+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nightblade/Assassin/Riftblade 31/10/10 or 31/8/12 or 31/6/14

Default Nightblade/Assassin/Riftblade 31/10/10 or 31/8/12 or 31/6/14

http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...assin.31100050

The 31 point talent in night blade is so damn sexy. Smoldering blades and scourge of darkness are awesome at 26 points.

The 6-8 point assassin talent serrated blades is a must have whether you want to put 1 or 3 points in it. The 6 point talent puncture that is an attack that bypasses armor in the assassin tree is also going to be a must based on fighting high armor targets in other mmo's.

The rift stalker is the only question mark as we don't know any of its talents yet. But the bard does mix in well here too. A 10 points you get the HoT. At 6 points you get the armor buff. At 2 points, you get the health buff. And the 0-5 tree talent is a passive hp buff.

The ranger also mixes in decently. With 8 points in the tree, your quickshot deals 30% more damage over 6 seconds. And your first 5 talent points nets you 5% to crit.

Rift Disciple forestwhitakereye's Avatar

I would probably do something like this.

http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...0050:ranger.50

The Nightblade is doing pretty much exclusively Fire and Death damage on all your specials and they could very well be unmitigated by armor so that's why I didn't take Puncture or any of the Assassin talents that increase physical damage. If all your damage was physical, Murderous Intent would be pretty solid. Just damage from autoattacks though makes it weak.

I didn't take Improved Blazing Strike because presumably Flame Thrust is better in every way.

Scourge of Darkness is good for a long fight but I don't know if this is a soloing build. You might not get a lot of mileage out of it.

Lingering Flame references Fiery Strike, no idea what that is. And since it only triggers off finishers anyway (that you might only use half the time because of Scourge of Darkness), it might very well suck.

Honestly, I don't think the Bard buys you much. At 10 points you get a HoT, but can only use it in combat because it's combo point based (btw lol @ "instantly heal over 15 seconds"). Better to just kill your enemy and heal after it's dead. Health buffs are marginal (if you don't get beaten to within an inch of your life, it doesn't matter if you have the extra health or not). A permanent armor buff is potentially useful, but when you see you can get another 5% crit from Ranger and you have abilities that trigger off crits, it makes more sense to go that route. Improved Quick Shot might have some potential, but you're probably going to only shoot once before closing to melee range. Still, Enkindle only affects your AOE abilities, so that might be some more points in the Nightblade tree that could be redirected.

Yah, there is nothing saying that quick shot cannot be used in melee range so that is going to make or break it. Though, in groups it will combine with a lot of the weapon throws, and the 31 point talent of the nightblade to make you pretty competent at the ranged dps role. And you are not hurting at all in the melee dps.

I was puzzled by fiery strike as well. But I think scourge of darkness will be useful a lot as a first 5 point finisher.

Nice build btw. Why all the extra points in nightblade? Do you like the 32 and 38 point abilities?

edit: oh and I am really planning on the other soul being the riftstalker because there has got to be some useful survivability stuff (or maybe even more crit%) in the first 10 points there. Unfortunately, we will have to wait =(
    Last edited by fangGWJ; 09-25-2010 at 08:11 AM.

Rift Disciple forestwhitakereye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fangGWJ View Post
    Yah, there is nothing saying that quick shot cannot be used in melee range so that is going to make or break it. Though, in groups it will combine with a lot of the weapon throws, and the 31 point talent of the nightblade to make you pretty competent at the ranged dps role. And you are not hurting at all in the melee dps.

I was puzzled by fiery strike as well. But I think scourge of darkness will be useful a lot as a first 5 point finisher.

Nice build btw. Why all the extra points in nightblade? Do you like the 32 and 38 point abilities?

edit: oh and I am really planning on the other soul being the riftstalker because there has got to be some useful survivability stuff (or maybe even more crit%) in the first 10 points there. Unfortunately, we will have to wait =(
    Quick Shot is physical damage so even though Improved Quick Shot looks like a very useful ability, it puts it at odds with all the talents of the Nightblade tree that only increase Fire and Death (Glow in the Dark, Unstable State, Illumination, Heat Conduction, the Unknown name above Heat Conduction). I'm not really sure how a Nightblade gains combo points. Eventide might be useful because it seems like the abilities you want to use (Dusk Strike and Twilight Force) are both on long cooldowns, even though TF doesn't say it in the tooltip yet). Dusk to Dawn, the channeled 31 point combo point talent might end up being our bread and butter, but who knows if it's going to get a cooldown. So we might have to use Primal Strike, which is physical but has a chance of adding Fire and Death when talented. If PS is used often, we might end up putting one Quick Shot in the rotation every time just to set up that bleed (if talented). Then again, the Nightblade is also all about enchanting your weapons (presumably your melee weapons only), so the Quick Shot won't benefit from that and the Enhanced Weapon Enchantments talent.

Dusk to Dawn is weird. Both it and Twilight Force have a 20m range. DtD roots the target as you gain combo points and has no apparent cooldown. Twilight Force can also be talented to snare a target by 60% for 6 seconds. That is some seriously easymode kiting right there.

I'm not sure that either of the 32 or 38 point Nightblade Root abilities are mandatory, especially if the 26 point ability can be put on both weapons. There's probably some room to get down to 31 points in Nightblade, cutting Enkindle and Lingering Flame potentially. I didn't realize Puncture was 2 combo points, so that is better than I thought and potentially gives us a reason to get out of using Primal Strike so that might be 2 points freed up there. I think the Ranger's crit bonus is synergistic, but if the Riftstalker has good stuff you could probably find at least 10 points to put there.

Since im more of pvp'er i would go full assassin for the last 51 abilitie its :3

Exclamation

Not sure if this has been pointed out, I didn't catch it in the previous post but you might not be able spec into Nightblade and Assassin at launch or who knows how long after because they belong to opposing factions - Faelor mentioned in a post that they will be unlockable by the opposite at some point but just giving you a heads up it might not be possible straight out of the gate.

- Nightblade: Defiant
    - Assassin: Guardian
    Last edited by Knuckles; 09-27-2010 at 09:40 PM.

Isn't it a wee bit early for discussing specs?
    Pain and suffering tries to strike YOU, but misses!

Quote Originally Posted by VuDu View Post
    Not sure if this has been pointed out, I didn't catch it in the previous post but you might not be able spec into Nightblade and Assassin at launch or who knows how long after because they belong to opposing factions - Faelor mentioned in a post that they will be unlockable by the opposite at some point but just giving you a heads up it might not be possible straight out of the gate.

- Nightblade: Defiant
    - Assassin: Guardian
    I was wondering about this as well, the thing is that hearing russ' interview, and maybe one of scott's, they mention specifically that the player will have the choice of 8 souls per calling. I think it'll be something you could start out as depending on your faction but that's about it. It almost feels like it'll be available regardless fairly easily.

Being that we have to wait a certain amount of levels before we start using another soul. I believe they mentioned at level 15, and then at level 30. By this time if i'm correct (about the level 15/30 thing), I figure that the opposite soul will probably already be available.

Even my dark passenger wants to play Rift.

People will experiment at first but after 6months everyone will have 51 points in 1 soul.

Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen it yet. I could mess around with this crap for days.

Quote Originally Posted by Splitpawthanos View Post
    People will experiment at first but after 6months everyone will have 51 points in 1 soul.
    Man, I hope your wrong. if your right ,what a waste of a really wonderful system.

I just cant phathom them spending this much time on souls and making it such a huge part of the draw to the game that in 6 months we are all down to playing a single soul anway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorezin View Post
    Man, I hope your wrong. if your right ,what a waste of a really wonderful system.

I just cant phathom them spending this much time on souls and making it such a huge part of the draw to the game that in 6 months we are all down to playing a single soul anway.

I'd figure that if this happened, they would do some kind of rework because having all 51 point builds in the game is not their current goal. Atleast not according to all the information available on these forums and on other mmo websites. I doubt it personally only because while putting in 51 points may give you 1 really good ability, its also 16 points that to some people are considered wasted in most cases.

Even my dark passenger wants to play Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorezin View Post

I hope I am wrong too but the way I see it going is people will pick thier calling and change to whatever class is needed at the time in thier calling.Especially for people in raid guilds.So one raid you play as an assassin and the next a bard.

Ascendant

I wonder if the crits will stack like they seem to. If so, I would be expecting a nerf.

On the issue of 51 pt builds, the guy in the videos seems pretty knowledgeable about the classes and he is constantly mixing up different things. I expect most people will go for a 31/10/10 sort of thing.
    Last edited by solarbear; 09-29-2010 at 09:15 PM.

I really liked playing the Nightblade abilities; fire and death seem like JUST the sort of things a sneaky rogue-type should be into. I'll definitely be going nightblade at some point.

@zeph: it's never too early. sure, lots of things can (and probably will) change. all this discussion does is give us something to think about, and I'm ok with that :P
    Failkan
    Rogue
    Veteran

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast