+ Reply to Thread

Thread: About Rogue (some help would be appreciated)

Soulwalker

Default About Rogue (some help would be appreciated)

Hello community.
    I have some questions about Rogue class. I am new to game (playing for about 1 week). I tried to search for some posts to help me out but it was kind of messy, so i decided to ask here:

1)A lot of instances drop daggers that are suppose to be for rogue, but they are really not. they give spell power, spell critical,intelligence etc... ive seen this so many times so i wanna ask you: can rogue really need these kind of daggers for any soul tree different from assassin? ( for example Nightstalker which has a lot of spell for his skills). And from that question we go.....

2)....Does the Nightstalker need daggers which give spell magic, spell critical, intelligence bonus for his damage??Or he needs just dexterity, attack power and critical?
    As far as im concern, rogues need attack power, dexterity, critical. So please correct me if im wrong because i dont know what to do.

3)which is the best weapons for assassin, daggers or swords? And for what purpose?pvp, pve...

please help me with those questions because im really very frustrated...

Quote Originally Posted by Ddarkkor View Post
    Hello community.
    I have some questions about Rogue class. I am new to game (playing for about 1 week). I tried to search for some posts to help me out but it was kind of messy, so i decided to ask here:

1)A lot of instances drop daggers that are suppose to be for rogue, but they are really not. they give spell power, spell critical,intelligence etc... ive seen this so many times so i wanna ask you: can rogue really need these kind of daggers for any soul tree different from assassin? ( for example Nightstalker which has a lot of spell for his skills). And from that question we go.....
    Rogues are not the only class that can use daggers. Those daggers are for casters, not you.

Do not use any gear that has spell power or other caster stats on it. They do nothing for you.

2)....Does the Nightstalker need daggers which give spell magic, spell critical, intelligence bonus for his damage??Or he needs just dexterity, attack power and critical?
    As far as im concern, rogues need attack power, dexterity, critical. So please correct me if im wrong because i dont know what to do.
    Attack power, dexterity, physical crit, and crit power. (Also, strength, although it's a pretty weak stat for rogues.)

3)which is the best weapons for assassin, daggers or swords? And for what purpose?pvp, pve...
    It does not matter what weapon type you use.

Soulwalker

And what would you recommend? Assassin?Nightstalker? or Bladedancer? i would like some damage and some survivability!

You can have up to twenty roles. Play all of them.

Each rogue DPS soul has a specialty, a situation where they excel.
    • Assassin - Highest single-target DPS of any rogue soul. Has no AoE at all.
    • Bladedancer - Good single-target DPS, and extremely high burst AoE. Poor sustained AoE, and suffers on disconnects.
    • Marksman - Has tons of utility and great mobility, making it extremely versatile (great for dungeons). However, it does the lowest DPS of any DPS soul in the game.
    • Nightblade - Good single-target DPS and good sustained AoE DPS, and has ranged attacks for disconnects. Isn't very good at target swaps.
    • Ranger - Highest single-target DPS of any of the ranged rogue souls (still lower DPS than Assassin). Has weak AoE and doesn't do all that well on target swaps.
    • Saboteur - Has the highest AoE DPS of any rogue soul. However, has lackluster single-target DPS and does very poorly on target swaps or moving enemies.

Soulwalker

what do u mean by saying: "disconnects"????

RIFT Guide Writer

what do u mean by saying: "disconnects"????
    Melee disconnect means the times when you are forced to be outside melee range while playing a melee build.

Soulwalker

ohh thanks!

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    It does not matter what weapon type you use.
    Quick quesion along the same lines it does not matter what type of weapon you use from a class/role basis, but does it later on later on (after level 50) it will when you start training planar attunement? i notice there's weapon specific damage boosts in some of the PA options.
    Asharak@zaviel: 60 Rogue
    Ashorath@zaviel: 60 Warrior
    Pinestone@zaviel: 60 Cleric

By default you can have several roles, you can purchase them from a class trainer. If you need a soloing guide you should be able to find one in the rogue guide section on the forums. On top of that you can have different roles for dungeons.

Ascendant

Yes those PA +AP boosts are weapon specific. If you find yourself with the luxury of choosing between multiple weapons of the same quality as a DPS then you may want to take how you've been spending PAs into account. Though the actual stats on the weapon is always more important.

Marksman dps is really the lowest of all ranged? I am shocked by this, my guys a lvl 56, pulling 200k plus damage and decent kb's in PVP, the sentinel turret attack is nice. (or are you meaning PVE)
    Hedshot - MM

Quote Originally Posted by Kilmer View Post
    Marksman dps is really the lowest of all ranged? I am shocked by this, my guys a lvl 56, pulling 200k plus damage and decent kb's in PVP, the sentinel turret attack is nice. (or are you meaning PVE)
    The scoreboard doesn't actually say anything about how strong a specific spec is. Sometimes the reason you get a ton of damage in is because you're largely ignored and are free to keep pelting people with arrows. In my pvp experience, however limited, marksmen are the last to get hit. Not that I'm saying marksman is a weak PvP spec or anything.

Yes, marksman is the weakest PvE dps spec
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 12-28-2013 at 09:28 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

+ Reply to Thread