+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else planning on keeping a common soul between builds?

Default Anyone else planning on keeping a common soul between builds?

Flexibility is great, but I'm still coming to terms with losing the class part of my character's 'identity'. Is anyone else thinking of keeping a common soul in all/most of their builds for a theme for your character, or do you see yourself creating 4 very distinct builds?

Or am I just too stuck in my ways?

I plan to keep a main soul and use a couple other variation builds to swap out for certain situations, but I'm pretty sure they'll all be based around the same main soul.
    The Black Company
    Of. By. For.

I think it will all come down to what kind of learning curve there is when switching between classes. Players that struggle to adapt might be more inclined to have a "core" class while others might have no trouble with the change.

If you just simply wanted to know if I would feel "loyalty" to one class over the others, then nope.

I plan on having a core class, myself. I might have builds without that class, but I'll always have one or two that revolve around it. Even if I need to respec my other builds every other day. I did it with my druid in WoW...can do it again here.

I think until tested I will always have my cleric calling with a Warden soul. The HoT always comes in handy regardless of the situation - it keeps the speed at which one has to heal to a minimum and solo wise its really helpful when you're trying to do more damage than healing.

Please note EDIT:

This is speculating that the Warden Class is available from the get go and not unlocked or found later in the game.
    Shagroth, GM of Myth

a Belmont Guardian Guild
    http://www.Myth-Guild.net

Your cleric choices at character creation will be Inquisitor and either Purifier or Sentinel depending on your Faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilith View Post
    Your cleric choices at character creation will be Inquisitor and either Purifier or Sentinel depending on your Faction.
    Now that you've ruined the game for me perhaps you should find a nice cliff to jump off?

Jokes aside that's sad - but hey, my Warden thing still stands, I'll just have to find out how to get it now

Thanks for the Info there Xili
    Shagroth, GM of Myth

a Belmont Guardian Guild
    http://www.Myth-Guild.net

I look forward to not having the same soul in all my builds. it is kinda my hope that the different parts of the game,Solo, grouping, Raiding, PvP will call for different builds.

I'm not to sure that four roles (builds) will be enough to cover the different ways to play each calling in different settings.
    I think if I always had the same one or two souls in every build that would be disappointing to me.

But who knows. I'm an incurable alt-aholic that wants different all the time

I probably will. I'm enough of a role player that I'd feel really weird about having completely disjoint abilities between builds.

"Yeah, when I solo, I'm constantly summoning pets, applying DOTs, and healing myself. But I completely forget how to do any of it when I'm around other people, I end up just nuking stuff instead, which I can never remember how to do when I'm alone. "

I am pretty sure i'll keep a pally as my main build in all of mine, assuming I dont go with a healer instead.

I'm planning on having:
    Pure Assassin or Assassin/Marksman(maybe saboteur) for pvp
    Pure Assassin or Assassin/Marksman(maybe saboteur) for pve dps
    Pure Marksman or Marksman/Ranger for stuck at range type situations.

I've heard conflicting reports of 3 and 4 role slots. If there's another slot, it'll be either a situational variant of my dps build or a tanking build involving Assassin/Riftstalker (if the riftstalker is a tank like I've heard)

Essentially, I want all my builds to be some sort of Assassin build. Unfortunately, I don't think I can work it into my ranged build for non-melee friendly situations.

Mine will probably be Druid but I wont know for sure until I am playing.

Im probably going to stick with the purifier as calling base, add druid and then bounce what ever off those two alternately.

Sentinel or Warden will be my root soul and will build upon that as I progress.
    Last edited by Valdur; 09-10-2010 at 11:49 PM.

Ascendant

I am either going to roll a tank or a cleric, depending on what I am seeing within my guild. In Aion, we had a shortage of tanks so I might roll one this time.

I probably will go Reaver for tanking in PVE, but may go something entirely different for PVP. Depending on how things pan out, may switch to Paladin or something, but I got the impression the Reaver was pretty tanky. I have no loyalty to my original class choice, I have much more concern with having fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast