+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A few questions

Soulwalker

Default A few questions

I wasn't sure where to post this, as it has a few class and a profession question or two so here goes. I just started a few days ago, been browsing the forums and these came to my mind.

Are the support classes viable in raids and dungeons, I believe bards are but is using druid and other souls as support acceptable?

I've poking around for leveling and soloing builds, both druid and harbinger seem like a good bet but is there a shaman guide close to the druid one that breaks down what other souls and where to put points in?

Comparatively at max level(not amazingly geared) which souls can solo the most things without wanting to throw my mouse across the room. I like to solo things as a challenge but not so much where it seems impossible to do. I've enjoyed doing things like this since the days of Everquest so this is sort of important for what I make the plunge and level first as I have horrible altaholism.

And last but not least, a non class question on professions: I like things that'll benefit me and make a little money on the side. I can't afford getting more than 3 right now so I'm open to suggestions.

Okay I lied, one more thing besides the shop is there an easy way to get bigger bags? I've been messing around and I can see these 4 slotters early on trying to do some crafting may be an issue.

Telaran

Bags can be crafted or bought on the auction house.
    Best professions I think are runecrafting and the three gathering ones. If you want to make money sell crafting materials.

Druid with healing fairy is a viable dungeon support, defiler is much more of a raid support soul.

The Druidmancar build is the best thing I have found so far for solo play at lvl 60 search the forums for this guide.
    Last edited by Saryad; 10-16-2013 at 12:08 AM.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the answers, if mage had a tank soul(I know thats coming in the future) I believe it'd may have the egde but both classes have what I want. But so far druid has been fun and soon enough I'll buy some more roles so I can learn them.

Quote Originally Posted by Epros View Post
    Thanks for the answers, if mage had a tank soul(I know thats coming in the future) I believe it'd may have the egde but both classes have what I want. But so far druid has been fun and soon enough I'll buy some more roles so I can learn them.

if you have access to the SL souls then mage has the best solo-ing build in the game (Harb/Chloro) Druid is still good at solo'ing though, just not the best.

mages also have archon as a support soul.

Clerics don't have a support soul yet. Druid healing fairy gives some heals but it's not a true support (still listed as DPS) and most raids will not let you use the healing fairy in a raid, since a druid is supposed to be DPS'ing. Defiler is pretty close to support but is still considered a hybrid DPS/Healing soul, its needed in raids just for the 30% link (link bot) but not always since mages necromancer gets a 30% link as well.

The only support souls currently in-game are Archon, Bard, and Beastmaster

Soulwalker

So I've played both to late teens, I'm not sure if its me being overconfident or because of the pet, druids seem much more resilient early on I'm guessing that changes eventually. Strictly soloing some of the harder stuff(chronicles and the like) does the healing/absorption of the Harbringer/Chloro make up for the pet and heavier armor(not sure if that part matters).

On another note, how is Chloro healing in early instances? The two types of healing I prefer are that and absorption healing rather than straight up heals, though I have enjoyed HoT healing on occasion.

+ Reply to Thread