Default Elementalist soul tree

And one more mage class soul tree:

http://www.nemesis-gilde.net/forum/w...&threadID=1195
    ELDER of TELARA

Proud member of NEMESIS

Quote Originally Posted by Caracarn View Post
    thank you
    very carefully noted, everything is noted, even cooldowns and mana , gg
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

I just want to see what these elementals look like. I'm really hoping for something along the lines of Everquest (Magician) or Dark Age of Camelot (Theurgist).

I loved how each elemental did something different - I can see from the tree that they're taking that path but I wonder if they'll be strong single creatures (EQ) or crazy little monkeys that run around and bash things (DAoC).
    Shagroth, GM of Myth

a Belmont Guardian Guild
    http://www.Myth-Guild.net

Official Rift Fan Site Operator Ciovala's Avatar

Glad you guys got that one- thanks a lot.

A wiki is only as good as its contributors won't you help?
    The original Rift Wiki - EN DE FR
    [Add a guild] [Add an Item] [Add a Quest]

Wondering if anyone knows...

Do pets scale with level? I see where Earth pet max level is listed at 3. Air is set at 17 max?
    Does that mean at per say 20th lvl my earth pet would only be level 3?
    Guess I'll have to wait and see

I did not see a fire elemental listed either, except the 51 point swarm of em.

BLOODPACT MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Mellerik View Post

Do pets scale with level? I see where Earth pet max level is listed at 3. Air is set at 17 max?

That would be a very strange class indeed if your air pet was always stronger than earth. I mean to the elemental degree:

Air is stronger than Earth but still. The cycle has always stood at - Air beats Earth beats Water beats Fire beats Air (Unless you go with the classical Greek in which case - Air beats Water beats Earth beats Fire beats Air).

It would be strange if your Earth pet was useless after a certain level wouldn't?

I figured they'd go with the classical approach:

Earth - Root pet that has high HP
    Air - Stun pet with high DPS
    Fire - High DPS pet with DS
    Water - High Evasion pet with DoTs

Who knows. Actually I didn't see a Fire Elemental...
    Shagroth, GM of Myth

a Belmont Guardian Guild
    http://www.Myth-Guild.net

Soulwalker

Default Eq1

Loved my lil gnome mage from eq1

Thank you - much appreciated - and so won't my secondary mage
    Veteran MMORPG Player for 10 years. Played almost all of them at one point. Played variety of races and classes and am good at most of them also.

This is just a guess here but the abilities listed are the rank 1 versions of those spells. I'm guessing that when you go to a trainer and get a higher rank version of the pet summon spells that would increase the max level of the pet. Just a guess but I would think it would have some effect on the level of pet. We'll see.

Telaran

*sigh* So it's official that Elementalist will be just another Aion spiritmaster, what a letdown...

10 self buffs, from which multiple increase spell critical rate
    3 curses
    5 pet buffs Which all are weaker than the self buffs (except one, see below)
    3 direct damage nukes
    3 DoTs

And some skills that I want to point out (if you still had any doubt that this is not a pet class):

Sacrifice - Sacrifices the caster's summoned elemental, draining it of its power and healing the caster

If the class depended on the pet, it would not be able to do this

Intensify Elements - Strengthens your summoned elemental, increasing the damage it deals by 100% and increases your elemental damage by 50% for the next 20 seconds

If the pets did good dps by default, this skill would not exist (it would make them way to strong).

So what it comes all down to is a DoT/Nuker class with a whole bunch of self buffs (mostly critical rate) and direct damage nukes, where the pet serves as an emergency HP pool, and not much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellerik View Post

there must be more to it.
    At 25 points into tree, we get this spell

Planar Expansion
    Ranks: 5
    Increases your Air and Fire Elemental's damage by 10%
    Increases your Water Elemental's Ice Bolt Snare effect by 20%
    Increases your Air Elemental's Electrify damage bonus by 1%
    Gives your Earth Elemental's Thud a 5% chance to stun the target for 2 seconds
    Requires Force of Nature Rank 5
    (credit to Nemesis Guild)

if the earth pet stops at lvl 3 seems like this spell is a bit useless. the earth pet part anyway.
    Last edited by Gorezin; 09-10-2010 at 07:03 PM.

You need that talent point that makes your summons into 'Greater' summons, at which point they can go to max level, or that's what I got from my glance at the tree.

Champion of Telara Nightbringer's Avatar

Outside of Raiding and PvP, it look like the optimal build for the elementalist is going to be at 38 points (unless the 51 pt root ability is something special)

Given that, it looks like a basic elementalist build is going to look something like:

Biting Cold:..................................5 ..........5....................................... .. Crystalline Missiles
    Elemental link...............................5 ..........10...................................... .. Summon: Lesser Earth Elemental
    Ice Shield....................................1 ..........11...................................... .. Lightining Strike
    Exposure.....................................1 ...........12..................................... ... Stone Armor
    Tempest......................................5 ..........17...................................... .. Elemental Focus
    Improved Quicken Elements............2 ..........19...................................... .. Ignite
    Weathered...................................5 ..........24...................................... .. Encase
    Force of Nature.............................5 ..........29...................................... .. Summon: Lesser Air Elemental
    Greater Elemental Affinity...............1 ..........30...................................... .. Burning Ground
    Fiery Assault.................................1 ..........31...................................... .. Quicken Elements
    Synergize.....................................1 ..........32...................................... .. Fast Summon
    Planer Expansion............................5 ..........37...................................... .. Icy Gale
    Intensify Elements.........................1 ...........38..................................... ... Summon: Greater Water Elemental
    .................................................. .................................................. ..... Channel Elements
    .................................................. .................................................. ..... Elemental armor
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 09-11-2010 at 12:35 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Azren View Post
    If the class depended on the pet, it would not be able to do this

Intensify Elements - Strengthens your summoned elemental, increasing the damage it deals by 100% and increases your elemental damage by 50% for the next 20 seconds

If the pets did good dps by default, this skill would not exist (it would make them way to strong).

So what it comes all down to is a DoT/Nuker class with a whole bunch of self buffs (mostly critical rate) and direct damage nukes, where the pet serves as an emergency HP pool, and not much more.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you have never played a Conjuror in EQ2.

A Conjuror in EQ2 has a spell like Intensify Elements called Planeshift, when planeshift is down, my pet does about 35-40% of my total DPS. When Planeshift is up my pet does 55-60% of my total DPS.

As with the pet sacrificing ability, that was also in EQ2 for Conjuror, but was essentially useless unless you were about to wipe a group, useless solo and in raids for the most part. That is one ability I will probably spec away from unless it's absolutely necessary.

Don't get frustrated until you actually know the balance within the class.

Champion of Telara Nightbringer's Avatar

Given the above, an elementalist could use his last 13 points to define his personal capabilities. For example, a 13 point investment in Pyromancer would result in greater nuking capabilities than investing the points in Elementalist nukes.

It will really come down to one question with the pyromancer though: do the fire augmentation abilities of the two classes stack, and do they apply to each others fire spells?

As currently stands with the soul trees, 13 points in Warlock could certainly be invested in giving the elementalist a respectable life tap ability for self healing, but I am wondering if a Chloromancer might not be a better choice.

What I am really waiting for is the other 5 mage souls, specifically, if any of them has a strong buffing, de-buffing, or healing ability. It this pans out, I will be looking at 3 builds:

Elementalist 38 / nuker 13
    Elementalist 38 / healer 13
    Elementalist 38 / utility 13

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast