+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whacky CC/combat rezzing/melee/healing cleric!

Default Whacky CC/combat rezzing/melee/healing cleric!

Hello everyone! I've decided that the build I want to play (for now at least!) is a CC cleric with in-combat rezzing and reasonably good healing, and challenged myself to build just that class. Let me know that you think about this build:

21 Inquisitor / 30 Justicar: Role Builder link

CC abilities
    - 8s AOE fear (Inquisitor)
    - Single-target knockback (Inquisitor)
    - 15s single-target confuse (Inquisitor)
    - Single-target 30% slow (Inquisitor)
    - 30% slow (Inquisitor)
    - Melee casting interrupt (Justicar)
    - Melee stun (Justicar)
    - 3s single-target root (Justicar)

Rezzing and heals
    - In-combat rez with 25% of health (Justicar)
    - Justicar also brings a reasonably good blend of AOE and spot heals

Alternatively, 22 Inquisitor / 20 Justicar / 9 Sentinel: Role Builder Link

The main difference with this second build is additional 45% slow (Improved Light Bolt) at the expense of a a big proximity AOE heal (Righteous Invocation).
    Last edited by Samil; 10-04-2010 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Corrected some mistakes in the build and added an alternative

Started with EQ, and currently helping out on the Telarapedia while waiting for Rift!

Minus a few of the abilities it sounds pretty similar to the EQ2 Dirge.

Looks good. Probably will be nice for group PvP.

If raids are any way up to spec, melee triggered CC probably won't be helpful at all. But that's in theory.

EDIT: In more than 50% of cases.

It's a good concept. I love the CC healer myself so that's definitely something I'd consider as one of my group PvP specs. You tried to cheat and didn't get Humbling Blow or Mana Channel before you got their upgrades though.

If I were making that build, I'd use Bolt of Radiance as my main damage dealing ability since it is strong, casts instantly, and can heal. It is pretty mana intensive so you gotta get Fanatic's Faith since it lowers the cost of Life spells. Also, because it is ranged and you need to use melee abilities to gain Conviction to use your Doctrines I wouldn't bother with any talents that strengthen the Doctrines. You won't use them frequently enough I'd imagine.

Mine would look closer to this I'm thinking. 5/5 Devout Convictions is the only one I'm not sure about. It might be better but I dunno how useful it would be without actually playing.

Lookin' forward to having a bloody, messy, glorious CC war with ya.
    Last edited by souper; 10-04-2010 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by souper View Post
    You tried to cheat and didn't get Humbling Blow or Mana Channel before you got their upgrades though.
    <snip>
    Mine would look closer to this I'm thinking.
    Thanks for the heads up! Fixed the build. Our builds are now somewhat similar, except that I have an additional point in Interdict (the Justicar's caster interrupt), and your inquisitor has additional Clinging Spirit (soul drain) and Mental Resilience (CC resist) at the expense of Symbol of Corruption (DoT from Bolt of Depravity) and Armor of Devotion (additional HP).

And yeah, the main nukes for this build are likely to be the two Bolts from the Inquisitor, but it looks like your build is less likely to be in melee range than mine. Interesting stuff.

Also I was trying to add another soul into the build by limiting the Justicar to 20 points, i.e. just enough to the in-combat rez, but it's difficult 'cos Righteous Invocation is simply too good to pass up.

Started with EQ, and currently helping out on the Telarapedia while waiting for Rift!

+ Reply to Thread