+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Enus
  • 1 Post By Credo

Thread: Warrior or Rogue?

Soulwalker

Default Warrior or Rogue?

I know this has been posted before, and this is a repost myself. My other one had over 100 views but no one replied, so I'm gonna try my hand here.

If i played a warrior, I will be a tank or dps in pve. And I will play paragon in pvp. I hear that warriors can pull more dps than rogues?

If i play a rogue i'll find myself switching between sin/nb and marksman.

It's like comparing apples to oranges, but I do like both but i want the most Dps available to me.

Both are versatile in the fact that I only want to dps or tank. I like the charge and root, stun, in your face style of the warrior. And I do like the tactical marksman, stealthing and picking targets.

I just don't know which to choose for endgame pve and pvp.

As you noted yourself, tanking and DPS can be had with both. Furthermore though, you mentioned ranged, well as of Storm Legion you can viably play Warrior as a ranged DPS, so that might complicate your choice a bit. It's a matter of preference and flavor really.

There is the idea that with Bard/Tactician you have some interesting support options for advanced level content though, it's always nice to have that option in the future. Supposedly though, Warrior will be getting some kind of healing soul in 3.0, but I'm not 100% of when the expansion will hit. :3

Come have a look at Underlight Chamber (RP) Faeblight, my sprawling Wizard's Tower!

Cleric. Best class with pve\pvp balance ingame. U play anything outside cleric u playing rift wrong. I know I do. Gimme payed class change option! QQ
    Last edited by Sezex; 11-19-2013 at 07:33 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by RivenDusk View Post
    As you noted yourself, tanking and DPS can be had with both. Furthermore though, you mentioned ranged, well as of Storm Legion you can viably play Warrior as a ranged DPS, so that might complicate your choice a bit. It's a matter of preference and flavor really.

There is the idea that with Bard/Tactician you have some interesting support options for advanced level content though, it's always nice to have that option in the future. Supposedly though, Warrior will be getting some kind of healing soul in 3.0, but I'm not 100% of when the expansion will hit. :3
    In the end it will have to boil down to my opinion. So I just wanted to feel out others opinions. So I'll go and try a warrior out. In the end u can always have two, it's just I'd like a main character because it's what my time frame would allow. I'm looking for fun in pvp but at the same time I don't want to be third rate

Quote Originally Posted by Sezex View Post
    Cleric. Best class with pve\pvp balance ingame. U play anything outside cleric u playing rift wrong. I know I do. Gimme payed class change option! QQ
    I'd say the same thing, but for Mage. However that's not what the OP is asking about. Their interested in both Rogue and Warrior, but are at a crossroads on which to devote their attentions to.

Come have a look at Underlight Chamber (RP) Faeblight, my sprawling Wizard's Tower!

Quote Originally Posted by Enus View Post
    In the end it will have to boil down to my opinion. So I just wanted to feel out others opinions. So I'll go and try a warrior out. In the end u can always have two, it's just I'd like a main character because it's what my time frame would allow. I'm looking for fun in pvp but at the same time I don't want to be third rate
    I don't really like melee in this game... well, Harbinger is alright.. but given my preferences I prefer Rogue as they have more ranged DPS options than Warrior does. Both are pretty neat though, and have some really neat souls. Your mileage may vary.

If you devote the time and thought into your character, and love what you do, you won't be third rate, regardless of class.

At this point of the game it honestly doesn't matter as much, decide for yourself: more strong melee souls, more strong ranged souls, blinktank or pulltank, strong utility ranged pvp, strong burst ranged pvp, decent dps melee support or always used ranged support, ranged aoe or melee aoe, play which of the 2 you want honestly, the only difference is do you wanna have to build 3 or 5 attackpoints.

Both are perfectly viable and valid classes, enjoy or play both.

Quote Originally Posted by RivenDusk View Post
    Supposedly though, Warrior will be getting some kind of healing soul in 3.0, but I'm not 100% of when the expansion will hit. :3
    both warrior and rogue will be getting healing options. as for when 3.0 will hit, it will probably be mid-late spring of 2014
    everything is inextricably inter-twingled
    ~Phillip Bertoni 1949-2011

Leveling is easy in this game so you can always have both!
    Even free cost too much now

Soulwalker

Thanks for all the replys. I'm going to start a warrior and feel him out. I think i might stick with my rogue for the versatility but i don't fancy much healing. Life steal and general draining is my kind of thing =] Thanks for the help everyone.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Leveling is easy in this game so you can always have both!

In other words ,you can always have 2 scrubby 60 chars.

Quote Originally Posted by timmytoolshed View Post
    In other words ,you can always have 2 scrubby 60 chars.
    I detect bitterness? Shall we commence in hugging it out?
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Enus View Post
    I know this has been posted before, and this is a repost myself. My other one had over 100 views but no one replied, so I'm gonna try my hand here.

If i played a warrior, I will be a tank or dps in pve. And I will play paragon in pvp. I hear that warriors can pull more dps than rogues?

If i play a rogue i'll find myself switching between sin/nb and marksman.

It's like comparing apples to oranges, but I do like both but i want the most Dps available to me.

Both are versatile in the fact that I only want to dps or tank. I like the charge and root, stun, in your face style of the warrior. And I do like the tactical marksman, stealthing and picking targets.

I just don't know which to choose for endgame pve and pvp.
    This is Rift; do both! Yes, that means you split your time spent on each character, but sometimes I'm in the mood to play a rogue, and sometimes I'm in the mood to play a warrior. The game is pretty alt-friendly.

Soulwalker

i have played rogue to 60 through pvp and am now playing a warrior to 60. Both as melee because tbh there is just way to many ranged classes in this game.

At first i thought the rogue was pretty good at melee until i started my paragon warrior which can easily do so much more eg. more tank/dps/ccs/shields etc...the melee rogue is made redundant by warriors.

and whats the deal with the bought classes such as tempest and tacticion. these classes need to be nerfed to hell but i understand trion need to have options for all the scrubby players out there.

+ Reply to Thread