+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm curious about the class builds in this game

Soulwalker

Default I'm curious about the class builds in this game

I am a fan of the pick your single class and that's what you are. I am curious how you all feel about they way this game does it class creations, with the mix and match aspect.

Please write in and let me know.

The Soul System is the biggest draw to Rift for me now that the crafting is no longer unrestricted.

/Concur

I like a little of this, and a tad of that. SWG had it right, so does rift
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9949&dateline=1285304  790

I think it's a little daunting at first for some of us that have been locked into the "pure class" mentality. I have never played a game with open-ended class system was playing around with the soul calculator the other day and felt like a total noob. Theorycrafting will be totally new for me with EQ and EQ2 it's always been a very linear path to AA the one build to rule them all.

However because of my background I am very excited to give it a try and build or attempt to build a true hybrid class.

I'm very enthusiastic with the Rift Class System because you have more than just a choice.

We can make a single class build, focus on only one class.
    We can mix and match different classes.

AND

We can have both with the intodruced Rift Role System.

I'm thinking from a raid perspective (including raid scale rifts/invasions). Aim for survivablity, regardless of role. If you dont need to be combat rezzed(or cannot be rezzed as you are deemed less vital to the raid) during the course of an encounter, your dps/activity rating will be significantly higher than the glass cannons or max heal throughput zealots!

More and more I'm seeing why at max level we all will get up to 4 build sets to switch between. Having played a bit with the rolebuilder with cleric callings, it is showing the relative merits of maxing single tree's, dual tree speccing and making tri spec builds. All have their functions for different scenario's.

Even so there will be huge amounts of trial and error, the term 'cookie cutter' will hopefully die a well deserved death in this game

Rift is bringing something fresh and new, while I love the pure class system I think that i've been ready for something like this for a few years. Add to that the Dynamic content, Rifts, and a change in the system (Usually it's good vs bad) I like the whole technology+magic vs holy/gods favored. The best thing of all seems to me that it will encourage all kinds of styles of play and if you want to stick to one class, you can.

Even my dark passenger wants to play Rift.

To the OP, you can make a pure class, just spend all your points in a single class, say pure pally, just put all the points there. For all we know, pure builds on some classes may end up being best for raiding and such, will have to wait and see.

+ Reply to Thread