Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Best solo class

Rift Disciple

Default Best solo class

Coming back to the game after a not too long absence, was wondering what would be a good base class to solo with, when I left Cleric seemed to be about the best, is that still the case?

I believe all classes are viable in a solo environment and what makes one better than the other is a hard judgement to make. I first levelled a Cleric and whilst I enjoyed it at the time, the enjoyment was nothing in comparison to my Rogue.

I swap between ranged, melee and tank souls depending on the situation and for me my Rogue is the best class regardless of what ever other class can outperform it. The statistical best class is not always the best class for you!

Roleplay Character - Himo (Level 50 Elf Cleric) <The Clandestine>
    PvE/PvP Character - Katketty (Level 50 High Elf Rogue) <Crucio Sanctorum>

I still love Inquisitor solo. Weird thing is, I never changed my Inquisitor 51/Sentinel 10/Cabalist 5 spec since beta haha, now it becomes popular.

Quote Originally Posted by G0PH3R View Post
    I still love Inquisitor solo. Weird thing is, I never changed my Inquisitor 51/Sentinel 10/Cabalist 5 spec since beta haha, now it becomes popular.
    When they nerf other viable builds, one is limited to certain soul combinations.
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

My current order of Preference is:

* Warrior (44 RB/14 RVR/8 PAL or 44RB/20 PAR/8 WL)
    * Rogue (25 SIN/21 RS/20 BD)
    * Cleric (51 Druid)

The builds I have posted are preferred because I consider them to be zero downtime (no need to drink).

The Warrior has been quite fun since I found the original RB/Rvr build from the v1 version of Hitchhiker's Guide to Warrior Soloing. It turned my fight ... fight ... drink ... fight ... fight warrior into a non-stop self healing juggernaut. The current incarnation has four pieced of HK tank gear that I use with the remainder being T2 DPS and I can confidently solo entire onslaughts during their heaviest phases (with elites) and not have to pop Fury of the Ascended. Wandering around open-world I simply use the AoE Macro and spam everything in sight then once I have a large enough pool of opponents I pop Rift Storm and they all fall down. Rinse-Repeat until another PA level is reached.

The second warrior build is the 51 Riftblade. Blade of Elemental Affinity provides the self heals for this build as well as the damage reductions from Avatar of the Rift. This build does higher DPS than the RB/Rvr variant but has higher damage spikes in combat. Fighting with grouped mobs can mitigate this to some degree but solo fights with harder elites will evince the phenomenon. It's still a lot of fun and I prefer to just wander around in this build.

The Rogue build is based on the one from Master Dunsparrow's Lightning Ragnarok Shining Majesty spec. This build is a TON of sun to play and does very good ST and AoE damage. It's a very useful build in some Raid Situations as well (Tome popper for Matron). It provides self heals via Leeching Poison, Rift Scavenger and Meditative Trance.

The Cleric build replaced my older 51 Shaman build and is somewhat more laborious as you will need to keep an eye on Mana as the Druid seems to drink it like cool-aid. During the fight I usually pop Fae Hammer/Pupose when Mana is around 65% to re-fill. AoE combat is notorious for rapid mana drain. Soloing with the Greater Faerie out makes you pretty reslient although multiple elite or higher number mob situations will necessitate popping some cooldowns to get past.
    "Might does not make right... It just makes it possible."

Alekto, Cleric - Eryon, Warrior - Mause, Rogue - Casuane, Cleric

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Not Mage.

Mage solo specs are very gear-dependent, in large part because we do not have a tank soul to put enough points in for additional survivability. You can use a pet class with a tank pet, but often that requires going fairly deep into the soul to get a durable pet and a bit into chloro to heal the pet, which makes it difficult to get adequate damage output to just run around and chain pull stuff to burn down.

But there are mage solo specs around.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Quote Originally Posted by BrownsMageNerfDelivery View Post
    Not Mage.
    Testify.

My Warrior soloed better in blues than my Mage does in full HK oranges/ID purples.
    Pretty much everything other than a Mage can mow pretty much anything down with ease.
    We can still kill stuff but nowhere near on the same scale as a Warrior.
    Doesn't even play this game

Ascendant

I use to solo on my stormcaller with ease back when CC was worth a damn.

Rift Chaser

Duracell Cleric. Yes other things will solo faster, but they will run out of steam when they hit an elite.

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    I use to solo on my stormcaller with ease back when CC was worth a damn.
    Don't think they ever nerfed CC on mobs...?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by MNM View Post
    Felt like it, so I rolled a cleric.

aux

Quote Originally Posted by MNM View Post
    Pretty sure they nerfed Stormcaller snare duration.
    I'm so BORED

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    Pretty sure they nerfed Stormcaller snare duration.
    Regardless, everyone else can just facetank infimobs and not give a damn.
    Doesn't even play this game

Soloing as a mage is much more of a balls-to-the-wall experience - and consequently much more fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Lalothen View Post
    Soloing as a mage is much more of a balls-to-the-wall experience - and consequently much more fun!
    This.

I wont say it was a total solo but most of the 50 levels I got on my mage were solo and honestly, once you figured out things like pet control and mana consumption it was not only fun but easy. But that was all pre Ember Isle and before I stopped playing for a few months.
    started a Rogue and she is fun to play also, easy to solo. Haven't been back on my mage.
    I'm betting that I'm just abnormal enough to survive.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast