+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 99999th noob looking for advice

Soulwalker

Default 99999th noob looking for advice

Hi. I'm new of this game, and of WoW-style games (I come from a long experience in Lineage 2, and since it's turning in WoW I asked myself; Why not to try a real wow-clone?), and I'm looking for some class advices.
    I usually play Melee "smack your face up" classes, and tanks ( if you ever played L2, Tyrant and Destroyer were my mains, along with Temple Knight and Paladin).
    I first tryed a cleric, just to get to know the game and start with something; at lvl 17 it sucks. No damage, no survivability, nothing. Both the seraphic guard and the arbiter.

So now I wanted to spec as a Warrior, but reading the forums, it looks like rogues are more "warrior-ish" than warriors.

So to cut it, there's what I would like from my main toon;
    The first role is the leveling- farm role; AoE grindfest, or so high single target dps to feel like an AoE slaughter (Like a Warlord or a Destroyer in L2).
    The second is the high pve dps to kill raids (like Hawkeyes or Destroyers or Necromancers in Curse Death Link in Lineage 2)
    Third is the 1v1 pvp role; I'd like chaining CCs(stuns, interrupts, snares, disarms etc.), Parrying/dodging/blocking, dps and tanking ability (like Gladiator, Tyrant , SoulHound or Berzerker in L2)
    and the last but not least the mass-pvp useful class which I don't know what should be, but in Lineage 2 the Hawkeye was beast, since it had high damage and veeeery long range attacks, you could 2 shot a mage from double his casting range.

I will mostly be a solo player, but with the right guild/group I'm also an happy supporter, so the 4th could be a full tank/healer/buffer, not also a DD.

So, could any of you help me in my quest?
    Thanks alot for reading all of this.
    P.s.: I know my english is not the best but I'm trying to improve it. Please do correct any mistakes that I made/I'll make.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadrek View Post
    So to cut it, there's what I would like from my main toon;
    The first role is the leveling- farm role; AoE grindfest, or so high single target dps to feel like an AoE slaughter (Like a Warlord or a Destroyer in L2).
    The second is the high pve dps to kill raids (like Hawkeyes or Destroyers or Necromancers in Curse Death Link in Lineage 2)
    Third is the 1v1 pvp role; I'd like chaining CCs(stuns, interrupts, snares, disarms etc.), Parrying/dodging/blocking, dps and tanking ability (like Gladiator, Tyrant , SoulHound or Berzerker in L2)
    and the last but not least the mass-pvp useful class which I don't know what should be, but in Lineage 2 the Hawkeye was beast, since it had high damage and veeeery long range attacks, you could 2 shot a mage from double his casting range.

I will mostly be a solo player, but with the right guild/group I'm also an happy supporter, so the 4th could be a full tank/healer/buffer, not also a DD.
    The first role is the leveling- Either a bd/rs or tact build will be what your looking for in an aoe grind spec. I liked BD better due to its better st dps and burst aoe but both work fine.

he second is the high pve dps to kill raids- rogues have it nice when it comes to raid specs. we have sin which is our high st dps spec, BD which can do decent st and great burst aoe and even though NB isn't really in the best spot atm it still handles burst dps great and can keep dpsing at range.

Third is the 1v1 pvp role- 1v1 sin has great cc and good burst along with slip away to return to stealth if the fight isnt going your way. NB is pretty strong 1v1 due to twilight tans. a very strong defensive cd along with its burst potential makes it very solid against most any class. Ranged you can go marksman and have long range high mobility and some great utility. Trion has got most of the damage normalized to a degree, outside of a few cd blocks, so 2 shotting anyone isnt going to happen to much.

4th could be a full tank/healer/buffer- Well no rogue healers till 3.0, rogue tanks have the best tank cd's in game and pair with large health pools make them more than viable. Bard is our support role and a must have for any 10-20 man group, great raid buffs small heals and ok dps if played right.

Soulwalker

I'm sorry if it sounded like I'm only interested in rogues;
    I'm interested in every class that could fill the roles.

You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
    “Why should I not hate mine enemies―if I "love" them does that not place me at their mercy?”
    ― Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

+ Reply to Thread