+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Warriors vs Rogues

Soulwalker

Default Warriors vs Rogues

Good evening everyone. I have a question. Which class is better for raids, PvP, and soloing content Warriors or Rogues?
    Last edited by KageKirito; 10-22-2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Messed up the title

Telaran

PvP: Rouges by a long shot
    Soloing: if you have tactician rouges otherwise pretty similar(warrior has better aoe farming)
    Raid: tanking goes to warriors and dps/support rouges(though they are both useful and powerful)

Quote Originally Posted by heartoftheforce View Post
    Raid: tanking goes to warriors and dps/support rouges
    Neither of these things are true.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Neither of these things are true.
    I didnt say either was bad i said which i prefer(in a raid setting), I prefer bard if i can only have one support because you can cut an aoe healer sometimes, and i prefer warrior tanks over rogue tanks on most bosses(rouge tanks can save themselves but that isn't quite as sexy as a life's rapture to save a raid:P)

Soulwalker

I have all the SL souls. Which in your opinion would you most likely have in your raids a warrior or rogue. I did read some forum threads that said rogues isn't that good in raids as dps because Sin needs to position behind the boss which most of the time is impossible. My rogue is 47 and I would totally be sad if by the time I want to raid I can't raid because everyone wants a warrior as a dps just doesn't want a rogue.

I didnt say either was bad i said which i prefer(in a raid setting)
    Actually, with the way the question and answer were worded, you were saying which was better, not which you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKirito View Post
    I have all the SL souls. Which in your opinion would you most likely have in your raids a warrior or rogue. I did read some forum threads that said rogues isn't that good in raids as dps because Sin needs to position behind the boss which most of the time is impossible. My rogue is 47 and I would totally be sad if by the time I want to raid I can't raid because everyone wants a warrior as a dps just doesn't want a rogue.
    This only matters when you're doing bleeding edge progression, and even then guilds use DPS rogues on every single encounter. Rogues do have some issues, but people over exaggerate them quite a bit. And it's not like warriors are without problems of their own, either.
    Last edited by Muspel; 10-23-2013 at 05:41 AM.

Ascendant

Good evening everyone. I have a question. Which class is better for raids, PvP, and soloing content Warriors or Rogues?
    PvP... rogue owns.

PvE melee dps, warrior has an edge.

PvE ranged dps, ranger demolishes tempest.

Tank, warrior has more specialized spec, rogue tank is just as good in its own flavor.

AoE farming/Soloing: Warrior.

PvP: Rouges by a long shot
    Soloing: if you have tactician rouges otherwise pretty similar(warrior has better aoe farming)
    Raid: tanking goes to warriors and dps/support rouges(though they are both useful and powerful)
    Your raid analysis is completely wrong. Support is Archons/Bards, tanking is mostly anyone that is not a warrior. DPS between the two is comparable enough that it doesn't matter (though Rogues do get a decent ranged spec, where as warriors is subpar.)

Oh. And PVP goes to rogues.
    Marksman is crazy, and so is Riftstalker/(I think?)Nightblade.
    Last edited by Rusken; 10-23-2013 at 06:16 AM.
    I used to be good at this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    tanking is mostly anyone that is not a warrior.
    I really don't know where all of this misinformation comes from.

The tanks are extraordinarily well balanced. All of them are not merely viable options, but competitive ones.
    Last edited by Muspel; 10-23-2013 at 07:45 AM.

Soulwalker

Thank you everyone for your opinions. I will take my rogue to 60 then on my free time I will start leveling a warrior.

Soulwalker

Thanks again for your inputs sad to say I won't be leveling a warrior. Guild needs and also want a Cleric tank more than another warrior tank

Soulwalker

I don't understand where all this hate towards warrior tanks comes from....

You guys must be raiding with some pretty terrible warrior tanks. As a warrior tank you need to understand where the damage comes from in boss fights. If you're playing as a pally tank where the majority of the damage is magic, pally tank will more than likely die without a great healer. Pally is great for Physical mitigation, Void Knight for magic.

All 3 tank classes are viable in raid situations...

Plane Walker

Rogues across the board. Game isn't exactly balanced.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Brumak View Post
    I don't understand where all this hate towards warrior tanks comes from....

You guys must be raiding with some pretty terrible warrior tanks. As a warrior tank you need to understand where the damage comes from in boss fights. If you're playing as a pally tank where the majority of the damage is magic, pally tank will more than likely die without a great healer. Pally is great for Physical mitigation, Void Knight for magic.

All 3 tank classes are viable in raid situations...
    Probably LFG people watching warriors that tank in nothing but paladin getting one shot by certain bosses.

I see it happen way too often.

Shadowlander

all forgot to say that warriors deal more dmg then rogues... in pvp rogues take much much more dmg then warriors. so rogues dye prity fast. with my warrior i killing rogue and mage in same time if they are not rly skilled. yes rogue deal top dps as mm becouse he is ranged and can spam skills with no geting dmg if he dont show up as good target... assasin or riftblade are good in pvp of assasin cc, and riftblade some range skills, but if ewen u make warrior to 50% hp then u cc him, u are not win, becouse rogue take much more dmg then warrior. if u like out combat dps play rogue, stealth and kill low hp ppl from stealth or just pick up lower then u , or play powerful warrior who going rly good, and afther this pach they going much beter..=)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast