+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another new player here

Soulwalker

Default Another new player here

Hello everybody,

I have a few questions about the game in general and about healing classes. I want a class that is needed in dungeons/raids, that I will have no problem finding a group. Right now I am deciding between cleric and mage chloromancer. I have leveled both to level 15 and I think I like the more "traditional" way of healing, not through damage. Also I dont know if ill get used to the whole plant theme of chloro and healing through damage.

1) I want a healer that is needed in dungeons, which souls do I choose?

2) Can a warden (aoe healer?) be good healer in dungeons?

3) To get into raids, do I need to join a guild, or is there random groups in map chat?

4) I also like idea of rogue bard as support for buffs, but how often are they needed in dungeons? archon mage is very cool too but again how often will i be needed (big competition?)

5) What other content is there to kill or heal? (apart from "rifts")

Thanks for your replies

Soulwalker

1, if you go for cleric you can chose Warden aoe healer, purifier shields, Sentinel good single target heal, defiler where you do some dmg and put links on your party members(still try to figure it out)

2, Yes

3, there are some ppl trying to pug the T1 raids, but they want you to have the achieve. So it might be a good idea to find a guild. There is always one that fits your times.

4, Bards aren't used that much in dungeons but there is always one in raids. You will often see pyrochons in dungeons because they have pretty good dps and can make your dps go up. You often use both in raid.

5, we have got 2x10 man T1 raids DH and TDQ. 2x20man T1 raids FT and EE. I haven't begun with tier 2 yet so haven' that much info from those.
    DRR, daily raid rift that drops per T1 Gear like T0.5 better then dungeon but worst than raid Gear.
    PvP have got some random bgs
    Zone events

Hope this might help a little bit and Welcome to Rift!

Quote Originally Posted by Zayela View Post
    1) I want a healer that is needed in dungeons, which souls do I choose?

2) Can a warden (aoe healer?) be good healer in dungeons?

3) To get into raids, do I need to join a guild, or is there random groups in map chat?

4) I also like idea of rogue bard as support for buffs, but how often are they needed in dungeons? archon mage is very cool too but again how often will i be needed (big competition?)

5) What other content is there to kill or heal? (apart from "rifts")
    1) Sentinel is the best of the cleric soul for healing dungeons. The others can do it as well, but you generally need to overgear the dungeon to varying extents, since they're specialized for other things-- for instance, Wardens aren't very good at handling tank damage and Purifiers have trouble with sustained AoE damage.

2) If you overgear them, yes, but Sentinel will still be better at it. Warden mainly shines in raids, where it can actually focus on its specialization: AoE healing.

3) There are pick-up groups that you can join, although they won't be able to kill the harder bosses. You'll need to join a guild if you're interested in doing the most challenging encounters.

4) Support is not used in dungeons.

5) Chronicles (solo/2-man instances), Instant Adventures (randomly generated open-world quests), Great Hunt Rifts, Strongholds, raid rifts, 10-man raids, 20-man raids, PvP, and dungeons.

Also, to elaborate a bit on the difference between mages and clerics: the cleric souls are more specialized. For instance, Warden can only really AoE heal, and Purifier can only really tank heal. Chloromancers can do both by switching which veil they have active, but they can't do burst healing anywhere near as well as the more specialized cleric specs.

Mages also provide significantly higher DPS than cleric healers, particularly due to Wild Growth. This means that on encounters where you don't need the heavy burst healing that clerics can provide, mages are a great choice.

They're balanced out by their strengths and weaknesses, and both of them are perfectly valid choices that see use in dungeons and raids.

Soulwalker

Thanks guys,
    I will try out Sentinel then

+ Reply to Thread