+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: I am confused with Diverse Soul combos

I like how lazy and/or bad players always like to justify their laziness on their playing in unique, non-cookie cutter-''fun'' ways.

It's also funny how these kind of players are always the ones who I find in raids on teamspeak to come up with such brilliant comments as ''I didn't read or look up the tactics, or prepare my spec to make it possible to do this fight, I only play to have fun''

lol.

You know why I'm scrutinising the OP so much? Because of how unintelligent his/her entire argument is. What do I mean exactly? He/she criticises the game for boasting diversity - when not every soul has the same DPS output/survivability. What does he/she want? Competitive dps/survivability amongst the souls. What will happen if Trion did this? Well, we may as well only have one soul for each calling since they'd all be esentially the same, just with different graphics and different ability names.

GET REAL.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    I like how lazy and/or bad players always like to justify their laziness on their playing in unique, non-cookie cutter-''fun'' ways.

It's also funny how these kind of players are always the ones who I find in raids on teamspeak to come up with such brilliant comments as ''I didn't read or look up the tactics, or prepare my spec to make it possible to do this fight, I only play to have fun''

lol.

You know why I'm scrutinising the OP so much? Because of how unintelligent his/her entire argument is. What do I mean exactly? He/she criticises the game for boasting diversity - when not every soul has the same DPS output/survivability. What does he/she want? Competitive dps/survivability amongst the souls. What will happen if Trion did this? Well, we may as well only have one soul for each calling since they'd all be esentially the same, just with different graphics and different ability names.

GET REAL.
    Wow.
    Tell it like it is..
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Wow.
    Tell it like it is..
    I like your avatar picture. I remember the days of fishing thousands of Lobsters in that god-awful-but-play-it-anyway 'mmo' XD

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    I like your avatar picture. I remember the days of fishing thousands of Lobsters in that god-awful-but-play-it-anyway 'mmo' XD
    Oh lord..
    People call getting to P40 a grind lmfao.
    Try 99 RC bro
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Oh lord..
    People call getting to P40 a grind lmfao.
    Try 99 RC bro
    bahahahahahaa. That's the one thing I miss about RS. I was a little disappointed that max level/profression in Rift can take as little as a couple of days instead of several months/years

Shadowlander

There seems to be this discussion in just about every mmo that has talent trees for various reasons. In wow it was "If I want to raid I have to use x spec even though there are multiple choices" in SWTOR it was "We don't need damage meters because it brings in cookie cutter specs which is boring" and etc.

But here is my take on it.

People tend to forget these are team based games where you work together to complete some task. There's a reason there are "top cookie cutter" specs, which is because people put a lot of time in it crunching numbers finding out ways to have your character perform at top capability. When playing in a team, you want to have your character do the best it can do so you can contribute as much as you can for your team. Wanting to play some weird talent/soul combination is actually very selfish. You are putting your own wants in front of your team which is the definition of selfishness.

Now if this were a single player game where your performance only affects you and nobody else, I would say use any talent combination you want. However this is a team game where your performance has a direct impact on 4-19 other players. If you are putting out say 2,000 dps with your spec vs someone of the same class putting out 4,000 dps, I'm sorry to say it, but you are a detriment to your team. On the flip-side, if you can put together an odd spec and put out 3,800 dps, then by all means have at it. Just make sure you try it out on a target dummy before you raid. In other words, if you want to use a weird spec, just make sure you can contribute just as much to the group as someone using a spec that's considered the top spec.

Rift Disciple

Default My spec's are always unique

I can't really see the issue here. I find difficult to play the top DPS specs, because they do not fit my playstlye. So I always play my own "odd" specs, simply because i do more DPS with them.

For example when SC/ELE and PYRO/ELE were the top DPS builds, i was playing 51pyro/10lock/5 arch, because that was the build I liked.

When i got back to the game a week ago, I tried the FOTM dps spec, 3x/3x pyro/lock, and I was doing 1200 DPS. When I got back to my 51 pyro, I was doing 1500-1600, in raids sometimes 1900. And I see the other guildmates doing less and less even though we have the same gear. Because they don't make their own specs, with their own playstlye in mind.

I think that answers all the OP's problems. The actual top DPS builds are doing like 5-10% more DPS than a logical, but not widely used spec. And unless your in a progression guild trying to do the next raid, racing all the other guilds, that 10% should not matter, since the actual content is easily doable with a large error margin.

In PVP my statement holds even more truth. Because in PVP you shouldn't just get top DPS spec, cause then you'll drop like a fly. It is also interesting, that I can't really play as a chlorolock 3x/3x spec, and I can fare better as a 51 chloro / 15 lock. I can't really DPS as a pyro/dom in a WF, but I can nuke the sh!t out of everyone with a 51pyro. And everyone kills me easily too, cause that's what 51pt pyro is, a true glass cannon. But it fits my playstlye, while everyone else is trying to own with a pyrodom just because there is a forum post about that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2