+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What Soul combo would this class description be?

Soulwalker

Default What Soul combo would this class description be?

Taking the fantasy rpg class test, my girlfriend got the result Holy Sage with the following description:

You are the Holy Sage, the bane of evil! Masters of defense and healing magic, Holy Sages are the ultimate users of support spells and light magic. Wise and benevolent beyond belief, the Holy Sage can use swift light based offensive and defensive magic to destroy and defend against demonic and undead enemies. On top of their skill with light magic, Holy Sages are sometimes capable of using powerful and destructive elemental magic. While Holy Sages most often prefer to heal and not to fight, they are not opposed to defending themselves if attacked. However, most of the time they will simply use barriers to trap their foes physically and mentally in prisons of light. In fact, the greatest Holy Sages have such mastery over the light element that they can even create complex illusions to deceive and confuse their foes. With arguably the most powerful defensive and healing magic of all the classes, the Holy Sage is a truly powerful warrior of light.

I was wondering what combination of souls this would translate into in Rift a.k.a which souls play similarly.

Classes in Rift generally don't fit neatly into the RPG paradigms. This is because each class is capable of so many roles just by switching specs. For the Holy/Light magic/healing parts, that would definitely be a cleric, either Sentinel (healing), Inquisitor (damage) or Justicar (tanking). Don't try to combine these roles though. But mage (primarily Chloro) can fit this description as far as healing ability as well, just more "life" than "light". Mages have better control options in Dominator as well (but that is not as important generally outside of PvP).

As close as I'd say to that would be a healer (Mage or cleric either) with a soul offering good conrol and AOE spells to compliment the primary healing soul. Personally I'd do a mage Cloro, War or Elem, and Storm or Necro.

Ascendant

cleric. no contest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Definitely some god-awful inefficient Inquisitor/Sentinel hybrid (Cleric.)
    Nope.

Rift Disciple

I would think, Purifier, Sentinal, and Justicar

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Definitely some god-awful inefficient Inquisitor/Sentinel hybrid (Cleric.)
    this right here

+ Reply to Thread