+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ranger Pet

Default Ranger Pet

hey guys, i got a question. Ranger pet will hide at same time of ranger or ranger hide and the pet is shown???? do u know????

Quote Originally Posted by anakock View Post
    hey guys, i got a question. Ranger pet will hide at same time of ranger or ranger hide and the pet is shown???? do u know????
    This First ONe what u wrhite on ur thread "Ranger pet will hide at same time of ranger"
    that i think btw about this question :P
    Royal Legion - www.royallegion.pl

If its like Vanguard is the ranger will hide but the pet will remain unstealthed.

Personally I hope they change that, so that when the ranger is stealthed it makes the pet stealth as well.

Nemesis

Rift Disciple

I think the pet should go into hiding along with the Ranger. If the ranger is able to give the pet commands then I am sure telling it to sit, or lie down, is not to far fetched.

IB

Quote Originally Posted by Drakus View Post
    This First ONe what u wrhite on ur thread "Ranger pet will hide at same time of ranger"
    that i think btw about this question :P
    Whenever I read your posts, the individual words are clearly English but I can not for the life of me understand your sentences.
    Behold the turtle of enormous girth, on his shell he holds the earth.

Default Just an opinion

I believe that if you go into hide/sneak you should lose your summoned pet. This allows you only 1 sneak attack as opposed to 2. Having control of a pet should be a perk, but only if you are visable. There should not be a high cast timer on summoning a pet though so you could backstab/sneak attack and summon your pet before the opponent has a chance to recover completly. Having 2 Backstab/sneak attacks is just a bit overpowering as most attacks done while in hiding have an added DMG booster or another added effect.
    Decamayter - QFT

If absolute knowledge is knowing that you know absolutly nothing then I'm a genious

Quote Originally Posted by Decamayter View Post
    I believe that if you go into hide/sneak you should lose your summoned pet. This allows you only 1 sneak attack as opposed to 2. Having control of a pet should be a perk, but only if you are visable. There should not be a high cast timer on summoning a pet though so you could backstab/sneak attack and summon your pet before the opponent has a chance to recover completly. Having 2 Backstab/sneak attacks is just a bit overpowering as most attacks done while in hiding have an added DMG booster or another added effect.
    I can agrre with what you are saing, but it will depend on the way the pets will work in RIFT.

They" haven't "stated yet if it will be a summonable pet, Or one that you tame and the more you use it and feed it. The more tame it becomes and will eventually follow all your comands without question.

I can agree that having two stealth attacks would be over powering, but if the pet and yopou are both in stealth it could be a two pronged single attack. With you and your pet striking at the same time.

Nemesis

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    I can agrre with what you are saing, but it will depend on the way the pets will work in RIFT.

They" haven't "stated yet if it will be a summonable pet, Or one that you tame and the more you use it and feed it. The more tame it becomes and will eventually follow all your comands without question.

I can agree that having two stealth attacks would be over powering, but if the pet and yopou are both in stealth it could be a two pronged single attack. With you and your pet striking at the same time.

Nemesis
    If they allow stealthed pets then they should be at the lowest lvl of stealth to where if you move the pet comes out of stealth or runs at a slower rate this would be ok as far an ambush type of class, but not for running around.
    Decamayter - QFT

If absolute knowledge is knowing that you know absolutly nothing then I'm a genious

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Decamayter View Post
    I gave this some serious thought before i posted that the pet should stealth along with the ranger. The reason I chose differently, is because the ranger class has the pet dps calculated as part of the rangers over all dps.
    It didn't seem right to hamstring the ranger by taking away a part of their damage dealing potential. I mean a rogue can stealth but they get to utilize their full arsenal...so it should be with the ranger.
    And besides, what is the ranger supposed to do... ambush someone then stop quickly and summon their pet before continuing the fight? It doesnt seem right.

IB

I think it should depend on the pet. In lord of the rings online there's a pet lynx that can stealth and initiate a surprise attack for big damage, but it cant tank well. On the flip side, if you summon a bear, it cant stealth but its a tank pet.

Rangers could use this mechanic as well. If you want to play the character as more of a stealth rogue then you could choose a pet which can stealth with you. If you'd rather go more brute force and have a solid companion for backup, you could choose a different pet with more life but no stealth.

tbh im curious as to how the pet will function as a whole, or even if it will provide much use in later levels. From the skilltree that has been revealed (obviously subject to change, can find it here) it seems that at lvl 50 the highest level pet for a ranger will be a lvl 35 raptor.

Hoping that this is just because it is with basic points spent in the tree, and that by buying the skill upgrades that are from vendors rather than through the skill tree itself, the pet level can be increased in level or upgraded. certianly got me wondering though, as surely a lvl 35 pet wont do much for a level 50 in a fight...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Butr0sButr0s View Post
    I think it should depend on the pet. In lord of the rings online there's a pet lynx that can stealth and initiate a surprise attack for big damage, but it cant tank well. On the flip side, if you summon a bear, it cant stealth but its a tank pet.

Rangers could use this mechanic as well. If you want to play the character as more of a stealth rogue then you could choose a pet which can stealth with you. If you'd rather go more brute force and have a solid companion for backup, you could choose a different pet with more life but no stealth.

I agree with this. each pet should have its on strengths and weaknesses.
    If I'm going to be playing a stealthy ranger I wouldnt choose a big burly bear as a pet. I'd want something sneaky like a cat or and eagle.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacka View Post
    Hoping that this is just because it is with basic points spent in the tree, and that by buying the skill upgrades that are from vendors rather than through the skill tree itself, the pet level can be increased in level or upgraded. certianly got me wondering though, as surely a lvl 35 pet wont do much for a level 50 in a fight...
    It would also be easy enough to have armor or jewelry that gave bonuses to your pet, say +5 or +7 to the current level. This could be a nice trade off - you could have a monster pet but your stats wouldn't be quite as high.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacka View Post
    tbh im curious as to how the pet will function as a whole, or even if it will provide much use in later levels. From the skilltree that has been revealed (obviously subject to change, can find it here) it seems that at lvl 50 the highest level pet for a ranger will be a lvl 35 raptor.

Hoping that this is just because it is with basic points spent in the tree, and that by buying the skill upgrades that are from vendors rather than through the skill tree itself, the pet level can be increased in level or upgraded. certainly got me wondering though, as surely a lvl 35 pet wont do much for a level 50 in a fight...
    Well if you watch the video where she is hovering over all the tree abilities the Blood Raptor one say nothing about it being lvl capped so not sure where they got that info from. Also the root abilities only the call Lesser pets has a lvl limit the regular ones mention no such lvl cap so again not sure were that info on the list is coming from. Plus the lvl caps that is shown on the site there is incorrect when compared to the video.
    Last edited by Zikkar; 09-08-2010 at 11:15 AM.

-Soon A developer term that is never as "soon" as you want it to be.

I wouldn't have an issue with the pet and the ranger having their own stealth timers. It could make for some interesting hit and run tactics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast