+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I am really hoping...

Default I am really hoping...

For a Archer class that does not have or rely on pets i would really just like an archer main class that isint some sort of beast master just more of a traditional archer class. What do you guys think?
    pumpy.jpg

Sounds like what you're describing is probably already in the game, under the name Marksman. We don't have a lot of information yet but from be brief tidbits and speculation so far it will be a ranged damage dealer that can use either bows or firearms to pick off opponents before they get into melee.

Also, as a general tip, you'll get more hits and replies from people if your titles inform them a bit more about your question. "I'm really hoping" could be about anything from classes to beta, asking "Archer without pet ideas?" or "Ranger question" may get you a better response.
    Last edited by Butr0sButr0s; 10-04-2010 at 12:25 PM.
    Behold the turtle of enormous girth, on his shell he holds the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Butr0sButr0s View Post
    Sounds like what you're describing is probably already in the game, under the name Marksman. We don't have a lot of information yet but from be brief tidbits and speculation so far it will be a ranged damage dealer that can use either bows or firearms to pick off opponents before they get into melee.

Also, as a general tip, you'll get more hits and replies from people if your titles inform them a bit more about your question. "I'm really hoping" could be about anything from classes to beta, asking "Archer without pet ideas?" or "Ranger question" may get you a better response.
    I didn't find any information on the Marksman class on the wiki or anywhere else i read thanks for the info. I have seen it mentioned once or twice reading through here but no mention of exactly what the class is or if it has pets.
    pumpy.jpg

Let me see what I can dig up : ) I'm getting ready to head back from work but I'll try to find the little bit of 'official' info I can on the marksman once I get home tonight.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that the rangers will be the ranged pet class while the marksman should be completely pet free. I'm not a big pet player either (strange considering I play a loremaster in Lord of the Rings Online), so my ears always perk up whenever I heard the marksmen mentioned. I'd expect the MM have a bit less survivability than a ranger but will likely have some increased damage skills to make up for it.

I also somewhat recall that the defiant marksman will be using firearms while the guardians will use bows, but I'd say there's about a 50% chance I'm making it up.

If you look at the Ranger Soul tree (pre-beta version) there are not many branches that are pet specific. I think the pet is going to be the equivalent DOT that you dont have to recast. Most of thier abilities benefit thier attacks not thier pets.

YEah me too man I like never liked it when archer have pets like in WoW hunter is the only class that I didn't play because of that but for example in AION archers are awesome!
    http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2009/341/5/7/Giotto_sig_by_aurionK.png

I did a little bit of digging and I was only able to get a small tidbit of official information for you. In this video with Russ Brown he goes over a custom class he makes at about 7 minutes in (saboteur, marksman, bard).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLA7L...ayer_embedded#!

Concerning the Marksman he says: "Our marksman is all about keeping range. He’s a ranged character that has speed buffs that make him run around faster". He also says, as putting points into marksman "and now its all about me doing tons of damage".
    Last edited by Butr0sButr0s; 10-05-2010 at 06:43 AM.

They will be fun in pvp i bet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

w w w . F A E L O R . c o m
    Administrator of Rift Seekers | [former] Guild Master of <Primal> | Administrator of Halcyon Affinity
    Rift Podcast | Rift Seekers is currently dormant for various reasons, thank you for understanding | Telerapedia

+ Reply to Thread