+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What would like a Demonic druid be like?

Default What would like a Demonic druid be like?

abominations and demon transformation?

Maybe posts like this worked on the wow forums but these forums require a bit of thought into your suggestions. Why are you motivated to write about something. Your reasons for posting this and some information and background.

Very few posts you make are going to be answered with one or two word posts.
    Meat Shield of Recursion

Well, in D&D, evil druids (fallen druids, technically) are known as "blighters" (which makes all us Brits laugh) which corrupt and drain nature instead of encouraging it to grow. I'd guess they'd transform into "nastier" animals (spiders, snakes etc) instead of the "good" animals.

Other than that, I'm not sure.

Why did you ask?

I don't want this to sound negative in any way but what you are suggesting is a bit redundant.

What you have said falls more under the Necro calling then anything. Who says the necro can only call the dead back from the grave. These things you suggest are creatures that are offten associated with death.

They are a good idea, However I would just add them to the necro calling. Instead of making a hole new soul.

Nemesis

Thanks just wondering, Just thought it would be pretty cool.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Autarch View Post
    Well, in D&D, evil druids (fallen druids, technically) are known as "blighters" (which makes all us Brits laugh) which corrupt and drain nature instead of encouraging it to grow. I'd guess they'd transform into "nastier" animals (spiders, snakes etc) instead of the "good" animals.

Other than that, I'm not sure.

Why did you ask?
    Because having your face bitten off by a bear/wolf/tiguer is more "good" than getting envenomated/stung by a spider/snake/scorpion? I really would like to know what logic leads to this kind of distinction. Animals are neither bad nor good, those are human definitions and assignations and in D&D they emphasize this difference by making Druids Neutral. Though I personally think their categorization is still deficient since they distinguish between animals and vermin which is ridiculous because any animal can become a vermin the only requirement to do so is to affect humans in a negative way.

What you describe sounds a lot like a WoW warlock. I'm all for people having they're favorites represented in a game. But I am really hoping they have nothing close to that in this game. I'm tired of WoW and looking for something fresh. For one there aren't really any "demons" in this game. Just elemental manifestations from one of six planes. While some might look like demons though, like some of the fire plane creature looked rather demonic. But i would think this sort of thing, summoning and controlling creatures from various planes, is covered in other classes. like i believe it's pyromancer's 51 point root ablility is to summon a swarm of fire elementals to do their bidding. I envision this to be something like a horde of imps running around biting ankles and setting robes on fire.

TLDR: I don't think they're going to have exactly what you want, but will likely have some sort of variation that will make you happy.

+ Reply to Thread