+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inquisitor is melee?

Default Inquisitor is melee?

Read about the Inquisitor class on the official Rift webpage and got the feeling they were the healer class to choose if you would like to melee. But checking this forum out it says its more of a ranged and instead shaman is a better choice for it. Which one you think is better for melee if you want to balance both damage and healing?
    Last edited by Struul; 09-30-2010 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Struul View Post
    Read about the Inquisitor class on the official Rift webpage and got the feeling they were the healer class to choose if you would like to melee. But checking this forum out it says its more of a ranged and instead shaman is a better choice for it. Which one you think is better for melee if you want to balance both damage and healing?
    I bolded your problem for you.

If you want to balance two aspects, most likely you're going to need to use two souls to do this. Justicar / Shaman is a good combination given what information we have available so far, at least insofar as a melee based Cleric with some healing capabilities.

If you needed more healing on a group, you might throw a Warden soul in the mix.

The main thing you have to keep in mind with Rift is that the game was designed from the ground up to be multi-classed, and if you try to fill more than one role you're going to need more than one soul.

Will have to await further information about souls from Trion to make the right choices.

You'll have some freedom to 'build your own class', but if you are wanting to specialize in just one soul that is melee and healing, Justicar seems to fit your criteria.

http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Justicar_abilities

(obligatory - still alpha)

-Looks like I basically repeated Banditman.

edit: I was also under the impression that the Inquisitor would be a melee healer after reading the description. I was somewhat surprised it was a 'mage'.
    Last edited by Nullum; 09-30-2010 at 09:16 AM.

Added Telarapedia to my bookmarks. Thanks for the link.

Add this one in your bookmarks as well: http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/

Very handy as skill trees become known through videos of gameplay and the like. Of course, the abilities are all subject to change in the future if required, but a nice tool nonetheless.

Rift Disciple

With out knowing more of the mechanics, and taken everything as written I have a good feeling that 31/20 Shaman/Justicar is going to be the melee cleric/melee buffer so far. But the nice thing about the Rift soul system is you can build pretty much what ever you want to play.

Dėtail

Also check out this thread started by yours truly:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...risons-of-each

I tried to summarize the info all in one place for people new to the class.
    Behold the turtle of enormous girth, on his shell he holds the earth.

Default Only read first post

Had only read the first post in your thread before posting this thread. Will read entire threads before posting next time. Found some interesting thoughts about mixing souls, will see how i end up

Champion of Telara Nightbringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Banditman View Post
    I bolded your problem for you.

If you want to balance two aspects, most likely you're going to need to use two souls to do this. Justicar / Shaman is a good combination given what information we have available so far, at least insofar as a melee based Cleric with some healing capabilities.

If you needed more healing on a group, you might throw a Warden soul in the mix.

The main thing you have to keep in mind with Rift is that the game was designed from the ground up to be multi-classed, and if you try to fill more than one role you're going to need more than one soul.
    You would also have to option to take 0 points in sentinel and / or purifier souls for their baseline heals.

+ Reply to Thread