+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What do you think about an out-of-calling soul?

Default What do you think about an out-of-calling souls?

The idea is to avard players for some great feats, like slaying some of the strongest pve bosses or making some great pvp ahievements or discovering hidden spots/items/events in the world, with souls that do not belong to any particular archetype. You just though - what a crazy idea, dont you?

Dont worry, im not trying to invent the new class system or remake the game balance The souls im thinking about are non-combat ones, they are for fun and status. For example if you defeat a high-lvl raid boss from the plane of Life you will receive the "mushroom soul". Upon equipping that soul you will transform into the mushroom and get skills like "pinky-disco spore cloud" or "hallucinogenic infestation" which makes targeted player to see small mushrooms dancing around him.
    Such souls may be very different in nature(elementals, dragons, spirits of the drunk pirates, trolls, angry housewifes, heroes of the past, whatewer else) and may have lot's of funny features. So what do you think of that idea?
    Last edited by Nekomimimode; 10-02-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Russ Brown has said in a couple interviews that he wants to add some novelty souls such as Jesters and the like. Is that what you're talking about? If so, they're on the to-do list, it seems, though who knows if they'll make it in at launch. Lemme find the interview for ya!

Edit: Here you go! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=885bS...eature=related
    He talks about it starting at 5:45.
    Last edited by Selene; 10-02-2010 at 03:15 PM.

Yeah, they used to talk about those novelty souls a lot but have been quiet on them for a while. I never quite understood how far they wanted to take them but now I'm not even sure if they'll have them at all. Would be cool to know if they are still planned.

Most successful mmo's have 'fluff', just take a look at warcraft. It's currently nearing the end of brewfest, players get a chance to win a mount of the opposite faction, titles etc.

I see non-combat souls as being in the same vein, I'll lay odds there will be souls pertaining to halloween, christmas, valentines day, easter and more. They may well introduce some souls that transform your character into sinister monsters, vampires, werewolves etc. Imagination is the limit here!

I can just imagine a Christmas Evil St.Nick soul that throws gift boxes to build combo points. When he has accumulated 5 combo points he has a variety of finishers like "You wanted a bike?! HERE'S YOUR DAMNED BIKE!!!" or for girls there is "You wanted a Pony?!?! HERE'S YOUR DAMNED PONY!!!!!" he could also throw debuffs like "Stocking full of coal" and "You've been naughty".

It would be interesting if they did have souls that everybody can get and use. Since you would have to give up one of your three soul slots to use it though, they should be more than just fluff. It could be things like adding charisma that lets you sell for more, or "an one with nature soul" that gives you the ability to not be kos to animals and ride faster on a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Elth View Post
    I can just imagine a Christmas Evil St.Nick soul that throws gift boxes to build combo points. When he has accumulated 5 combo points he has a variety of finishers like "You wanted a bike?! HERE'S YOUR DAMNED BIKE!!!" or for girls there is "You wanted a Pony?!?! HERE'S YOUR DAMNED PONY!!!!!" he could also throw debuffs like "Stocking full of coal" and "You've been naughty".
    This wins in every category possible.

To the OP, I feel that you are:

A.) An adolescent who wishes to try such hallucinogenic substances,

or

B.) An adolescent who has tried it once, yet misunderstood the purpose of such a substance because you are too immature to understand the purpose of said substances.

No offense, but;

A.) Grow up,

or

B.) Reword your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    To the OP
    When ppl have nothing else to say they start to offend the others. I guess that shows the difference in age and maturuty well enough in itself.
    And just for a general reference - in the Aion there was a spell that transformed players into the shrooms, so i guess that Aion developers are also were an immature kids with loads of LCD under they pillows? Sigh, internet does never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Edit: Here you go! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=885bS...eature=related
    He talks about it starting at 5:45.
    Well, he said that he wants to do that kind of souls, but wanting to do something and actually making it - are two different things. I just hope that they will not forget to add some fun/novelty souls into the game before relese. We shall ask Abigale in the next q.-a. session about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverthorn View Post
    Most successful mmo's have 'fluff', just take a look at warcraft. It's currently nearing the end of brewfest, players get a chance to win a mount of the opposite faction, titles etc.

I see non-combat souls as being in the same vein, I'll lay odds there will be souls pertaining to halloween, christmas, valentines day, easter and more. They may well introduce some souls that transform your character into sinister monsters, vampires, werewolves etc. Imagination is the limit here!
    this ! would love to see.. and all of those souls cold have minor abilities just for fun ... thats what i like about wow holiday events .. they are a bit grindy but i like them at the end its all just for fun.. not much pvp or pve .. just for fun.. love it !

i imagine vampire skills ... (could bit ur opponent and turn them in to vampire ... ( u would need to suck blood to stay alive and so on CHange appearance and as u said... IMAGINATION IS the limit here !

+ Reply to Thread