+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm looking forward to play a Ranger... how about you?

Default I'm looking forward to play a Ranger... how about you?

I absolutely love the ranger design... and the fact that characters can actually wear a quiver (a visible one, unlike many other mmos)
    and bows having a visible string just makes me more excited to play a ranger archer... It's little details like this that makes me the more
    excited to play Rift.

How about you guys? what are your thoughts (or suggestions) for the ranger so far?

Take a peek at this video I found and let me know your opinion...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j6ZK...layer_embedded
    Last edited by dougvieira; 09-16-2010 at 06:23 PM.

Yes I am extremely excited to play ranged dps in the Rogue archetype.

But I think i am leaning more to the Marksman, depending on what the information will be, once its released

Pet's aren't really my thing, so pure ranged Marksman, as soon as it is obtainable!
    Last edited by Xanax; 09-15-2010 at 08:04 PM.

It hasn't had a post in a week, but there is a Ranger thread already. 200 replies, too!

The thread must have put Soul Points into Assassin, as it was hiding on page 2.
    w w w . F A E L O R . c o m
    Administrator of Rift Seekers | [former] Guild Master of <Primal> | Administrator of Halcyon Affinity
    Rift Podcast | Rift Seekers is currently dormant for various reasons, thank you for understanding | Telerapedia

I'm probably gonna stray away from ranged dps, it hasnt worked for me in the past, I'll probably stick to tanking or healing this go around
    I am hopeful for those that wish to play it, that it works well tho, always a fan of rangers, I've decided otherwise this time

Wait, is Ranger the pet soul? I think I'd rather go Marksman if I'm going to use bows. Pets irk me.

Ascendant

That's right Ranges are apparantly going to have an animal pet. By the looks of some of the pet related talents it's probably gonna tank for the Ranger when soloing but I'm just guessing at that.

Been wondering though, what is going to be the other differences between Marksmen and Rangers? There's gotta be more to it than pet vs no-pet.
    Last edited by Kedon; 09-16-2010 at 06:34 AM.

Shadowlander

I have always gone with the Ranger/Hunter class in MMOs since EQ and that will not change with Rift. I also really like pets so I am leaning toward that path. The Marksman also sounds appealing but I just need more info.

I have to admit I am somewhat disappointed that the ranger pet is going to be a summonable pet.

To me it just says the pet is more or less a fluff item. Granted they are the rangers tanking element or stepped up DPS element.

I don't remember where I saw it but in a related thread they had pretty much admitted that the rangers pet at some point is not going to be on par with the ranger themselves or the mobs it will be used against.

This is what has me teatering between Ranger and Marksman on my own choosen build.

If your a ranger as I have been in every MMO I have played sences 1997 . You want a pet that is going to be there though the hole fight not half way through a battle then you realize, Ohh **** where did it go?

That is why I think all pets for all classes aside from the Elemetalist should be " FOUND " pets. As for the elementalist his pets are summonable of a fashion. They should be summoned from their respective elements.

By a" Found " pet I litteraly mean you go out and find a actual mob. you proceed to tame said mob. There should be a risk of failure/ reward involved, if you fail it attacks you. If you succeed you get the pet but you have a new challangein in keeping the new pet and training it.

Once the pet is yours you have to take care of it. A.K.A feed it house it in a stable ect... the longer you keep it the more trust it has twords you and starts becoming a better pet doing as it is told untell it trust you with out question and no longer has to be housed but still has to be fed. Of coarse It will start lvling up with you as soon as you tame it and keep it alive.

Enough about what my personal feeling is on the pet though. As to answer your question I am leaving the option open for Ranger or Marksman. I am most likely going to start out as a Ranger Because my other choices have starting restictions as does the marksman soul.

Nemesis

Quote Originally Posted by Scythras View Post
    Wait, is Ranger the pet soul? I think I'd rather go Marksman if I'm going to use bows. Pets irk me.
    Marksman, is a 'heroic' sole and is not available on character creation. Can't wait for more Marksman information, droooooool.

Quote Originally Posted by Faelor View Post
    It hasn't had a post in a week, but there is a Ranger thread already. 200 replies, too!

The thread must have put Soul Points into Assassin, as it was hiding on page 2.
    LOL... thnx for sharing... it has some good info in there...
    --------------------boom chicka wah waaaw--------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    I have to admit I am somewhat disappointed that the ranger pet is going to be a summonable pet.

To me it just says the pet is more or less a fluff item. Granted they are the rangers tanking element or stepped up DPS element.

I don't remember where I saw it but in a related thread they had pretty much admitted that the rangers pet at some point is not going to be on par with the ranger themselves or the mobs it will be used against.

This is what has me teatering between Ranger and Marksman on my own choosen build.

If your a ranger as I have been in every MMO I have played sences 1997 . You want a pet that is going to be there though the hole fight not half way through a battle then you realize, Ohh **** where did it go?

That is why I think all pets for all classes aside from the Elemetalist should be " FOUND " pets. As for the elementalist his pets are summonable of a fashion. They should be summoned from their respective elements.

By a" Found " pet I litteraly mean you go out and find a actual mob. you proceed to tame said mob. There should be a risk of failure/ reward involved, if you fail it attacks you. If you succeed you get the pet but you have a new challangein in keeping the new pet and training it.

Once the pet is yours you have to take care of it. A.K.A feed it house it in a stable ect... the longer you keep it the more trust it has twords you and starts becoming a better pet doing as it is told untell it trust you with out question and no longer has to be housed but still has to be fed. Of coarse It will start lvling up with you as soon as you tame it and keep it alive.

Enough about what my personal feeling is on the pet though. As to answer your question I am leaving the option open for Ranger or Marksman. I am most likely going to start out as a Ranger Because my other choices have starting restictions as does the marksman soul.

Nemesis
    MMO player since 1997? that means you were in UO... there where no classes back then... if you wanted to be a ranger you would have to build one yourself... with skills such as marksman and animal taming... the thing is that a tamer usually had a bunch of pets at once... lol... I remember seeing people walking around town with animals parades following them... lol

But anyways... I agree with what you have said regarding rangers and pets...
    --------------------boom chicka wah waaaw--------------------

I love the sound of the ranger class its my second choice to the healer class Sentinel be playing. The two class i be playing the most.

+ Reply to Thread