+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can someone help me with a simple question?

Shadowlander

Default Can someone help me with a simple question?

Before I ask my question, let me preface it with a tiny bit of background information.

When I play mmos, what makes the game fun for me (this is going to sound lame) is seeing the damage meter during a dungeon or raid with my name at the top of it. Doing dps is what I like to do in these games and I actually take a bit of pride in being able to be the best I can be and the best in the group when it comes to performing that role. I don't know why that is, but it's just what I enjoy with mmorps. So what I am wondering is, which class has the top damage? I used to play this game a few years back and I have a level 50 cleric, warrior, mage, and rogue, so if I was looking to top the damage charts, which one should I choose?

Now, I'm not worried about how complex a class/soul is because after a bit of practice I can usually master the mechanics after hitting the target dummy for a while and then doing dungeons. Also, I don't dislike any way any of the base classes play. That is to say I don't mind rogue combo points, warrior combo points, mage energy management, or cleric play.

So, if I want to play that class will top the damage charts when fighting bosses (it would also help if it also had a good aoe dps soul that I can use during trash) which one should I go with?
    Last edited by Krainor; 12-11-2013 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krainor View Post
    Before I ask my question, let me preface it with a tiny bit of background information.

When I play mmos, what makes the game fun for me (this is going to sound lame) is seeing the damage meter during a dungeon or raid with my name at the top of it. Doing dps is what I like to do in these games and I actually take a bit of pride in being able to be the best I can be and the best in the group when it comes to performing that role. I don't know why that is, but it's just what I enjoy with mmorps. So what I am wondering is, which class has the top damage? I used to play this game a few years back and I have a level 50 cleric, warrior, mage, and rogue, so if I was looking to top the damage charts, which one should I choose?

Now, I'm not worried about how complex a class/soul is because after a bit of practice I can usually master the mechanics after hitting the target dummy for a while and then doing dungeons. Also, I don't dislike any way any of the base classes play. That is to say I don't mind rogue combo points, warrior combo points, mage energy management, or cleric play.

So, if I want to play that class will top the damage charts when fighting bosses (it would also help if it also had a good aoe dps soul that I can use during trash) which one should I go with?
    Not every fight is tank and spank so some classes would excel at different fights. For someone who's into MMO's you should know this and I feel you're trolling. Either way, go Rogue.
    Pls respond

Quote Originally Posted by ShayolGhul88 View Post
    Not every fight is tank and spank so some classes would excel at different fights. For someone who's into MMO's you should know this and I feel you're trolling. Either way, go Rogue.
    ^^
    There is no one-size-fits-all class due to differences in boss mechanics etc. Sometimes there are, but class rebalancing happens all the time, and it shifts. Depends on who you are grouped with too, easier to top the charts as a more hardcore player in a more casual guild. Harder to top the charts when everyone you run with is just like you.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

Shadowlander

Well, I'm not a troll it was something I am genuinely curious about. I understand how in mmos some fights will favor ranged specs and some will favor melee and others will favor aoe specs. I get all that, but I am wondering in general which would be the top boss killer.

Shayol mentioned I should go rogue, and is that because it has strong ranged and melee souls so if a fight requires one type of dmg the rogue can easily switch? Is the melee dps of warrior higher than rogue melee and ranged dps in general but fails to reach the top because of disconnects? What about mage? Does it have the highest ranged dps but since there are fights where you'd do better as melee it is better to just ignore the mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Krainor View Post
    Well, I'm not a troll it was something I am genuinely curious about. I understand how in mmos some fights will favor ranged specs and some will favor melee and others will favor aoe specs. I get all that, but I am wondering in general which would be the top boss killer.

Shayol mentioned I should go rogue, and is that because it has strong ranged and melee souls so if a fight requires one type of dmg the rogue can easily switch? Is the melee dps of warrior higher than rogue melee and ranged dps in general but fails to reach the top because of disconnects? What about mage? Does it have the highest ranged dps but since there are fights where you'd do better as melee it is better to just ignore the
    mage?
    From one month to the next, some classes get bumped to the top. I suggested Rogue, since far as I can remember they have always been useful. I play a warrior main, have mage/rogue/cleric alt at 60 and I enjoy my Rogue. I understand the Rogue Dev is a good guy and Rogues have been steady for a while. Just my opinion though, don't roll and send h8 mail a month from now LOL
    Last edited by ShayolGhul88; 12-11-2013 at 09:05 AM.
    Pls respond

Quote Originally Posted by ShayolGhul88 View Post
    From one month to the next, some classes get bumped to the top.
    This.

The differences are minor, and which class is the best at any given scenario will change as the class designers roll out improvements to underperforming souls.

Pick the playstyle you enjoy most, instead of chasing a flavor of the month that will probably change by the time you reach level 60.

+ Reply to Thread