Closed Thread

Thread: Destroyer or Pathfinder?

Soulwalker

Default Destroyer or Pathfinder?

When creating my character I felt like making her a Warrior. I saw that Pathfinder and Destroyer both looked fun to me but I'm fairly new at the game.

My questions are, what's the difference between a Pathfinder and Destroyer? Which is better in PvE, PvP, or soloing?

I want to play my character to level 60 and have fun with endgame content, but I'm not even sure if choosing between Pathfinder and Destroyer makes too much of a difference. If I play Pathfinders I want to go into Beastmastery because it's the only way I can have a kitty, but Destroyer still looks strong too.

RIFT Guide Writer

The pre-mades are all fairly crap.

Leveling is a great opportunity to play with builds, learn what skills do and the basics of macro's. it will make you a much better player end game

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4304818
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ewarwoo View Post
    The pre-mades are all fairly crap.

Leveling is a great opportunity to play with builds, learn what skills do and the basics of macro's. it will make you a much better player end game

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4304818
    ^^This^^

Don't be afraid to just click the CLOSE button on those premade lists. On a new character, once you do so, you can just click one of the three empty square boxes you find in the middle of the soul trees to read up on, select, and study each soul available to you.

All those premades do is offer up a quick start and kind of a tutorial for very new users. But I promise: you CAN learn just by trying your own thing! It's a lot of fun to do so, too.

Doing it this way, you can get yourself a kitty AND you can still choose two other souls that sound like they match up well.

The good thing about a warrior class is that almost all of their souls will fit together pretty well for you during early experiences playing RIFT. As you get more experienced (and maybe a little frustrated with PvP or your *first* custom build), you will want to come back and read through the more specific, more detailed guides on this site.

When you ask about PvP I would give you this advice: what you find strong at levels 10 - 19 may not be strong at level 50 or 60. And, what you find weak at levels 10 - 19 (most warrior classes) can often be AWESOME at levels 50 and 60. Warriors really don't come into their own in PvP until upwards of level 40-ish, in my own personal opinion.

Just wanted to say that because a lot of people give up on warriors early because the player never made it to the levels where they really start hitting hard.

Closed Thread