+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Most skill intensive build (Raid setting)

Soulwalker

Default Most skill intensive build (Raid setting)

I want to raid and I want a challenge, what's the hardest/most skill intensive build currently?

Thanks.

It is kind of a vague question, because builds can be harder for different people for different reasons. But in my opinion, Beastmaster or Pyro

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Pyro
    What makes pyro skill intensive?

Telaran

I'd say shaman for dps, a well played shaman is one of the highest dps specs in the game though it is melee so you cant viably use it on all bosses.

And warden for healing, just because there are some encounters where everything is reliant on you not messing up a single cooldown or timing

(my main is a cleric so I wouldn't try recommend other classes' viability/difficulty)

Quote Originally Posted by Talfryn View Post
    What makes pyro skill intensive?
    It is not so much as it once was (also not as RNG as it once was), but as with all mage specs, charge management combined with dots and proc management.

I would have to say

pyro for most buttons needed for a rotation

bd for the most punished if you mess up (both with rotation and disconnects)
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    It is not so much as it once was (also not as RNG as it once was), but as with all mage specs, charge management combined with dots and proc management.
    Pyro's DPS goes to **** if you miscount and use a Fireball too early.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Talfryn View Post
    I want to raid and I want a challenge, what's the hardest/most skill intensive build currently?

Thanks.
    Pyromancers harder to use down to the fact, the raw mechanics can actually mess your own rotation up, Also u have to time fireball every 3seconds while Listing off its short CDs on a prority list to the situation, its a 43button Rotation, having to spam fillers inbetween while using CDs in the correct orders..Taking too long to think of the new skill will lower ur DPS, and pressing the wrong skill will lower your DPS Pyromancer isnt a easily played soul by far

Assassins have a difficulty level to them: very Positional Requiring, Requires good rotations and knowledge of the soul, it has 0 AoE so nothing to pad your own DPS with its just raw ST and how you use it.

Bladedancer, If u mess up ur DPS will litterally hit below prolly a supports tbh, U have to time each dance correctly to the situation and theres multiple rotations used during your dances, their rotation is about 90seconds Long each time, Suffers major Disconnect function but its alot of fun

Beasmaster takes alot of management specially being a melee support, keeping CDs going for the group while maintaining DoTs on the target, being melee increases the amount of things u gfotta keep aware of.

Rangers arnt the hardest, but they arnt any 2 key spammers either your still handling Debuffs/DoTs which none of their Duration timers fit together properly meaning u have to count each second individually, but i think as its been Previously noted, they are on about the Hardness Inquisitor and Paragon are on, they arnt the easymode soul by far though, u can defintly tell the difference between a good one and one just playing it.

Inquisitor+DW, this Soul has its hard point mostly in usage of DW due to travel time, it still has quite a few DoTs to maintain during the process, but like the ranger its not the hardest, but does hold its Minmax difficulty capability with it, but alot of the inquisitor is pretty easy in comparison, DW really is what adds most of the complexity to the build, but does give u 500 DPS Extra if u can nail it.

None others really come to mind though, but i suspose this is majority opinon based.
    Last edited by Ethinu; 10-19-2013 at 03:37 AM.

Plane Touched

sin is very hard to learn and it can be really tough to play well especially in encounters where you want to keep multiple mobs bleeding e.g. progentitor and kain (blood thieves)

blade dancer is only hard in terms of knowing the pace of the fight and trying to choose the right dance you're going to be stuck in for the next 24s, aside from that it's just practice. if the boss disconnects any significant amount you're never going to get good dps with it so it's not even a concern you just have to use a different spec.

I dont find ranger especially hard maybe because I have a lot of practice but I'm not aware of any other spec where the dps is as lag-sensitive since it depends a ton on how many cp you can safely get into your four buffed twin shots over 15s. and shadow fire (only st ability that gives 2cp) has a cooldown of 20s to seemingly deliberately make it jump around in the 30s cycle thanks for that trion.

+ Reply to Thread