+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger/Assassin or Ranger/Nightblade?

Telaran

Default Ranger/Assassin or Ranger/Nightblade?

My main soul will be Ranger. Which is the better choice to compliment ranger out of Assassin or Nightblade?

Assassins seems to have better thief-like skills, but are melee range, many of Nightblade's skills are usable at range.

For improving my Ranger damage:

Assassin gives me +5% crit chance, +4% physical damage, +20% physical crit damage

Nightblade gives me +15% damage on abilities that generate combo points and +15% damage on finishers.

Help - between these I can't decide - it seems dead even to me.

Thanks
    Stush
    Last edited by Stush; 01-23-2011 at 05:19 AM.

Are you pet heavy or ranged heavy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    Verily, Maelforge did say, "Suffer all the bros to come at me!"

Yeah, that piece is canon.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Meharial View Post
    Are you pet heavy or ranged heavy?
    Pet heavy.

Telaran

self bump after edits

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Stush View Post
    Assassins seems to have better thief-like skills, but are melee range, many of Nightblade's skills are usable at range.
    You have the Ranger soul for ranged attacks. To complement it, you need a melee soul. At range, you will not be using Nightblade skills, you will be using Ranger skills.

For my own part, I would definitely go with Assassin. I've played a Ranger/Assassin in PVE. It's fun. You can use the Ranger abilities and the Assassin finisher if they get into melee range. Also, the Assassin's poison skills do work with arrows.

One thing... be certain that you get Hasten Call in your Ranger tree. When you stealth, the pet stays visible. While you can use this to your advantage in PVP, it's nice to be able to move in Stealth and then instacall a pet when you are ready to attack.

Plane Touched

'Sin's poisons also work on your arrows--and you can have *2* "blade enchants" up at once--people have posted that these work on ranged rogues too.

'Sin all the way, though I don't know why you aren't taking some MM--or are you...?
    Last edited by Atar; 01-23-2011 at 05:36 AM.

Something like http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype=...20,5_&lang=eng should work. Assa for the talents and Sab for the 15% dex and aoe slow.
    "I am Defiant!"
    "Icewatch"

+ Reply to Thread