+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shaman Appearance and Style.

Default Shaman Appearance and Style.

Was just wondering /thinking how will they look and what's their style. I really hope they wont make them something like Alods( or how u say it ) or EQ or runes of magic did, chain mail armor wielding nature casters... I would love to see real shamans, crazy, with dark/earth magic , armor from branches and leaves and voodoo dolls , maybe a mechanic like pirates of Caribbean online? where u could bind the soul of ur target to a doll and heal it or damage it and stuff like that would be more interesting , but oh god i hope no plate armor or gigantic hammers and shield, let em be what they were , witches and wizards of the wild ( i know DA:O) but still.. just like WAR and WoW did them but ofc different way ( i know i know shouldnt compare all to wow ) but i hope you know what i mean .!

You can look up their abilities here. No voodoo dolls in sight, sorry.

As far as looks are concerned, you are likely to see giant hammers and chain mail aplenty. Sorry again. I don't believe there is much armor that is class-specific, only archetype-specific and Clerics wear chainmail and tend to look very warrior-like.

I picture these more as burly protector of nature shamans compared to the other more 'primitive crazy voodoo' shaman.

More along the lines of this:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/PH2/5.jpg
    Behold the turtle of enormous girth, on his shell he holds the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Butr0sButr0s View Post
    I picture these more as burly protector of nature shamans compared to the other more 'primitive crazy voodoo' shaman.

More along the lines of this:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/PH2/5.jpg
    that is still nice but i so dont like when they go out or origin of shaman in some games, but the again who am i to tell what shaman means to them .. for god sake we will soon see warriors in robes throwing books ! such a shame.. i guess i wont have shaman soul after all lol !

No idea about in general, but I am assuming (and hoping) that the Dwarf Shaman (what I plan to play) is going to look like the concept art for the Dwarf with the sweet staff with dangly things all over it. When I think shaman I think gruff old mystic. A hermit who lives in the woods with his sweet beard and practices earth and elemental magic. That's what I'm going for with my character.

I'm not really fond of the whole totem and voodoo doll thing that WoW and the like did with it. That seems like it would be more aimed towards the Purifier or Inquisitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythras View Post
    No idea about in general, but I am assuming (and hoping) that the Dwarf Shaman (what I plan to play) is going to look like the concept art for the Dwarf with the sweet staff with dangly things all over it. When I think shaman I think gruff old mystic. A hermit who lives in the woods with his sweet beard and practices earth and elemental magic. That's what I'm going for with my character.

I'm not really fond of the whole totem and voodoo doll thing that WoW and the like did with it. That seems like it would be more aimed towards the Purifier or Inquisitor.
    But tbh actually IRL ----> this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamanism .. really shamans are the one who contact spirits of elements, or dead. still ur concept is what i meant as well, mystic, in woods, swamp... but all of the shamans in lore have all sort of magical items ergo voodoo dolls , staffs, dram catchers, all sorts of stuff

They're usually fairly muddy and dirty too as they are one with the Earth (in native tales).

I want my Shaman to be earthly and have his/her armor look like it was built from nature. I like that pic above but I dislike the idea of Dwarves being Shaman's as they seem a bit picky/industrial to be one with anything other than there own lives.

Since they are supposedly the most melee oriented of the Clerics, my hope is that they will be dark, mysterious, and prone to good amounts of damage.
    Shagroth, GM of Myth

a Belmont Guardian Guild
    http://www.Myth-Guild.net

Quote Originally Posted by Shagroth View Post
    They're usually fairly muddy and dirty too as they are one with the Earth (in native tales).

I want my Shaman to be earthly and have his/her armor look like it was built from nature. I like that pic above but I dislike the idea of Dwarves being Shaman's as they seem a bit picky/industrial to be one with anything other than there own lives.

Since they are supposedly the most melee oriented of the Clerics, my hope is that they will be dark, mysterious, and prone to good amounts of damage.
    That's exactly why I'm going to be playing a Dwarf shaman. After the incident at Hammerknell when the Dwarves were left homeless, many wandered around Telara for years and took shelter with the various other races in exchange for crafting. I'm making my character someone who didn't, dare I say, "sell out" for a place to live. Someone who rejected technology after what happened with Hammerknell and vowed never to have anything to do with crafting machines ever again. Someone who left on his own and went to go live in the woods as a hermit, using his advanced knowledge to comprehend and control the elements, as well as using his Dwarven might to bash peoples' skulls in with his staff. That's my plan, I'll think more about it when more lore about the shaman is released but I'm most likely going to play as a gruff old loner anyway so this kinda works.

That's exactly why I'm going to be playing a Dwarf shaman. After the incident at Hammerknell when the Dwarves were left homeless, many wandered around Telara for years and took shelter with the various other races in exchange for crafting. I'm making my character someone who didn't, dare I say, "sell out" for a place to live. Someone who rejected technology after what happened with Hammerknell and vowed never to have anything to do with crafting machines ever again. Someone who left on his own and went to go live in the woods as a hermit, using his advanced knowledge to comprehend and control the elements, as well as using his Dwarven might to bash peoples' skulls in with his staff. That's my plan, I'll think more about it when more lore about the shaman is released but I'm most likely going to play as a gruff old loner anyway so this kinda works.
    Dare I say that you've managed to peak my interest in how you took the lore given and crafted out a great character idea from it. That sounds pretty awesome dude/dudette.

I like that. I'm definitely enjoying the idea of Shammy in text form but I'd love to see some physical shots of armor, weapons, etc.

I'm probably going to be a Eth Shammy/Warden mixture but I am still wondering how souls classes will change the look of your character/armor - I'm seriously hoping that eventually, Trion adds some kind of look/style to each soul (which ever is dominant changes your look).

I really just want to see a earthly, dark, and mystic looking Shaman who can handle himself/herself in a battle.
    Shagroth, GM of Myth

a Belmont Guardian Guild

I like that they're doing Shamans, I liked them in EQ, they were fun and useful even if not the best healers in the entire game... but they were sure more fun to level than a cleric haha :] I hope(d) that they'd have done a druid too... Druids are my favorite because of the whole in tune with nature thing and shapeshifting is always fun... even in D2. :]

Dare I say that you've managed to peak my interest in how you took the lore given and crafted out a great character idea from it. That sounds pretty awesome dude/dudette.

I like that. I'm definitely enjoying the idea of Shammy in text form but I'd love to see some physical shots of armor, weapons, etc.

I'm probably going to be a Eth Shammy/Warden mixture but I am still wondering how souls classes will change the look of your character/armor - I'm seriously hoping that eventually, Trion adds some kind of look/style to each soul (which ever is dominant changes your look).

I really just want to see a earthly, dark, and mystic looking Shaman who can handle himself/herself in a battle.
    It may not work on a large scale for dwarves though, I'll agree with that, as a lot of shamans are typically large figureheads in a lot of societies rather than hermits who live on their own, so I don't know how the majority of dwarf shamans will play their characters but I guess not everyone is a roleplayer!

I'm also planning on going shaman/warden since the warden tree seems a lot more "earthy" (well, water anyway, but close enough) than the sentinel who seems more like a holy warrior healer. Plus warden seems to be a HoT healer which I enjoy. It would also work well with a druid I think.

I agree on the visual styles, but I think they already have incorporated that a bit. I mean, look at the armors on the class screens. Sentinels look much different from purifiers, and they seem to be the only clerics so far who can use a shield and heavy armor. Reavers also look much different than champions. I have no idea the extent of the differentiation but I'm sure it'll definitely be there in some form as it already seems to be. I'm really waiting on the class reveal for the shaman, druid and warden though, just to see what their "armor" looks like.

What I assume is going to happen is, certain gear will look a certain way depending on what soul it's geared towards. It may not be mandatory that you are that soul in order to use the gear, but pure warden armor might be a lot different than pure shaman armor. One might add to water healing spells and one might add to physical damage. You'll probably be able to wear it no matter what soul you are as long as you are a cleric, but a set of physical damage armor that might have +spells in the shaman tree is most likely going to look like something a shaman would wear. That's my hope anyway but it makes sense.

Look at the necromancer specifically. His armor makes him look like nothing BUT a necromancer. It couldn't really be anything else. So I assume that armor that has stats that are specifically geared towards necromancers and add to necromancer skills will look like necromancer armor.

It may not work on a large scale for dwarves though, I'll agree with that, as a lot of shamans are typically large figureheads in a lot of societies rather than hermits who live on their own, so I don't know how the majority of dwarf shamans will play their characters but I guess not everyone is a roleplayer!

I'm also planning on going shaman/warden since the warden tree seems a lot more "earthy" (well, water anyway, but close enough) than the sentinel who seems more like a holy warrior healer. Plus warden seems to be a HoT healer which I enjoy. It would also work well with a druid I think.

I agree on the visual styles, but I think they already have incorporated that a bit. I mean, look at the armors on the class screens. Sentinels look much different from purifiers, and they seem to be the only clerics so far who can use a shield and heavy armor. Reavers also look much different than champions. I have no idea the extent of the differentiation but I'm sure it'll definitely be there in some form as it already seems to be. I'm really waiting on the class reveal for the shaman, druid and warden though, just to see what their "armor" looks like.

What I assume is going to happen is, certain gear will look a certain way depending on what soul it's geared towards. It may not be mandatory that you are that soul in order to use the gear, but pure warden armor might be a lot different than pure shaman armor. One might add to water healing spells and one might add to physical damage. You'll probably be able to wear it no matter what soul you are as long as you are a cleric, but a set of physical damage armor that might have +spells in the shaman tree is most likely going to look like something a shaman would wear. That's my hope anyway but it makes sense.

Look at the necromancer specifically. His armor makes him look like nothing BUT a necromancer. It couldn't really be anything else. So I assume that armor that has stats that are specifically geared towards necromancers and add to necromancer skills will look like necromancer armor.
    ^^ that god i hop that!!! i mean yeah t would be lets say just like WoW ... when u have different specialization's, like shadow priest and holy/disc priest. They have the same tier but 2 different armors , not different in looks ( well a bit) but still 2 different sets in 1 tier so yeah.. ! tho there are quite a few souls there ... so... we see how they do this..

Yeah, I see your point - I hope you're correct!

Quote Originally Posted by Duneadah View Post
    ^^ that god i hop that!!! i mean yeah t would be lets say just like WoW ... when u have different specialization's, like shadow priest and holy/disc priest. They have the same tier but 2 different armors , not different in looks ( well a bit) but still 2 different sets in 1 tier so yeah.. ! tho there are quite a few souls there ... so... we see how they do this..
    Yeah that setup sounds nice. I was hoping that when you switch your soul class the armor changes as well in real time. Like if I was a "Void Knight" who switched to a primarily "Pally" build my decayed dark armor would regain its luster and become like platinum and shiny or something like that. I would love to see a real time shift in your look - a noticable look difference is really my favorite type of fluff.
    Shagroth, GM of Myth

a Belmont Guardian Guild

As long as I can use a big *** 2h and I dont have to wear a dress I will be happy.

Yeah that setup sounds nice. I was hoping that when you switch your soul class the armor changes as well in real time. Like if I was a "Void Knight" who switched to a primarily "Pally" build my decayed dark armor would regain its luster and become like platinum and shiny or something like that. I would love to see a real time shift in your look - a noticable look difference is really my favorite type of fluff.
    Haha that sounds very cool actually but I somehow think we're a little outside the realm of possibility for that one, but you never know. What I DO see possible is having some sort of "wardrobe" system that switches your gear instantly as you switch between your 4 specs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast