+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rogue: Stealth Mechanic

Default Rogue: Stealth Mechanic

I have yet to even hear it mentioned at this point.
    Have I missed something?
    I am not taking for granted that the stealth mechanic will be in the game. I just do not know.

Any inside infromation on this would be ~Win!

*for the record, im PRO Stealth*

Nightblades and Assassins can stealth. AFAIK, Nightblade stealth has a duration and Assassin's does not.
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I donít know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I donít want to answer.

This thread can fade to black.....
    Thank you for the quick reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    This thread can fade to black.....
    Thank you for the quick reply.
    |------------------------|------------------------|
    |-------0----------------|-------0----------------|
    |----4-----4-----4-----4-|----4-----4-----4-----4-|
    |-2-----------2-----5----|-0-----------0-----5----|

|-------0----------------|-------2----------------|
    |----4-----4-----4-----4-|----2-----2-----2-----2-|
    |-2-----------2-----5----|-4-----------4-----0----|

Sorry I had to...
    Shagroth, GM of Myth

a Belmont Guardian Guild
    http://www.Myth-Guild.net

Actually both the nightblade and the assassin have a duration on their stealth, 30 seconds, but the assassin can spend a point to allow stealth to remain active until canceled. You can find more info in the assassin soul tree threads below.

Now I have to make an assassin.

I'd like to see a shadow step style mechanic. A teleport + stealth that puts you behind your target and makes you invis for 3 seconds. One you attack you appear.

Or something like a warrior's charge ability except you rush up to your target and are stealthed up until you reach your target. And it can add 2 combo points.
    Last edited by fangGWJ; 09-10-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindair View Post
    Actually both the nightblade and the assassin have a duration on their stealth, 30 seconds, but the assassin can spend a point to allow stealth to remain active until canceled. You can find more info in the assassin soul tree threads below.

Now I have to make an assassin.
    you are correct, but its not A POINT, it is 21 points, the talent for perma stealth requires 20 points invested in the assassin soultree
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

Quote Originally Posted by fangGWJ View Post
    I'd like to see a shadow step style mechanic. A teleport + stealth that puts you behind your target and makes you invis for 3 seconds. One you attack you appear.

Or something like a warrior's charge ability except you rush up to your target and are stealthed up until you reach your target. And it can add 2 combo points.
    That's be awesome - SWTOR has their stealth class doing that in a way you appear behind the target and stun him/back stab with whatever weirdo weapons they have. I'd like to see an Eastern stealth element added to the game (Ninjas).
    Shagroth, GM of Myth

a Belmont Guardian Guild
    http://www.Myth-Guild.net

I loved the way VG did stealth for the rogues...basically you stayed invis until you took damage . If you crit and got all your abilities off, you could drop off a ledge behind a solo boss surrounded by guards and kill it and not even draw the attention of the guards or come up and take out a player in PVP...a true assassin, kills and not even detected!

Quote Originally Posted by g0kuenuan View Post
    you are correct, but its not A POINT, it is 21 points, the talent for perma stealth requires 20 points invested in the assassin soultree
    I wasn't sure how deep it was, had only seen the ability the other time when I opened the page before and didn't know how many points were required to spend to collect it. I just wanted to point out that it was not an auto include in the ability you get from the root.

The root abilities are the same for nightblade and assassin as far as I can see at least. The assassin has more options to improve stealth, while the nightblade has other options to spend points on.

But 21 points, that means at least a 21 build in assassin to remains stealthed for a long time.

What you are describing sounds like one of the Riftstalker abilities except you don't stealth after the shadow step. Autochthon posted a video of Shadowstepping. Quote below from the Riftstalker Class?? thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Autochthon View Post
    I played around with a level 30, "all-in" Riftstalker build for about 15 minutes or so at PAX. Judging from what I saw, there was a large emphasis on survivability. Finishers that did damage to the enemy and boosted your armor, finishers that absorbed incoming damage. They also have an AoE or two.

But they also had several abilities that just scream "rogue". The Riftstalker has a pair of abilities that teleport him behind his target. One simply does just that, the other does that and a backstab. Both are on separate cooldowns. My Riftstalker also had an ability to teleport to a chosen location within 15 meters as well as a blink like ability. It was rather fun to be teleporting all over the place during a fight.

It's not much, but here's a short video, it shows off my Riftstalker "shadowstepping" up to a couple of spiders and cycling through a couple of the attacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2zgvj1zEkk
    The Black Company
    Of. By. For.

Rift Disciple

This would be pretty cool. DAoC had a mechanic similar to this if you specced for it. It took 10 seconds to go off and your target had to stay within a certain range.

IB

Quote Originally Posted by Shagroth View Post
    |-------0----------------|-------0----------------|
    |----4-----4-----4-----4-|----4-----4-----4-----4-|
    |-2-----------2-----5----|-0-----------0-----5----|

|-------0----------------|-------2----------------|
    |----4-----4-----4-----4-|----2-----2-----2-----2-|
    |-2-----------2-----5----|-4-----------4-----0----|

Sorry I had to...
    what song is this?
    --------------------boom chicka wah waaaw--------------------

As long as you can not go stealth in plain sight (i.e. vanish when someone has LoS to you) then I'm fine with whatever. AoC's stealth classes are just ridonkulous with how they can stealth when rubbing shoulders with you. Pretty stupid. No, extremely stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dougvieira View Post
    what song is this?
    That would be Fade to Black.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    As long as you can not go stealth in plain sight (i.e. vanish when someone has LoS to you) then I'm fine with whatever. AoC's stealth classes are just ridonkulous with how they can stealth when rubbing shoulders with you. Pretty stupid. No, extremely stupid.

That would be Fade to Black.
    Sorry Mercury, Assassins have a skill called "Slip Away" that is instant vansih. And a skill further up the branch that allows you to take damage without breaking stealth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast