+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which Classes would you like to see?

Soulwalker

Default Which Classes would you like to see?

Not sure if this was covered already.

For a new MMO, I think most people are anticipating which classes they can pick.
    Honestly, the classes thus far look pretty solid.

I would like to see some form of Monk class. Monks have been played with little to no armor and wield mostly staffs. Because of the Ascended class system, if you made the monk class part of the Cleric classes, then mages would have a suitably class to gain melee skills and potentially ways to heal themselves. Rogues may also be attracted to this kind of class for the same reasons.

I'd also like to see some sort of Druid or Shaman class. I think Druids could be designed to be the anti-Necromancer class. If you made this class a cleric class and allowed them to summon wildlife and provide buffs and heals. This would be a lighter side of playing a Necromancer.

A gladiator class would be cool. A solider class that gets buffs were fighting one-on-one fights. Maybe buffs when fighting bosses or maybe a solider class that has more knockbacks and less armor then traditional tanks.
    Also, another cleric class I'd like to see is a Holy Avenger so to speak. A class that specializes in killing undead and demons.

I hope this post gets the creative ideas flowing.

Thorvard

Hi Thorvard,

I'm not sure if you've seen already the unofficial (but confirmed) class lists.
    http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Class
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...8Class-List%29
    There is just one unknown healer left. And yes, there'll be a Druid and Shaman class.

Welcome to the Forums!
    Last edited by Osho; 09-21-2010 at 07:03 AM.

Champion of Telara Nightbringer's Avatar

Technomancer
    Geomancer
    Aeromancer (storm caller?)
    Aquamancer (ice mage?)

Either a VG Disciple or a DAoC Reaver

DAoC Reaver would be pretty awesome, I'd LOVE to see a class using a whip that alone was worth me rolling one.

I just want to see a Cleric capable of dual wielding swords or hammers - a DPS machine if you will. I don't expect a high dps machine but one that can off-tank and solo would be cool...
    Shagroth, GM of Myth

a Belmont Guardian Guild
    http://www.Myth-Guild.net

Quote Originally Posted by Shagroth View Post
    DAoC Reaver would be pretty awesome, I'd LOVE to see a class using a whip that alone was worth me rolling one.

I just want to see a Cleric capable of dual wielding swords or hammers - a DPS machine if you will. I don't expect a high dps machine but one that can off-tank and solo would be cool...
    Not sure about the dual wield, but a Cleric(s) soul can already DPS and tank
    w w w . F A E L O R . c o m
    Administrator of Rift Seekers | [former] Guild Master of <Primal> | Administrator of Halcyon Affinity
    Rift Podcast | Rift Seekers is currently dormant for various reasons, thank you for understanding | Telerapedia

The only class I really wanted to see was the Bard and it's confirmed. Now, if only the run speed is nice and turbo...

Soulwalker

Disciple - Melee DPS healer (Vanguard's disciple as a example)
    Monk - DPS class
    Samurai - DPS or Tank class

I hope to see all three eventually, but... I'll really be disappointed if at-least one of the three above aren't added to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hika_Zee View Post
    Monk - DPS class
    Samurai - DPS or Tank class
    I'd love to eventually see these souls added. It seems possibilities are endless in terms of adding souls that people hope/wish for.

Even my dark passenger wants to play Rift.

The class I wanted to see, yet didn't have a slight hope of seeing, was a pure CC class. Now that that's confirmed, I'm over the moon! SHAME it's in the squishy mage calling. That said, I'm still playing the Dominator with hopefully some Chloromancer in it. The mage calling in Rift is the first example of me wanting to play a mage. Seriously, they have all the coolest souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    The class I wanted to see, yet didn't have a slight hope of seeing, was a pure CC class. Now that that's confirmed, I'm over the moon! SHAME it's in the squishy mage calling. That said, I'm still playing the Dominator with hopefully some Chloromancer in it. The mage calling in Rift is the first example of me wanting to play a mage. Seriously, they have all the coolest souls.
    Pfft, no uh! Warrior calling has monks!

Shh... let me dream...

EQ Beastlord or VG Shaman is what I'd like to see so I'll have to see just what the Beastmaster is all about and the shaman I'll have to mix in some sentinel...so many choices and different builds to choose from in Rift that I'm really not even close to choosing a class. I reckon that a good thing lol.

Soulwalker

So i guess the answer is no monks?

Quote Originally Posted by Taiel_Chaiser View Post
    So i guess the answer is no monks?
    That would be a negative so far. There is still a cleric class that has yet to be released, so it's our last hope at this point in time. Unfortunately, I doubt that it will be a monk, the last class slot to be announced... It would be to good to be true for it to be a monk.

Just to be silly... Vampire, Lich, Dragon, rune lord, technomancer,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast