+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A good PVP class?

Default A good PVP class?

Hi there i need some advice about classes.

Im thinking about rolling:

Marksman/Ranger/xxxxxxxxx

I have heard that its a great combo in PVE. But how is it in PVP? as PVP will be my main focus, i need a class that is not totally gimped in PVP

What would the best 3rd soul be? and if this class sucks at PVP what other classes can you recommend.

The "Bomb Cleric" looks pretty damn nice PVE wise, but then again what about PVP

thanks in advance
    Last edited by snubi; 01-25-2011 at 07:23 AM.

Thats really hard to determin at this point as nobody is or can be max level yet. Thats really when it matters so your going to just have to wait for people to tell you, which will take awhile or pick something and go with it. Personaly wiht the PVP souls, every class combination should beable to hold their own. Some will be better than others but i see this game being very balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiveht View Post
    Thats really hard to determin at this point as nobody is or can be max level yet. Thats really when it matters so your going to just have to wait for people to tell you, which will take awhile or pick something and go with it. Personaly wiht the PVP souls, every class combination should beable to hold their own. Some will be better than others but i see this game being very balanced.
    I understand that but at the games current state is the marksman/ranger/xxxx combo a viable way to go in PVP?

Quote Originally Posted by snubi View Post
    I understand that but at the games current state is the marksman/ranger/xxxx combo a viable way to go in PVP?
    Depends what exact build you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadar View Post
    Depends what exact build you are talking about.
    Well that, i dont know yet, i have just been looking at some vids on youtube, and the class looks fun

Quote Originally Posted by snubi View Post
    I could see that go well with Sab being your third soul to use the slow bomb. Kitting ftw with the souls you picked.

take any cookie cutter build you want, but if you want an over powered soul, there will always be atleast one hard counter that will you own you everytime. Just enjoy the game and figure out what works for you, if all you want is to download a build, it will always be a couple days late. Read my sig...
    Last edited by Oberyom; 01-25-2011 at 08:16 AM.

http://www.mimguild.com or http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...rianced-Gamers
    The more the flavor of the month becomes popular the more the flavor of next week will pwn. There will always be the clueless, the followers, and the innovators.

It sounds like your looking for the soul that is OP / will tear up everyone else at the moment. While it is true that MM / Ranger is rather powerful single target (chances are it may get toned down a little), my advice would be to play one of the other types and test them out / give feedback. Or try them with another mix (MM / Saboteur, just as an example).

This is a Beta still, and we need to get in all the testing and feedback we can, so the devs can try and get everything as balanced as possible before release. We sometimes forget our part and just play the game as if its already released, not contributing.

In addition to what other have said I would only add that changes are still being made, with the fact that we cant hit the max level and test ALL skills right now, its just a waiting game.

"The Angel of Death is the Invisible Angel of Life"

+ Reply to Thread