+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why do we convert to raid in five man dungeons?

Shadowlander

Default Why do we convert to raid in five man dungeons?

I'm kind of curious about this one. I've tanked for years, and before I started doing it in Rift, I read a couple guides beforehand, and they all said to press 'Y' and convert to raid for our healers. So, I do it whenever I use the dungeon finder.

I like it because it makes it easy to see who's got threat. But I can manage without it. All the guides say that converting to raid makes it easier for healers, but a lot of the pug healers I run with kind of ***** about it a lot, so much in fact that it has begun to get annoying. One particular jerk actually ditched a group I was tanking mid-pull over it.

So, why do we convert to raid? I just read up on how to change my personal U/I to use raid bars, so I'm probably not even going to do it anymore. Is there a point to it?
    Last edited by Jester; 10-14-2013 at 02:39 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

It allows you to re-order the party. Tank should always be at the top followed by healer then everyone else.

Consistency makes life easier.

Also, why not? If people prefer it does it hurt?
    Last edited by ewarwoo; 10-03-2013 at 06:27 PM.
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

Soulwalker

As a healer, I find it kind of annoying. (Not to the point that I'd complain about it, though.) I'm a chloro, and I use CBH for mouseover heals so that I don't have to stop dealing damage in order to target party members. I rely on the buff bar underneath the player portraits to see what debuffs, and how many stacks, are on players so I can prioritize cleanses and heals. When I have to guess it makes my job harder.

Incidentally, the order of party members in CBH is set when the party forms, and doesn't change when the raid is reordered. Personally, I'd rather have my heal boxes line up with the group portraits/buffs, regardless of which role team members are playing. At least for chloro, the tank is never hard to find, he's the only one with my Synthesis buff showing. And I usually don't heal unless I'm sober enough to remember that I'm the healer...

A lot of people have Party Frames disabled because they take up a lot more space than Raid Frames showing you irrelevant things like people's faces or what level they are.

Raid Frames are more compact and the players are closer together for easier mouseover healing as well.
    Nope.

People do understand that you can set Party Frames to display as Raid Frames without actually converting the group to a raid right? It's right there in the settings...

settings/interface/display/use raidframes in party <- know that **** by heart for whenever a new healer goes can you convert to raid please?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssa View Post
    Incidentally, the order of party members in CBH is set when the party forms, and doesn't change when the raid is reordered.
    CBH should re-order with 100% accuracy when you move people around, I use it daily, and in every raid we always move people around to simplify things. Have you updated it recently?
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

Ascendant

Just do it so your OCD healers don't get lost and heal the wrong person. Also, you can't give out raid assist in a party.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    A lot of people have Party Frames disabled because they take up a lot more space than Raid Frames showing you irrelevant things like people's faces or what level they are.

Raid Frames are more compact and the players are closer together for easier mouseover healing as well.
    People still use those default awful default in-game frames?

guh...

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by takadox View Post
    People do understand that you can set Party Frames to display as Raid Frames without actually converting the group to a raid right? It's right there in the settings...
    That doesn't allow you to re-order party members or give assist....

Just convert, its not hard, what's the big deal.....

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by ewarwoo View Post
    That doesn't allow you to re-order party members or give assist....

Just convert, its not hard, what's the big deal.....
    Order makes no difference. One red border is just like another, same with green bars. Raid frames have been in settings for quite some time now. I never understood the spaz-tastic, "OMG press Y."

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Guidinglite View Post
    I never understood the spaz-tastic, "OMG press Y."
    I'm a tank or DPS, I never heal, so it makes no difference to me. However I still don't understand the spaz-taztic "OMG why should I press 2 buttons to make your life easier".

And order does make a difference to healers.

Rift Master

More like order makes a difference for you. As a healer, a green bar is a green bar is a green bar. I've never cared one way or the other, whether I'm tanking, healing or mashing my face against the keyboard. Help yourself and change it in your settings.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Guidinglite View Post
    More like order makes a difference for you. As a healer, a green bar is a green bar is a green bar. I've never cared one way or the other, whether I'm tanking, healing or mashing my face against the keyboard. Help yourself and change it in your settings.
    It makes no difference for me, I just know I've had many healers who like to have the raid frames set out with the tank at the top, followed by healer, followed by everyone else. So I automatically set that way as soon as I get in a dungeon.

If DPS die big whoop, healer and tank need to be kept alive as first priority so their frames should be next to each other.

Also helps the order of cleansebot macro's.

Takes a few seconds, a very simple courtesy.

Say "hey all" and re-arranged before they have a chance to reply. Hardly rocket surgery.

In fact it takes less time than whining that they should set it in their settings and listen to them explain they prefer it this way for the ability to re-order.

Rift Master

I think we're saying the same thing to some extent. We can probably both agree it is a matter of personal choice. Have fun and see you out there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast