Closed Thread

Thread: Class like Fixer from Anarchy Online?

Soulwalker

Default Class like Fixer from Anarchy Online?

As the thread says. I've been looking for a class that plays like Fixer for years. In every MMO I always find myself dissatisfied with anything I roll, because nothing was like the way Fixer was. Is there anything similar to that in RIFT? I'm going crazy with the different class choices. :/

Describe the playstyle and role of this "Fixer" class.

Soulwalker

I guess the best way to describe it would be a ranged support class with snares, HoTs, group runspeed buffs, group ports, and some burst damage. They had spells that could conjure, ammo, weapons, and armor, including armor conjured for just themselves that buffed their evasion.

There were also a few debuffs they could use, as well. That should pretty much cover everything.

Shield of Telara

MeepMeep! Fixers are also supposed to be very fast movers with high evasion and able to get around the world map much faster than other professions (they had their own special fast travel system that they could allow others to use temporarily, usually for some sort of fee or favour )
    RIP Icewatch and Argent.
    Not another damn penny.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Isalia View Post
    I guess the best way to describe it would be a ranged support class with snares, HoTs, group runspeed buffs, group ports, and some burst damage. They had spells that could conjure, ammo, weapons, and armor, including armor conjured for just themselves that buffed their evasion.

There were also a few debuffs they could use, as well. That should pretty much cover everything.
    That sounds pretty much exactly like a bard. Other than the ports.
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

Plane Touched

Yeah, sounds like a bard.

Quote Originally Posted by ewarwoo View Post
    That sounds pretty much exactly like a bard. Other than the ports.
    And the group ports, and the snares, and the conjured items, and arguably the burst damage.

Soulwalker

Well I'm obviously not expecting a one-to-one match between Fixer and a class in Rift, just something at least passably similar. People say Bard; are there any cleric souls about ranged support evasion tanking? If not, I guess Rogues are my thing.
    Last edited by Isalia; 05-16-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Evasion tanking doesn't exist in Rift. Ranged tanking... not really? Clerics can hold threat from range, but since most enemies just run into melee, you rarely have to do that in any meaningful capacity beyond the initial pickup.

I think Archon might be along the lines of what you're looking for. It can't heal the group, but it has a ton of utility, including a group teleport.

Soulwalker

Ah, the Fixer...how I miss playing you. So much fun. Good times.

Sadly, there is no class or soul in Rift that plays like an AO Fixer.

The closest I can think of from what you have said and what the game site for Anarchy, the closest you're going to be looking at is a Rouge.

Depending on the souls you're using, they have ranged attacks while on the move, explosives, minor healing along with support buffs, and the ability to tank while avoiding damage.
    No group teleports, but they can get personal teleports to bounce around the battlefield.
    \_(ツ)_/
    ಠ⌣ಠ

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    And the group ports, and the snares, and the conjured items, and arguably the burst damage.
    I said ports

However it sounds like motifs / fanfares have a similar functionality to conjured items, can burst like a mofo using Riff / Virtuoso and true as no snare I was getting mixed up with the stun.

What he's really looking for is a subpar damage dealing class, that mostly deals their damage from auto attack, speciality ammo, and abilities with lengthy cooldowns.... Has insanely high evade scores, movement speed, and mostly buffs other people so that they can accept more buffs (NCU).

You're probably looking at some blend of Marksman, Riftstalker (Or Blade Dancer), and Tactician.

No idea why people are mentioning Bard, because the Fixer isn't anything like them.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by KellionBane View Post
    No idea why people are mentioning Bard, because the Fixer isn't anything like them.
    Because I have no idea what a Fixer it but Bard most matches his description.

And even if its not the closest match to the actual class, his description will be the points that matter to him so it's possibly still the right answer.

Closed Thread