+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Class with best speed boosts for node farming/survial

Soulwalker

Default Class with best speed boosts for node farming/survial

Looking at making an alt for farming nodes, can do it on my main just fine... but not a pure gatherer so looking at making an alt (since it seems some recipes need mats I can't get... for dimensional items and such)

So I'll be running around on foot most of the time to nodes/mobs (for cloth/butcher) and was wondering which classes get the better boosts for the foot travel and which seems to be the better farming type

In my experience, it's a lot easier to farm nodes when you have a tank pet. Don't even have to bother trying to not hit the mobs, because they go straight to the pet anyway. After you gather the node, mount up (since nothing's hitting you) and run away.

Druid is very effective for this; Ranger and Elementalist seem less effective. I don't know that I've tried with Beastmaster. With BM, if you do end up having to kill things, it's slower than the other options.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mortvnet View Post
    Looking at making an alt for farming nodes, can do it on my main just fine... but not a pure gatherer so looking at making an alt (since it seems some recipes need mats I can't get... for dimensional items and such)

So I'll be running around on foot most of the time to nodes/mobs (for cloth/butcher) and was wondering which classes get the better boosts for the foot travel and which seems to be the better farming type
    Fastest for getting about... probably a riftstalker/bard hybrid. Anthem of competence is a constant 15% speed increase then you have riftstalker with teleports which give a 4 sec speed boost after every port as long as they are 10 sec apart.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Mortvnet View Post

Warrior riftblade would be my first choice. Rift Walk and Rift Travel move you very quickly from one mob to another and their cooldown resets when you use attack abilities so they are always available. On top of that you can even pick up an ogcd pull with 8 second cd from warlord.

Also remember to choose elf or bahmi for the racial leap.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Warrior riftblade would be my first choice. Rift Walk and Rift Travel move you very quickly from one mob to another and their cooldown resets when you use attack abilities so they are always available. On top of that you can even pick up an ogcd pull with 8 second cd from warlord.

Also remember to choose elf or bahmi for the racial leap.
    In Addition, the Riftblade spec comes with a 16% speed boost from avatar of the wind. It's not the Avatar buff you would normally use for dpsing but its the most effective if all you are doing is running around. You can always buff yourself with the dpsing one if you need to kill something.

61 warlord/riftblade is also very good for this purpose since it comes with the avatar of the wind buff and has excellent survivability when fighting mobs one at a time and even 2-3 (based on gear like everything else).

Warriors also have the best soloing specs by far. Allowing you to pull as many mobs as your gear allows (for butchering and cloth) and coming out with full health at the end and its only going to get better in the next patch with the changes to warrior.

Rift Master

Are the nodes that close that mounting up in between is less desirable? Even a healing pet will have the same effect. It attracts aggro like crazy allowing you to farm, when you mount up it goes passive, the mobs have a leash range, rinse and repeat.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Guidinglite View Post
    Are the nodes that close that mounting up in between is less desirable? Even a healing pet will have the same effect. It attracts aggro like crazy allowing you to farm, when you mount up it goes passive, the mobs have a leash range, rinse and repeat.

Whilst your information is accurate you missed the part where he mentions butchering and cloth farming. Granted, any class can farm fairly well, but the warrior seems to me to be the most reliable AoE farmer. My recommendation to the poster is to make his main character the farmer regardless of class because you will spend a lot of time on it and as previously mentioned, any of the classes can do it fairly well.

On of the things I like having is a feign death type ability. That way if I don't want to fight a bunch of mobs I can just run through them and get to the node, then feign death and they all go away. Then I pop up and farm the node. I know the tempest has that ability but I don't think they have much for movement bonuses.

Weird no 1 mentioned Mages. Harb has an 8% passive movement buff that affects mounted speed (for all i know, its the only movement buff in the game that actually affects it). Definitely Harb will be my number 1 choice. Most of farming u end up mounting and running from 1 node to another. Might as well have 8% on ur mount

On top of that, u get 2 stuns, 2 charges, stealth and a backwards leap. You can go hours farming without having to kill a single mob.
    Last edited by DaCommando; 11-17-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    Fastest for getting about... probably a riftstalker/bard hybrid. Anthem of competence is a constant 15% speed increase then you have riftstalker with teleports which give a 4 sec speed boost after every port as long as they are 10 sec apart.
    I have such a character and indeed the combo I use is Assassin/Bard/Riftstalker.

The stealth power of the Assassin is formidable, and you can actually negate the stealth speed penalty by focusing on run speed buffs. Notably, Rifstalker teleports and the racial run speed buffs of Mathosians and Eth do not break stealth.

This is basically the core: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#vgGd/y9IGnMw/t8g
    You can go deeper into Assassin for Slip Away or into Rifstalker for Stalker Phase as you prefer. For zipping around doing harvesting nodes and artifact collecting it's superb. It's not going to be bad for cloth/leather farmable mobs, either.

+ Reply to Thread