+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WarUltima

Thread: Shaman Vs Para (Raid/Dungeon setting)

Soulwalker

Default Shaman Vs Para (Raid/Dungeon setting)

Hey, I'm looking between these two for a main spec, can somebody give me a run down of the pros/cons?

I hear Para suffers more on disconnects, and It looks like Shaman can have -significantly- more survivability, but I'm looking for confirmation/more information.

Thanks.

Ascendant

Shaman handles disconnects very poorly; paragon has good options.

Soulwalker

Hail Ahov!

And hrm, interesting.

It's worth noting that Shaman has much, MUCH stronger AoE than Paragon. This is very helpful on some encounters.
    Last edited by Muspel; 10-21-2013 at 02:16 PM.

Soulwalker

Thanks. I think I'm going with Shaman, I can't seem to justify Para over it.

Soulwalker

Actually, Grr, no, IDK. I need more info.

I'm confused why you're talking about a single soul for a main spec. If you're planning to raid, you're going to be expected most of the souls that your class has access to (possibly all of them).

Soulwalker

I was under the impression that people weren't always expected to know the entire docket.

Quote Originally Posted by Talfryn View Post
    I was under the impression that people weren't always expected to know the entire docket.
    The less souls and roles you know, the less useful you are to the raid. Pretty much the only role you are not expected to at least consider is tanking, because of the different gear set requirement. Of course every guild is different.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 10-21-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Soulwalker

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification, I guess I won't be sticking with Rift than.

If you're seriously just considering dpsing and that's it go with warrior. There's never enough warriors in a guild for 20 man content and they basically do two things: dps and tank. Of course you will be expected to learn champion too
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Ascendant

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification, I guess I won't be sticking with Rift than.
    There will be better options out there for people like you. Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Shadowlander

So you can't spare the effort to learn several specs and as a result decide to quit? Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by KaneTW View Post
    So you can't spare the effort to learn several specs and as a result decide to quit? Good riddance.
    It's an understandable mindset coming from other games. What he should pay attention to is that you don't need all of these specs to level up, you should only worry about learning raiding specs once you are level 60 because most of them are completely different while leveling. So while it can seem overwhelming it really isn't, a good few hours with a spec is enough to be useful in a raid for most people, as long as you follow the proper advice.

RIFT Guide Writer

There's different levels of guilds with different expectations. If you're not worried about hardcore or even semi hardcore raiding you could probably get away with a couple of specs.

As a cleric you would also need inquisi to deal with ranged fight, as warrior you would also need RB to deal with lotsa disconnect and possibly tempest as well. Some mechanics are built around the flexibility.

But you're missing a major element of the game by doing that. I've used 5 different specs in a single dungeon before on my cleric alt (heals, tank, AoE DPS, ST dps, ranged DPS). An extreme example, you can easily do a dungeon run in only 1 spec, most of the time even when being silly most you will use is 3. But it makes it damn fun.
    Last edited by ewarwoo; 10-23-2013 at 02:21 PM.
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

+ Reply to Thread