Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Class with highest Survivability?

Default Class with highest Survivability?

I've been playing a paladin for most of beta and have come to love it, but i'm wondering if people have found better builds in other varieties, i'm looking for the best class to be for playing in rift raids and such while having the highest survivability... in beta most of the time i try tanking but find myself without heals... how have you all liked clerics so far? or maybe ranged dps is better for surviving those massive raids where the devs open lots and lots of rifts?

i'd like to hear your thoughts, thanks.

Soulwalker

It mainly is going to depend on the class or NPC that you are Fighting. There isn't a class that easily survives everything.

You can make a really tough Warrior that can sorta self heal, or a tanky Priest that can heal very well and do alright damage. You wont be as good as two players working together though, but that should be obvious, 2 > 1. One just aint no fun, two is better than one.

Rift Disciple

I think rangers are pretty good at escaping from agro. I recall seeing a few kiting some tough mobs in stonefield. I think the ranger pet has some op taunt abilities. When I spam heal on my cleric during world fights I target the boss and heal his target. A lot of times that target is some pig pet.
    Last edited by tbox; 01-22-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Paladin looks to be pretty beastly if it's being meleed, although it doesn't have any castable heal (except it's full heal), so if you're facing someone capable of kiting (and lots can do that) you'll be in trouble... I suppose you could add Void Knight and/or Reaver to that mix of Paladin abilities and make up for the tanking-only heal talents in it's upper tree via some utility from those 2 souls...

Since you sound like you want a Fotm uber toon... just roll a Cleric like everyone else who's interested in playing (seeming) easymode from getgo. Do remember though end-game is a ton different then level 30.

Rift Disciple

I did not see that many clerics in the lvl 20 t0 27 warfronts last beta. I would maybe see 2 or 3 per side. If you want FOTM for pvp, melee fighter dps looks insane. I would check out the addiction vids were the guy is 3 shotting people.

Telaran

Most survivable been giving this some thought. Cleric take one of the healing souls, justicar (tank), and then the pvp soul. Self healing with high durability, of course the dps wont be anything too special.

Rift Disciple

Pve or pvp? In pvp the best survivability goes to the class with stealth Your uber cleric, paladin, kiting ranger or anything else is going to die every time it runs into 2+ people (more or less) the stealther just smiles and waits for some poor solo chap to kill.

Anyway, justicar with sentinel heavy or pvp heavy soul for secondary would seem to offer the best survivability (great heals, can tank melee ok, heals via melee attacks) Also I am not sure how well their mana regen works. Of course, this doesn't seem to give you any cc breakers (except pvp one) so you are likely to get kited by ranged classes.

Warrior classes seem pretty good in the sense of the best defense is offense. If you run at a mage and hit them for high damage, that mage will probably try to escape, not burn you down. Champion seems like it will be able to do some nice damage without much of a build up (get 3 points, auto crit = lots of damage fast) sub specs are debatable, seems to be quite a few that work well.

Also you can get a healing finisher from pvp tree, though I am not sure ho well it scales, but combined with the crazy survivability that paladins already have it might be pretty good.

Telaran

Justicar / Druid / Warden

Heal on melee, 6 instant heals (+15%), some CC.

I've played a Justicar in the pre-20 BGs and it usually requires at least 3 guys to take me down (even then, it takes them some time).

Paladin 33 / Void 33

Not much I see this having problems tanking. Ranged could be a potential weakness depending on anti-cc cooldowns.
    Tons of reactive damage, steady stream of heals coming in, a lot of anti - mage abilities.

Im so far favoring this idea for head start. Im curious (since im admittedly a bit biased) if someone sees glaring weaknesses with it other than its not a massive damage dealer (does have some nice burst when built up) ?

Shadowlander

I think alot of people are gonna be surprised at 50 how weak clerics are compared to what they are at 27. All those heals wont save you when silenced, stunned, knockedback etc. Also clerics dont have alot of crowd control escapes so when that champ is on you chances are u arent gettin away from him.

Shadowlander

dylvish, I think the build would do fine however its main problems in my opinion are gonna be catching up to alot of runners and like you said burst damage. You really only have a charge and one planeshift to get to people and by the time you build up to your burst they are probably gonna have run or teleported you into a bigger group.

PVE i would say Nerco/War/Chrono is dam near unkillable heals and alot of life leeching as well as fairly good damage to kill mobs fast and solo kill elites and it has fake death just incase it gets in over its head.
    Death is great people are dying to get there.

Death is great it's the cure to Life.

Soulwalker

Default soiloing

seems like u guys are only considering stupid duels (1x1),duels is about about what class u using(think of a purifier) and where are are when the duel start(think of a ranged running away from a melee with the window duel popped). This game IS NOT A DUEL GAME, what will matter is the group PvP. No matter what souls u have if u are alone and find 2 guys and will be in serious trouble, think of 3...

The key to succeed is knowing all classes and ur groupmates, the best the synergy with ur groupmates and their souls the more chances u have to succeed.

I heard a rumor from area 51 Rift beta:
    Chloro/Necro/Lock is a monster.

A bard standing between the Cleric and Warrior cc'ing any that try and pass have swept entire dungeons without scratches.
    Justicar/Shaman in 1on1 raids.
    Paladin doesnt even look at people when he walks around group raids.
    Though riftstalkers have been saying bad things only to keep them to themselves.

Pvp doesn't apply: pvp souls and glass canons can burn anything down before they die.
    Last edited by Sumnore; 01-23-2011 at 08:07 AM.
    Me: Zamphir Pet: Panflute
    Bard / Ranger / Rift
    If Bards get faster for every point over 36 (full Bard)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast