+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Shaman

Default The Shaman

Damn, I'm sitting here reading the shaman abilities and it looks like it's going to be a freaking crusher!

http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Shaman_abilities
    GeeksNGamers.com- Get Plugged In!

Shadowlander

man I think justicar/shaman/purifier is gonna be awesome!

Looks like it could be a good solo class as it supports itself pretty well.
    Decamayter - QFT

If absolute knowledge is knowing that you know absolutly nothing then I'm a genious

Default The Shaman

Hi,
    I personally Don't really like the sound of this build, I think the Shaman should be more spirit based, Imbuing animal spirits and calling Ancestors, more primal and ferocious...

Some ideas of spells to see what I mean:

Primal Strike - Melee Attack...

Ferocious Strike - Melee Attack...

Imbue Animal Spirit: Bear/Jaguar/Eagle/Python - Similar to current animal courage spells...

Summon Totem Pole: Ancestral/Elemental/Bestial Guardians - Within the area where the Totem Pole is placed the aforementioned are summoned and trapped attacking any enemies that enter the field...

Shamanistic Rage- Send Shaman into powerful rage...

Spirit Walk - Shaman's spirit parts from body, increasing attack speed and reducing chance to be hit, no longer hindered by certain affects, body still vulnerable...

Ancestor's Embrace - Protective buff or over-time heal...

Tribal Blood - Group spell, percentage of damage taken by shaman heals party...

I could go on. Anyway just my opinion, would like to see what you think... ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Orion4 View Post
    Hi,
    I personally Don't really like the sound of this build, I think the Shaman should be more spirit based, Imbuing animal spirits and calling Ancestors, more primal and ferocious...
    Regardless of what you "think" of as a Shaman, what you see posted is what the Developers "think" a Shaman should be. It is what it is. For the Shaman in particular, there is a lot of information on both the tree and root abilities

The Shaman, in Rift, is a melee damage dealer and a pretty significant buffer. If you want different abilities, you'll have to search the different souls to find those abilities, then build your class accordingly.

That's the beauty of Rift. If one particular soul doesn't fit, find what you need and build it. Souls are just a convenient name for a set of abilities.

Yeah, you're right, just thought it would be cooler like that Just voicing my opinion...

Anyway, still will give it a go, it still sound good ^^

thanks

These ideas have been touched on a couple times:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ance-and-Style.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...risons-of-each

It looks like the shaman will be the cleric melee dps class while the justicar will mix melee damage with healing. I expect it will be a highly used soul when mutli-classing since many of the others lack skills that are highly damage oriented.
    Behold the turtle of enormous girth, on his shell he holds the earth.

Default yep

Yeah, I'm looking at the talents available and this is the most DPS, self sufficient build I could make (pve, not pvp -- it's a leveling build).

Sham / Just / Puri

Basically:
    - 2 hander improvements in 2 branches
    - Melee crits heal 2% HP and 75% chance at mana return
    - Vengeance spells providing passive buffs
    - You can "use" your conviction stacks for 5% x (# of conviction stacks) increased damage OR to heal yourself in a pinch.
    - When you take damage you heal, when you heal damage you heal (crits)
    - 15% increased healing taken
    - Increased Armor in 2 branches
    - Couple of small quick heals to reduce downtime.
    - Health Buff from Purifier roots.

You also gain access to the Shaman AoE attack. The obvious disadvantages is you lose most crowd control and your resistance buffs (which I'm not sure is of importance for solo play).
    Last edited by Blinkx; 10-26-2010 at 04:16 PM.

It's not a leveling build. Silly to say that. You used every point available at level cap to get that spec, and once you're at level cap . . . what are you leveling?

Remember, one point per level.

Another thing, I'm not sure about it, but I recall hearing somewhere that Shaman was a heroic soul. I believe the Guardian starter is Sentinel, the Defiant is Purifier and then there should be one other available to both.

Rift Disciple

The shaman/justicar/* looks to be a great support class.

We where discussing some of it here. Click Here

I know as a support roll I will be going 31/20 Shaman/Justicar.

Waiting to see the zero points from cabalist and druid before making the final soul choice.

Dėtail
    Verrun - Shaman(27)\Druid(5)\Justicar(4)

Telaran

A pairing of Shaman and Justicar does seem like a logical choice... did I just sound Vulcan?!? grrrrrr

I have played Shaman in most every MMO as I liked how most made it a hybrid-style class for damage / healing or buffing / healing. In EQ, I loved my versatility in damage / healing / limited crowd control and always got a bit of a charge when we would go out and I would "root pull" for the party. It made for some spectacular deaths at times, but also some great stories full of bragging rights.

I will have at least one cleric in my stable of toons and look forward to creating a shaman.

+ Reply to Thread