hope to find a good soul combo that works with the bard for solo/small group play too.

If you want to play a bard the EQ bard is the most fun class to play in any MMO, in fact I think it's largely the lack of any class similar that has kept me from enjoying any other MMORPG since EQ.

there are bards in Everquest like stated in the above post. It is indeed very fun to play but, you will need finger dexterity if you want to play it for simultaneously keeping 5 buffs up with 6 second duration :-p
    Last edited by Wuylith; 10-05-2010 at 01:55 PM.
    Come join world DOMINATION! Enlist in Lords of the Dead!
    <><><><>WWW.LOTD.ORG<><><><>

RIFT Fan Site Operator CastigarFalknor's Avatar

Greetings,

One thing I recall is from VG. When forming groups you would always prefer to adventure with a bard. You had your DPS, Tank, Healer, and would almost always prefer a bard to join the party. Their speed buffs and DoT's just make adventuring so much easier. Very handy and beneficial class to have. I am sure in Rift there will be the same thing. It just may not wear "bard" as a title.

Onward My Friends,
    ~Cast
    ~Castigar Falknor~

*Telaratorial : The Rift Socialite*
    Rift Gameplay/Tutorial Videos

>>www.Telaratorial.com<<

"Success...to Earn the Appreciation of Honest Critics"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast