+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftblade/ Champion/ ??????

Default Riftblade/ Champion/ ??????

I am currently using a RB/ CMP/ PG but I want to use a 2 hander not dual wield, and I will also be on a pvp server and do a mix of pvp/ pve. I was thinking dropping paragon and adding Void Knight for some defense against mage/ cleric spells, does that make sense? I am not sure if the VK sould does indeed provide some def against these other class types.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel230 View Post
    I am currently using a RB/ CMP/ PG but I want to use a 2 hander not dual wield, and I will also be on a pvp server and do a mix of pvp/ pve. I was thinking dropping paragon and adding Void Knight for some defense against mage/ cleric spells, does that make sense? I am not sure if the VK sould does indeed provide some def against these other class types.
    If you want 2h, ditch riftblade.

My 2h camp facerolls in pvp, he is champion/warlord/voidknight. Ill explain why.

Champion offers gread DD on its own, the bullcharge skill must be specced for the root, and is your faceroll skill in pvp. You will hop from caster to caster with ease using bullcharge.

Warlord offers aura buffs/debuffs and great survivability, since you alread have good DD from champion soul. I use the attack point generating debuff attack in my rotation, its a great addition and the passives compliment champion nice.

Voidknight is used to add magic resist. Swap out a champion attack point generating skill for the pact stacking skill when you go caster hopping in pvp. The mana eating ability isnt a factor, possibly for long magic using raid bosses, but it doesnt eat mana like you would think. You use this soul for the magic resists, and the ability to stack damage building pacts against casters, which stacks if they attack you with magic too.

Reaver would be another option, it offer a ranged attack, and some DOT inflicting attack point skills that compliment champion, however i find champ to be all the DD i need.

Either way just stay away from the sheild+one had based souls, and the dual weilding souls, you just dont need them as a champion.

And have fun facerolling the few mages left.
    Last edited by Crunchyblack; 01-28-2011 at 03:45 PM.

The Set-up I have running currently is Rift/Champ/Beast Master.

I don't know that I'll keep it, honestly, but I thought I'd play around with the ability to have a second helping hand, and someone to take some damage for me.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by LilyHaze View Post
    The Set-up I have running currently is Rift/Champ/Beast Master.

I don't know that I'll keep it, honestly, but I thought I'd play around with the ability to have a second helping hand, and someone to take some damage for me.
    All i am suggesting is that you swap riftblade out. You will get more out of other souls not meant to compliment dual weilding is all. Yes riftblade does have some usefull passive, and a few attack if i can remember, however champion offers bullcharge and enough attacks imo.

I strongly suggest you swap riftblade for voidknight for pvp, you will not be dissapointed.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchyblack View Post
    All i am suggesting is that you swap riftblade out. You will get more out of other souls not meant to compliment dual weilding is all. Yes riftblade does have some usefull passive, and a few attack if i can remember, however champion offers bullcharge and enough attacks imo.

I strongly suggest you swap riftblade for voidknight for pvp, you will not be dissapointed.
    Go with a reaver. you have the potental to drop 3-4 Dots on your target and self heal yourself. Rotating DOTs can be deadly

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by arrgy View Post
    Go with a reaver. you have the potental to drop 3-4 Dots on your target and self heal yourself. Rotating DOTs can be deadly
    Im fine with my champ the way he is, hes already too close to godmode in the game. Not so thrilling to do so much damage with little chance of death, but i guess thats just me. I really hope things settle down in this aspect toward endgame.

But yeah reaver does add a double doese of dd to champion. I still sugges adding voidknight, really sticks it to those casters.

I liked the RB because he got a few ranged attacks you can use on the run, there pretty potent too, enough to chip away at a runner or knock someone off a mount, it also gets Riftwalk, whioch teleports you to a target and stuns them for 2 sec as well as breaking you out of all snares and stuns. It does have a 45 sec cooldown though...

plus alot of the RB damage is elemental which bypasses armor

I've got Warlord as my third.

Rift/Champ/Warlord

I chose warlord since it's got buffs/debuffs that I can just turn on and forget about.
    Last edited by Faolon; 01-28-2011 at 06:42 PM.

I like Paragon. for 2 points you get a 12 sec, 30% damage boost for 3 points. I also like Riftblade for the ranges combo builder than does decent damage. I ended up putting 4 in RB and 6 in paragon. +5% crit chance is nifty with Stormblade running.

Yeah I want to try RB/ CMP/ VK, and I want to try CMP/ Reaver/ VK I plan to be on a PvP server so I need a viable build for both

Soulwalker

I had a level 19 ch/rb/vk in the last beta and loved it. Did very well in pvp so I rolled another yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchyblack View Post
    Im fine with my champ the way he is, hes already too close to godmode in the game. Not so thrilling to do so much damage with little chance of death, but i guess thats just me. I really hope things settle down in this aspect toward endgame.

But yeah reaver does add a double doese of dd to champion. I still sugges adding voidknight, really sticks it to those casters.
    Are we playing the same game ?!?

Oh wait, this thread has been started a month ago, before the warrior nerfs. Yep, totally contains good and up to date info.

Mods, please delete this before even more ppl necro it, like dr.phil here.
    Last edited by Chomag; 02-25-2011 at 04:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread