+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What other classes should they have? or skills?

Default What other classes should they have? or skills?

i cant think of any but maybe you could ?

Soulwalker

I would be interested in some type of Monk Class. I am not sure if that is planned by looking at the names of class types already out as none of them sounded like the typical Monk class in other games.

MonK class should be interesting and a scythe class probably death themed would be awesome since scythe is my favorite fantasy weapon.
    http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2009/341/5/7/Giotto_sig_by_aurionK.png

Soulwalker

Aye a monk style class would be a nice addition.

Interesting

Monks and Bards have always been poorly represented in MMO's. I would love to see either classes!

Quote Originally Posted by Sever View Post
    Monks and Bards have always been poorly represented in MMO's. I would love to see either classes!
    Bards are in. rogue class.

I saw. I haven't seen too much information regarding the class though!

And I saw

Telaran

I would think an Arcane warrior style character would be interesting. Always enjoy playing mage/warrior hybrids. The mage/warrior isn't often done, but its usually quite a terrific class to play.

A shaman style healer would be fun, again, mixing up class x with mages, so in this case a cleric/mage. This mix already exists for rogues and looks like something I am down for playing (nightblade).

And i second the whole, monk class thing. Also, monk/pet user hybrids are fun too (Think of beastmasters or w/e from EQ). Monks, however, require a larger investment of design time than other classes, because they are not simply able to just use the armor that has been created for other classes (ie,versus creating another plate using class). What I mean by this is not simply stats, but also creating new design themes of items for the monk, as monks wouldn't look very monkish in mage or cleric cloths. Nevertheless, if it is done, monks are very fun to play. I played a monk in EQ for years before WoW, and it was a great class.

Implementation of the monk class in a game like this would be tricky, however, and I am not sure if it would be better suited as a spinoff of clerics, rogues, or warriors, or even its own base calling because you can work on them with a lot of options. Monks in the fantasy world allow for a ton of design space, though, and it would be interesting to see how something like this could be used.

Hybrid skills. literaly combine some of the abilitys from the same calling but require having points in multiple souls. making them stronger than normal. based on which soul you have as a primary.
    Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made himů.. A super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthfox View Post

A shaman style healer would be fun, again, mixing up class x with mages, so in this case a cleric/mage.
    Here are your clerics... see number 7 There was mention on the Inquisitor page of doing more damage and being less heal-oriented.. So Dps builds may be possible. Also Chlormancer in the mage tree is a healing mage.
    Cleric

1. Cabalist
    2. Druid
    3. Purifier
    4. Inquisitor
    5. Justicar
    6. Sentinel
    7. Shaman
    8. Warden

Soulwalker

I for one would love to see a monk class in here as well.. I have played both the EQ monk and teh VG monk i would liek to see how Rifts would handle the monk class..

Ascendant

Inescapable Judgement

Aion Templar skill where it pulls a foe to them. Actually makes tanking fun.

monk 4sure, wouldn't mind seeing a summoner of some sort... not your typical necromancer or elementalist but 1 that actually summons demons or A demon
    We cannot truly face life until we face the fact that it will be taken away from us. Billy Graham

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast