+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kadeth

Thread: Solo build for mage

Soulwalker

Default Solo build for mage

Hi there

Im complety new to rift played some others mmo's back in the days but have come to start this game with a friend,

ive started a mage and really like it, the only thing is i find it hard to solo stuff, im the more casual player and dont raid that much more doing a few dungeons and thats it, as if right now im Elementalist with a few points spend in Necromancy, but i still find it hard to solo hard quest and stuff,

any1 have experience with a solo build for mage? i dont care if a need a pet or not, does not matter, i just like doing things myself, and still be able to pack a punch.

so im looking for a build with good dps and good survivability who can solo group quest and such.

Soulwalker

Harbinger/Chloro. You can probably find half a dozen guides for it in the Mage Guides section.

Ascendant

TheGrinnz Harb/Chloro build works fine.

You didn't say what level you were, so presuming you are near 50 or so.

It really varies based on what you want to do. Personally I run a Chloromancer build for questing, and while I admit it does take some time to kill things, I'm dropping enemies 5-6 levels higher then me, and my healing completely negates the damage they deal to me. I completed a Zone Event in Shimmersand at level 42, and the boss was level 49. was quite fun, and I had a fair number of people ask me how I managed to survive it.

Soulwalker

Ive looked at the Harbinger but i cant play it yet since im just a free to play player, and i wont invest money in the game unless it catches me.. but normally i just wanna do some ranged dmg combined with healing or not dosent matter as long as it has survivability and good dps

Soulwalker

I'm at level 58. I started out leveling as a Dominator I believe, but now I use elementalist almost exclusively for pve.

Here is my final build for solo pve http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zcNbixcc...oikdqrddzvxp0h

3/3 epidemic in necro tree really speeds things up later as your pet starts to crit a ton.

Good luck.

Soulwalker

Try this spec and guide....I have found it extremely fun and capable for soloing as a mage and gives you lots of pet options depending on the situation. once you get the proc for Crystalline Missiles from Epidemic in the necro tree the soul starts to become easy...

http://forums.doyouevenrift.com/view...php?f=24&t=538

Cheers
    Baldassar

Chloro/Harb, Necro, or Elementalist can all solo content fairly easily. Chloro/Harb is the go to spec for harder content if Necro and Elementalist isn't getting the job done.

Without SL souls, I like a necromancer heavy build for soloing on a mage. A 51 Necro does well.

You have a tank pet that can hold agro on 2-3 at a time. You have great DOT and, you have soul purge, which at medium to high levels heals you a little and your pet a lot while doing medium to high damage to the enemy.

Toss in Dominator just to get transmogrify, so you can stall the spares your pet can't hold for you.

Not the fastest kills or highest DPS but, played right, you solo and rarely die. (Haven't died since about level 25 at all) Yes you can solo elites in the SL regions easily, just have to be patient while you kill them, it does take a bit of time.

+ Reply to Thread