+ Reply to Thread

Thread: are there any spellswords?

Question are there any spellswords?

one of my favorite classes from my dungeons and dragons days was the clerics/druids/wizards that could imbue themselves with magic to go running into combat with the most armored of foes, chopping them with weapons imbued with spells and using quick casting spells to hinder their foes.

the spellsword is a class that i have found to be increasingly rare in MMOs, the enhancement shaman in wow, the HoX in age of conan, all fit the description to a certain degree..

i was wondering if there was any classes like this in rifts that anyone knows of, thanks!

(also, can you mix and match classes from different callings?)
    Last edited by adddemon; 09-29-2010 at 10:05 AM. Reason: added question

there supposedly is a battlemage, if I had to guess I would say archon however there is no proof or evidence suggesting that it is, just lots of speculation.
    Last edited by luci; 09-29-2010 at 01:05 PM.

Welcome to the rift community!

First off no, you cannot mix different calling's souls.

Souls that could fit the description that you gave for the spellsword are:

Justicar, Shaman, Reaver, Nightblade;

These are the ones that i know of who mix melee combat with magic as an enhancement.

For detailed skill/ class information go to http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Calling and http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/

We don't have enough information to be 100% sure, but I believe the Riftblade (From the warriors calling) is suppose to be somewhat of a battlemage/Spellsword. We don't have a complete soul tree for it yet, but some of the skills seem to be pointing that direction on one of the other posts that mention it.

Even my dark passenger wants to play Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexterm View Post
    We don't have enough information to be 100% sure, but I believe the Riftblade (From the warriors calling) is suppose to be somewhat of a battlemage/Spellsword. We don't have a complete soul tree for it yet, but some of the skills seem to be pointing that direction on one of the other posts that mention it.
    Yeah, I think from the OPs description...Riftblade and maybe the mage one will be the closest...though we still have no clue about the Mage melee...

Quote Originally Posted by Darcnova View Post
    Yeah, I think from the OPs description...Riftblade and maybe the mage one will be the closest...though we still have no clue about the Mage melee...
    There is rampant speculation it will be the Archon, though there has been zero information released about the class. A lot of people are hoping for some kind of magic-shield melee battlemage which would fill an interesting niche in the mage calling.
    Behold the turtle of enormous girth, on his shell he holds the earth.

thanks for the reply's, i dident know there was already a talent builder, so i have been taking a look at it, i assume the ability's that unlock at the bottom combined with the talent trees are all of your ability's the class uses?

also, why are there six cleric roles? i thought there was only going to be 4 for each calling.

Quote Originally Posted by Butr0sButr0s View Post
    There is rampant speculation it will be the Archon, though there has been zero information released about the class. A lot of people are hoping for some kind of magic-shield melee battlemage which would fill an interesting niche in the mage calling.
    Yeah, I myself am hoping that it is Archon as well, hah

And OP, there will be 8 souls in a calling, some just have little to no info, so they arent on the soul builder yet

Shield of Telara

I think one of the unannounced souls should be the Forum Searcher. Its main ability is to actually search the forums or read FAQs before starting new topics to ask questions covered in countless threads.

I don't think the OP would like to play that soul...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Riler View Post
    I think one of the unannounced souls should be the Forum Searcher. Its main ability is to actually search the forums or read FAQs before starting new topics to ask questions covered in countless threads.

I don't think the OP would like to play that soul...
    Pretty harsh Riler .... funny but, harsh

As mentioned a fair bit, people are thinking the archon may be a melee mage (thinking about baldurs gate 2/IWD 2, imagine casting tensers transformation then black blade of disaster or using the shakti figurine) that sorta thing :P

Soulwalker

Not all soul trees would be easy to get, so some of them should be better than others cause of their rarity, mb some heroic souls.

+ Reply to Thread