Closed Thread

Thread: Your offensive caster cleric build.

Soulwalker

Default Your offensive caster cleric build.

Rather than just the healbot or melee cleric builds I want to hear how players are utilizing more offensive type souls/ builds. For example, I use inquisitor and sentinel right now. Inquisitor for dps/burst and cc and sentinel for grp healing, more cc, and more burst dmg. Might throw Templar in there but still working my way through various ideas first. Also, I'll post my build and more info later since I'm on my touch right now.

A few questions:
    What's your build? What role(s) are you trying to fill? (group support, cc bot, pure dps etc)
    What's your method/strategies? Why, if you feel like being more I'm depth.
    And how well do you accomplish your intended role? What are your high/low points?

Feel free to be as detailed as you wish. I personally like getting into the nitty gritty of this stuff.

Soulwalker

I too am playing around with Inquisitor/Sentinel. It feels fairly strong from both a healing and damage point of view. Coming from a disc priest in WoW, I really enjoy offensive casting healers.

One soul that stands out to me for a 3rd is the Justicar. Both Sentinel and Inquisitor spells are life based, and should generate conviction charges from the Justicar's cavailer ability. If it does (I have not tested), with 12 points into the Justicar tree we can get some nice free(ish) abilities that cost conviction.

Doctrine of Bliss - self heal, Doctrine of Loyalty - ae heal, and Precept of Purpose - mana returned on melee hit, all seem useful. As well as reparation/salvation, which sounds like a free 10% ae heal for life damage done.

Rough build example

The concerns I have with such a build is not having enough healing power, but we shall see.

Soulwalker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00Gdr.m.y0kh.Vz

Would this be a decent low lvl build ?

Right now I am playing shammy / justicar / sentinel. Figured i'd try something new

edit: or
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00jdr.f0z.y0kh.Vz
    Last edited by fuzzysliperz; 01-27-2011 at 07:36 PM.

I feel like I am all over the place, trying to figure out where I want to put my points. Truth be told, we won't know for sure until we see beyond level 30, but right now I am really digging on the Inquisitor primary with Cabalist supporting. My problem is what to take for the third soul.

Right now, I am working with this in mind: Inquisitor/Cabalist/Warden

I am really torn on whether or not to do that or go full on with Inquisitor with this build because it seems that the 51 point ability, Nasyr's Rebuke, is ten tons of kick-*** (the stun concerns me for non-pvp uses, though).

Right now, I am taking the approach to Inquisitoring as blasting out fast Bolts of Judgment along with Sanction Heretic, using the Life and Death Concord (talent?) to proc instant cast Bolts of Depravity, and making sure they hit for as much as I can - while ticking dots down the line. For AoE purposes, Soul Drain is freaking spectacular, and adding it on to Shadow's Touch and Bound Fate from Cabalist is rocking pretty hard, giving me good filler until I can Soul Harvest again.

Long story short, loving Inquisitor builds, but not sure how deeply invested I want to be.

Shadowlander

right now im working on a DPS Cabalist.
    The obliterate/decay combo is huge. I was out dpsing most everyone else 2-3 higher than me in pvp.

Telaran

For PvP I'll likely end up with something like Inq/Tem/Pur. Decent balance of raw damage, and support.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnen View Post
    I too am playing around with Inquisitor/Sentinel. It feels fairly strong from both a healing and damage point of view. Coming from a disc priest in WoW, I really enjoy offensive casting healers.

One soul that stands out to me for a 3rd is the Justicar. Both Sentinel and Inquisitor spells are life based, and should generate conviction charges from the Justicar's cavailer ability. If it does (I have not tested), with 12 points into the Justicar tree we can get some nice free(ish) abilities that cost conviction.

Doctrine of Bliss - self heal, Doctrine of Loyalty - ae heal, and Precept of Purpose - mana returned on melee hit, all seem useful. As well as reparation/salvation, which sounds like a free 10% ae heal for life damage done.
    I made a thread about it here. Inquisitor/Sentinel/Justicar has better TTK for PvE than an Inquisitor/Cabalist/* build upto the mid 20s (which is all I've tested so far). And your hunch is correct; all Life spells give Conviction; which means you're basically a ranged version of what a Warrior Priest was in Warhammer. You can use your ranged DPS to generate Conviction to run your healing. So far it's been great for Rift events; plays just like a Warrior Priest but from range and gives some excellent support healing for your group. It's not going to fly for the dungeons without a dedicated healer but the group heals definitely take the pressure off the main healer.

Of course, it doesn't match the melee DPS that a Shaman/Druid/* generates not the DPS of a Storm/Ele/* mage but it's damn good for a dps/healer combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddlesthebear View Post
    . Might throw Templar in there but still working my way through various ideas first. Also, I'll post my build and more info later since I'm on my touch right now.
    Ok maybe I missed something. I have an invite to the beta but can not get in right now due to some computer stuff but that is besides the point. This post and the Zam Soul tree calculator are the only places I've seen "Templar" It does not appear in RIFT classes tab on the official site. On Zam there is a soul with some guys face on it for every talent in every calling, I assumed it was a joke, can somebody clarify this for me?

"Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night."
    -Isaac Asimov

Soulwalker

Those are the PvP souls that you buy with Favor.

So why is there a dudes face on it in place of some kind of symbol like the others, and why is it not mentioned on the RIFT website?

"Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night."
    -Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Sinisterwolf89 View Post
    Ok maybe I missed something. I have an invite to the beta but can not get in right now due to some computer stuff but that is besides the point. This post and the Zam Soul tree calculator are the only places I've seen "Templar" It does not appear in RIFT classes tab on the official site. On Zam there is a soul with some guys face on it for every talent in every calling, I assumed it was a joke, can somebody clarify this for me?
    Thread jacked! lol

Closed Thread