Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Best Solo PVE?

Telaran

Default Best Solo PVE?

What is the best for soloing PVE?

I get the impression that it is mage harb/chloro.

Are any other classes or combos as good or better?

All of them are pretty good at soloing. For example Warlord/Champ warrior, RS/Tact Rogue... but Cleric is probably the most versatile when it comes to solo survivability. Clerics have lots of healing options and a tanking tree so... not to mention the new Defiler soul, combined with Cabalist you have make a weapon of mass destruction with a tanking "pet" (The Beacon) and very high burst heals. The Druid is also a pretty nice solo tree with heals everytime your pet deals damage (or when it heals).

It depends on what you want. Are you looking at soloing large groups of mobs? Soloing a single strong mob? Soloing old raids?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    It depends on what you want. Are you looking at soloing large groups of mobs? Soloing a single strong mob? Soloing old raids?
    I'm curious on this as well.. its SEEMS like at higher levels the best way to level is pull 4-5 even or +1 level mobs kill them, repeat.... I can get 1400xp per kill at level 45 (with potion) as a tactician - I'm curious if the cabalist and/or warrior souls could do the same (even mage?)

I have never gotten to 60, 45 is my highest but kind of looking for other options other than my Tact now. Read a bunch of forums and everyone seems to be talking 60'ish level... what about leveling?

Thanks

Defiler/cab builds can easily AoE down large groups, although due to the way that Tyranny of Death works, they actually kill smaller groups and solo enemies more slowly than big packs.

Mages have an easy time soloing with harbochloro builds.

I'd argue rogues have the best and most versatile soloing spec in the game in the form of 51BD/4tact/21RS, but most people find it to be more trouble than it's worth, due to its relative complexity to other more mindless questing builds. I've found that deep Tactician builds like the one you're using lose their lustre at higher levels, as they're relatively squishy and lack competitive ST damage.

I've only leveled my warrior to 52 so far, but the warlord/champion build I've been using has been relatively unimpressive so far. I expect that things will improve once I can pick up Cornered Beast in a few levels, but until then, they're easily the worst off.

Rift Disciple

For my rogue I have found Granpa's build to work like a charm, found HERE.

To quote Granpa, "This is a fantastic spec for leveling. Zero downtime, stuff dies FAST. Good for single-target, or AOE pulls, and even quite tasty in Warfronts."

Unless it has been nerfed in last week or two I would say is all true.
    Last edited by Wylf; 04-01-2013 at 06:04 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Single mobs: Rogues granpa build as above.

Multi mobs: Warrior WL / Champ build as per my sig.

Utility: A Harb/chloro hybrid can give you enough DPS just to pass in a dungeon whilst levlling, is excellent in PVP (though grandpa runs close), better solo than warrior, better AoE than grandpa build. It shades it for me due to the sheer versatility. Though I was running it deeper into chloro than the standard build to get some splash raid heals for PVP and more survivability.

Cleric: My clerics 50 so I can't comment much on that class.
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I've only leveled my warrior to 52 so far, but the warlord/champion build I've been using has been relatively unimpressive so far. I expect that things will improve once I can pick up Cornered Beast in a few levels, but until then, they're easily the worst off.
    WL/Champ has been one of the most enjoyable soloing experiences for me, and my warrior doesn't have CB yet. Mostly because it is equally capable of ST and AoE murder, and very simple and survivable. Oh and it could be that I have a 40 meter charge.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 04-02-2013 at 11:17 AM.

My problem with warrior soloing is that it feels very squishy compared to harbochloro and defilist. Clerics, rogues, and mages all have ways to push out some extra self-healing in a pinch, but warriors don't. It's not crippling by any means, but I like being able to go into a more defensive playstyle if I pull too much.

On a somewhat unrelated note, if the Bladedancer changes that Ailion just posted about end up going through, then rogue soloing is going to get even stronger than it already is.

RIFT Guide Writer

There's a very short window where it feels a little squishier, from memory was about level 54 until you get CB multiple mob pulls were hurting.

Overall but it felt far fairly indestructible with some pretty big pulls.

Trick is using no permission as a heal. When you start to get low pop it off and let them kill you, you get a 50% heal and can start plugging away again.

You also have a shield and battlefield medic to get you through the next spike, and teh healing finisher if things get really sticky.

If you use all the tools its rock solid.

Whats teh BD changes? In vanilla BD / RS was my favorite solo spec for any class. Would be nice to have that back.
    Last edited by ewarwoo; 04-02-2013 at 05:42 PM.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post4205377

Even without those changes, though, BD/RS is already a thing. Like I mentioned earlier, it's probably the strongest soloing spec in the game right now when you play it right. And when you add those buffs on top of that...

RIFT Guide Writer

/offtopic
    Nice, I love bladedancer as a grp DPS spec. Looks like it should improve nicely for AoE.

Sad to lose dauntless from the AoE rotation but it simplifies it ever so slightly and those channels will be killer.

RIFT Guide Writer

I don't think there is one single best solo spec. At the minimum it varies depending on your gear level and what you want to solo. A leveling spec needs more defence or healing since the gear you are wearing is horrible but if instead you aim for a PA grind spec for a raid geared character then it's more about how fast you can kill/move/pull. If you are already staying alive without worrying then extra defence doesn't do anything anymore.

For example I leveled with a BD/RS but it's not efficient for me anymore since it lacks ranged dps and I've been using tactician to just aoe everything down instead.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ewarwoo View Post
    There's a very short window where it feels a little squishier, from memory was about level 54 until you get CB multiple mob pulls were hurting.

Overall but it felt far fairly indestructible with some pretty big pulls.

Trick is using no permission as a heal. When you start to get low pop it off and let them kill you, you get a 50% heal and can start plugging away again.
    Honestly, I can't fathom why anybody would run 41 Warlord before 32 Champ for soloing. Cornered Beast is so unbelievably superior to Everything is a Weapon for grinding. With Recovery Posture and Vampiric Essence, it is that burst of healing you need against groups, and every 15 seconds, to boot. I could easily knock out entire carnage quests in a single pull with 32Champ/3x Warlord/0 Tempest (I find a ranged attack option superior to the crit from Paragon for solo).

RIFT Guide Writer

Because 41 WL as much better ST so it saves a lotta time when you have to kill boss type mobs for quests.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast