+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Enus
  • 1 Post By Credo

Thread: Warrior or Rogue?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default Warrior or Rogue?

    I know this has been posted before, and this is a repost myself. My other one had over 100 views but no one replied, so I'm gonna try my hand here.

    If i played a warrior, I will be a tank or dps in pve. And I will play paragon in pvp. I hear that warriors can pull more dps than rogues?

    If i play a rogue i'll find myself switching between sin/nb and marksman.

    It's like comparing apples to oranges, but I do like both but i want the most Dps available to me.

    Both are versatile in the fact that I only want to dps or tank. I like the charge and root, stun, in your face style of the warrior. And I do like the tactical marksman, stealthing and picking targets.

    I just don't know which to choose for endgame pve and pvp.

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara RivenDusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Norcal
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    As you noted yourself, tanking and DPS can be had with both. Furthermore though, you mentioned ranged, well as of Storm Legion you can viably play Warrior as a ranged DPS, so that might complicate your choice a bit. It's a matter of preference and flavor really.

    There is the idea that with Bard/Tactician you have some interesting support options for advanced level content though, it's always nice to have that option in the future. Supposedly though, Warrior will be getting some kind of healing soul in 3.0, but I'm not 100% of when the expansion will hit. :3

    Come have a look at Underlight Chamber (RP) Faeblight, my sprawling Wizard's Tower!

  3. #3
    Rift Master Sezex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Cleric. Best class with pve\pvp balance ingame. U play anything outside cleric u playing rift wrong. I know I do. Gimme payed class change option! QQ
    Last edited by Sezex; 11-19-2013 at 07:33 AM.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RivenDusk View Post
    As you noted yourself, tanking and DPS can be had with both. Furthermore though, you mentioned ranged, well as of Storm Legion you can viably play Warrior as a ranged DPS, so that might complicate your choice a bit. It's a matter of preference and flavor really.

    There is the idea that with Bard/Tactician you have some interesting support options for advanced level content though, it's always nice to have that option in the future. Supposedly though, Warrior will be getting some kind of healing soul in 3.0, but I'm not 100% of when the expansion will hit. :3
    In the end it will have to boil down to my opinion. So I just wanted to feel out others opinions. So I'll go and try a warrior out. In the end u can always have two, it's just I'd like a main character because it's what my time frame would allow. I'm looking for fun in pvp but at the same time I don't want to be third rate

  5. #5
    Champion of Telara RivenDusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Norcal
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sezex View Post
    Cleric. Best class with pve\pvp balance ingame. U play anything outside cleric u playing rift wrong. I know I do. Gimme payed class change option! QQ
    I'd say the same thing, but for Mage. However that's not what the OP is asking about. Their interested in both Rogue and Warrior, but are at a crossroads on which to devote their attentions to.

    Come have a look at Underlight Chamber (RP) Faeblight, my sprawling Wizard's Tower!

  6. #6
    Champion of Telara RivenDusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Norcal
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enus View Post
    In the end it will have to boil down to my opinion. So I just wanted to feel out others opinions. So I'll go and try a warrior out. In the end u can always have two, it's just I'd like a main character because it's what my time frame would allow. I'm looking for fun in pvp but at the same time I don't want to be third rate
    I don't really like melee in this game... well, Harbinger is alright.. but given my preferences I prefer Rogue as they have more ranged DPS options than Warrior does. Both are pretty neat though, and have some really neat souls. Your mileage may vary.

    If you devote the time and thought into your character, and love what you do, you won't be third rate, regardless of class.

    Come have a look at Underlight Chamber (RP) Faeblight, my sprawling Wizard's Tower!

  7. #7
    Rift Master Godgrinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    632

    Default

    At this point of the game it honestly doesn't matter as much, decide for yourself: more strong melee souls, more strong ranged souls, blinktank or pulltank, strong utility ranged pvp, strong burst ranged pvp, decent dps melee support or always used ranged support, ranged aoe or melee aoe, play which of the 2 you want honestly, the only difference is do you wanna have to build 3 or 5 attackpoints.

    Both are perfectly viable and valid classes, enjoy or play both.

  8. #8
    Rift Master krabcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RivenDusk View Post
    Supposedly though, Warrior will be getting some kind of healing soul in 3.0, but I'm not 100% of when the expansion will hit. :3
    both warrior and rogue will be getting healing options. as for when 3.0 will hit, it will probably be mid-late spring of 2014
    everything is inextricably inter-twingled
    ~Phillip Bertoni 1949-2011

  9. #9
    Ascendant Credo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,172

    Default

    Leveling is easy in this game so you can always have both!
    Even free cost too much now

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Thanks for all the replys. I'm going to start a warrior and feel him out. I think i might stick with my rogue for the versatility but i don't fancy much healing. Life steal and general draining is my kind of thing =] Thanks for the help everyone.

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Leveling is easy in this game so you can always have both!

    In other words ,you can always have 2 scrubby 60 chars.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Credo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timmytoolshed View Post
    In other words ,you can always have 2 scrubby 60 chars.
    I detect bitterness? Shall we commence in hugging it out?
    Even free cost too much now

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser Drel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enus View Post
    I know this has been posted before, and this is a repost myself. My other one had over 100 views but no one replied, so I'm gonna try my hand here.

    If i played a warrior, I will be a tank or dps in pve. And I will play paragon in pvp. I hear that warriors can pull more dps than rogues?

    If i play a rogue i'll find myself switching between sin/nb and marksman.

    It's like comparing apples to oranges, but I do like both but i want the most Dps available to me.

    Both are versatile in the fact that I only want to dps or tank. I like the charge and root, stun, in your face style of the warrior. And I do like the tactical marksman, stealthing and picking targets.

    I just don't know which to choose for endgame pve and pvp.
    This is Rift; do both! Yes, that means you split your time spent on each character, but sometimes I'm in the mood to play a rogue, and sometimes I'm in the mood to play a warrior. The game is pretty alt-friendly.

  14. #14
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    6

    Default

    i have played rogue to 60 through pvp and am now playing a warrior to 60. Both as melee because tbh there is just way to many ranged classes in this game.

    At first i thought the rogue was pretty good at melee until i started my paragon warrior which can easily do so much more eg. more tank/dps/ccs/shields etc...the melee rogue is made redundant by warriors.

    and whats the deal with the bought classes such as tempest and tacticion. these classes need to be nerfed to hell but i understand trion need to have options for all the scrubby players out there.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts