+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Druid style class?

Soulwalker

Default Druid style class?

Hey guys, this is my first post on these forums, been following the game for a while - nice to see you got some new stuff up.

The title of this topic pretty much sais it all, will there be a class or sub-class where we can transform in to animals (or anything similar to that tree-hugging crap? ) I wan't to say ''like wow'' but I think with a bit of thought it could easily be improved upon.

As this is my first post I better just say hello to everyone, The game looks good (although im sure you get that comment a lot), and I love all the ideas which Trion are coming up with! Including the MMORTS! For a long time now I have been looking for a game developer that I can clearly say ''I LOVE this game developer as they are creating original titles''. You will have my support for many years to come. The great thing about coming up with risky ideas is you attract an audience that can be pretty loyal to your cause. I will be here for many years to come, through the bad and good.

Keep it up!

No one knows yet. There have only been four classes revealed thus far, which you can view on the classes page. There have also been four other classes someone kinda leaked from a preview which are the Champion, Shaman, Warlock, and Assassin. Then there are the earliest revealed classes (which may no longer exist) which are the Necromancer and Berserker. No druids in sight but I wouldn't count one out... or in. Gotta stick around and see.

If Trion's looking into such staple classes as the Warlock and Assassin, I'd be willing to bet there will be some sort of Druid type eventually.

Welcome to the community forums!
    "...And there it sat, gleaming in the baking sun like a pitcher of water atop the tallest dune of sand." - S.S.S.

I love druids.

But I'd love to see a druid class with more plant stuff as well as animals.Usually the most you ever get is a vine-root and a thorns damage reflection buff shield.

It's a fantasy game...what fantasy game isnt complete without a Druid class?!?

=)

I think it would be neat to see the Druid class be involved somehow with the "plane of life." Epic flowery-monster transformation anybody?

I'd put my money on druid being a healer/offensive caster hybrid. More so the EQ1 implementation than WoW or so. or I guess the EQ2 fury.
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I donít know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I donít want to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Narelius View Post
    I think it would be neat to see the Druid class be involved somehow with the "plane of life." Epic flowery-monster transformation anybody?
    The power of hay fever...in the palm of my hands.
    "...And there it sat, gleaming in the baking sun like a pitcher of water atop the tallest dune of sand." - S.S.S.

Soulwalker

haha win, I totally agree. Although i'm not sure if we will see a druid class in Telara. Hopefully its something that they will implement.

Plane Touched

I've only played a druid in Vanguard where the class is primarily dps with benefits. It'd be interesting to have a druid class that actually had to think and change its actions with each different kind of rift ... hehe, like if a rift from Plane of Death opened up, any spells of life would get debuffed and the druid would have to scramble to figure out how to be of use against Death. That'd be a bit entertaining.

I would also hope that if there was going to be a druid class that it would turn out to become a hybrid healer / caster, however I can't help but see some kind of link between a druid and an elementalist maybe there is a little bit of druid in there maybe an elementalist can spec for a druid. Or maybe there is a separate druid class alltogether.

Regards,
    Kalbuir

I hope there are, Cuddlez. I do not play them myself. Yet, I have seen others get a great deal of enjoyment in playing a druid.So, let hope they have them there.

Soulwalker

when I played WOW I had a Paladin, Warrior & Hunter. Always wanted to play as a druid but just didnt' enjoy the gameplay they offered (i thought boomkin DPS was boring), tree healing was ok (but i already had a pally healer which i preffered) and being a tank in bear form was a constant struggle for aggro.

So yeah, i'm really hoping for a Druid class that is really well done.

I'd like to see a druid class that had a lot more situational "green thumb" type abilities. Wouldn't it be awesome to have abilities that used the flora and fauna around you for offense / defense in encounters? Different plants could react to spells differently, and the druid would be much more powerful in wilderness areas or forests. Imagine being able to use the vines or trees around you to grab your enemies or stomp them, or cause the flowers to grow out of control and eat people. What about calling all the squirrels and rabbits close by to come and attack the baddies or protect your group? Maybe it could be one specialization, so the druid could also follow the shape-changing type path for better indoor skills.
    "Behind this mask, there's an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V for Vendetta

forums - Fozzik's Hardware
    blog - The Last Bastion

Fozzik: Definitely. The whole tree-hugging aspect of druids could really be explored with Rift, further than it has been before (though it'll have to pull something special off, as GW2 looks to be doing a fine job in the nature department!). I was never a fan of shapeshifting for druids. A druid to my mind has always been a sort of occult protector of the land and both parties (druid and land) gain mutual benefits from their relationship. The land is protected and worshipped and in turn the druids gain individual power, and I'd like to see this more bloodthirsty side of druids (i.e. the truer side) in Rift.
    i <3 tbroc

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast