Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Best cleric DPS?

Shadowlander

Default Best cleric DPS?

I'm thinking about going cleric for a Shaman/Justicar build, mainly for pvp. It could work in pve also, maybe just tweaked a bit but i'm not entirely sure.

I'm one of those players who do an even amount of both pve and pvp. I have my pvp spec down, and don't really want to heal in Rift as I got stuck doing it in wow. What's a good cleric dps spec? And could a cleric dps compete with others for the top?
    Last edited by Asy1um; 01-24-2011 at 08:39 PM.

Ascendant

melee cleric damage took a big hit this patch. melee attacks now deal 150% damage in stead of the 200% it was doing.

Shadowlander

i think shaman/justicar build is Great for PvP and PvE i talked my friend into being one after i showed him the soul build overall it is an awseome combination and im not ocmpletely sure what would be the best dps though

Shadowlander

That is a huge hit which is why I asked. I have a Shaman/justicar/druid mix thats great for pvp. But Shaman/justicar seems like it would be more support dps than full dps. I was wondering if there was a different class I could sub justicar or druid out for to make shaman more of a big dps class. Or if there was any cleric pve high dps spec in general.

Shadowlander

So far I've only been playing caster cleric dps. Are the melee specs considerably better?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Asy1um View Post
    That is a huge hit which is why I asked. I have a Shaman/justicar/druid mix thats great for pvp. But Shaman/justicar seems like it would be more support dps than full dps. I was wondering if there was a different class I could sub justicar or druid out for to make shaman more of a big dps class. Or if there was any cleric pve high dps spec in general.
    honestly at 50 i dont expect to get big DPS from any cleric at end game i suspect they will have the worst damage. Low tooltips and lack of modifiers being why.

Shadowlander

Starlight - No idea, I wasn't saying Melee is better for clerics, thats also what I was asking.. I wouldnt mind going caster for pve as long as its high dps.

Jay - Yeah, thats kind of the impression I got, which is why I was asking. Cleric seems to healing/pvp only, was hoping I could grab a sick pvp with a decent dps out of it, but I might have to choose a different class.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Asy1um View Post
    Starlight - No idea, I wasn't saying Melee is better for clerics, thats also what I was asking.. I wouldnt mind going caster for pve as long as its high dps.

Jay - Yeah, thats kind of the impression I got, which is why I was asking. Cleric seems to healing/pvp only, was hoping I could grab a sick pvp with a decent dps out of it, but I might have to choose a different class.
    i think damage will still be decent considering you are combining it with self heals. But bursting down targets like the other 3 arch types wont be possible . Plus i think mages wil eat melee clerics for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    i think damage will still be decent considering you are combining it with self heals. But bursting down targets like the other 3 arch types wont be possible . Plus i think mages wil eat melee clerics for breakfast lunch and dinner.
    Yeah but in pve the self heals are really only for support, but I will lack in dps. I wish there were a decent pve cleric build but I don't see one. But to be honest, I disagree, I think shaman/justicar/druid will beat mages, as long as I can get to them, but with roots from just I will be able to, plus the 2 or 3 snares I get.

Shadowlander

What about a druid main mixed with shaman and something else? Could that be decent dps? With the druid pet having time, they're pretty powerful.

At lower levels Clerics do very good DPS, but obviously scaling issues could arise. Alpha rumors don't bode well, but they could be trolling for all we know.

I definitely see a melee/healer hybrid being boss in PVP. Shaman/Warden hybrid specs look pretty strong on paper with insane mana sustainability and mobile healing. How much damage a DPS cleric can put out at endgame is yet to be seen. Nonetheless I'm really excited to see how such a build might work out.
    Last edited by settledown; 01-24-2011 at 09:50 PM.

Soulwalker

I will personally be going this in Beta V

Battle Cleric
    Shaman/Warden/Sentinel

Shaman = DPS
    Warden = zero point HoT
    Sent = zero point instant heal

From looking at the skill tree it looks like Shaman is win in melee. Not sure about ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranis View Post
    I will personally be going this in Beta V

Battle Cleric
    Shaman/Warden/Sentinel

Shaman = DPS
    Warden = zero point HoT
    Sent = zero point instant heal

From looking at the skill tree it looks like Shaman is win in melee. Not sure about ranged.
    You're going to want a secondary soul worth dropping bonus points in. Bear in mind you're limited on soul point investments based on level, and you get a bonus point every 3 levels.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by settledown View Post
    At lower levels Clerics do very good DPS, but obviously scaling issues could arise. Alpha rumors don't bode well, but they could be trolling for all we know.

I definitely see a melee/healer hybrid being boss in PVP. Shaman/Warden hybrid specs look pretty strong on paper with insane mana sustainability and mobile healing. How much damage a DPS cleric can put out at endgame is yet to be seen. Nonetheless I'm really excited to see how such a build might work out.
    Yeah, as of right now they don't look like they could hold up in DPS end game, but who knows what they change by then. I REALLY want to go cleric for the shaman/just/druid build, but like I said, I atleast want to be able to compete for dps. In wow shams got ****ed with dps too, it was also me trying my hardest even to keep up with people who are hardly trying. I don't know if I want that again, or if I want to go with something else.

Edit: I want the sham/just/druid build for pvp, I'm willing to do any cleric spec for a decent DPS for pve.
    Last edited by Asy1um; 01-24-2011 at 09:59 PM.

i think meele cleric will be doing good enough dmg to be a threat but not sure if he will be having the dps to kill a healer. Alone

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast