+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dps/hps"goals"

Rift Master

Default dps/hps"goals"

There has been a fair amount of conversation about your goals. Is there any chance you could publicly release your goals of what you are trying to accomplish?

There's been conflicting statements about what some of the goals are.

Clerics for example, it has been said they do not intend for clerics to do less dps, then another interview says do not be surprised if in raid environments clerics do a bit less.

While I don't agree with it, I've come to terms with clerics doing less.

I think we deserve to see what your actual goals are, especially before SL goes live and our character choices are pretty set in stone. Granted your goals may change or be adjusted, but it would be greatly appreciated if you made your goals public so players can make an educated choice on their class going forward.

Thanks for reading.

Daglar has already said that they won't release the goals.

The stated goal is that similar roles should produce similar results. The actual goals are something entirely different and will not be revealed.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Daglar has already said that they won't release the goals.
    Thx was unaware this was stated.. no idea why this info would be held back though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nooblet View Post
    Thx was unaware this was stated.. no idea why this info would be held back though.
    Because this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Posting exact numbers won't happen. Things never line up exactly with what a spreadsheet asks you to do. People will always find a way to exceed them, or come in far under by playing in certain ways.

~Daglar

Rift Master

All I heard was: we don't want to upset people because we told them they would be balanced.

I don't even care about exact numbers.. I'll take percentages. Are you trying to put clerics within 5% 10% 20% of other dps? I mean really it's obvious you are content with leaving them behind, I'd just like to know by how much.
    Last edited by Nooblet; 11-05-2012 at 09:19 PM.

I don't even care about exact numbers.. I'll take percentages. Are you trying to put clerics within 5% 10% 20% of other dps? I mean really it's obvious you are content with leaving them behind, I'd just like to know by how much.
    They're working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Hey guys, there is a lot of speculation out there right now, I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

There are a lot of numbers being thrown around based on what people saw on PTS, or what they saw some guy in unknown gear and unknown buffs pulled on a dummy that might have additional debuffs on it.

It is certainly possible that there are damage values that are not perfect, strange unaccounted for builds, talents not functioning as expected etc. There may be combinations or issues that result in certain other classes or callings doing to much damage - there may be combinations or issues that result in other callings doing too little.

We'll be watching and we'll adjust things as needed as things are proven with data and testing. We always appreciate real data points from the community, parses, etc, with as much information about buffs and debuffs on the target as possible.

~Daglar

Ascendant

All I heard was: we don't want to upset people because we told them they would be balanced.

If you don't believe their statement about all roles being fairly equivalent to each other in terms of ability, why would you believe whatever percentage they offered? You shouldn't complain for the sake of complaining.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    They're working on it.
    They've been "working" on it for a while now. I wouldn't be worried if they were tweaking clerics more, but they aren't. They seem content with where clerics are.
    Last edited by Nooblet; 11-06-2012 at 04:24 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    If you don't believe their statement about all roles being fairly equivalent to each other in terms of ability, why would you believe whatever percentage they offered? You shouldn't complain for the sake of complaining.
    It works for warriors.

Rift Master

Check out my new signature bros!

Who would you believe?
    Last edited by Nooblet; 11-06-2012 at 04:55 AM.

Plane Walker

I'm content with waiting until 60 to see what we have at that point.
    Akx - Blackout@Deepwood
    http://riftblackout.com

+ Reply to Thread